Armor Credit at Merchant

Started 6 Sep 2019
by Hijak Yurio
in Ask the Team
I joined Phoenix for the old, classic DAoC I missed so much. Enjoyed the new leveling and loved the newfound love with the nice population. But as I come to the point of making my first template. I am hit with another roadblock from these cursed feathers. Apparently you need boss credits to buy armor? Who knew, not me. Well, that's great, no big deal right? Just do the raids and get credit. It's a shame they're not held anymore like they were used to. I'm sure the system worked fine when you first released. However, now everyone has credit and I'm told they don't take place too often, talking about the raids. Which is a damn shame cause I got 55K feathers I earned that are now useless to me cause I can't do anything with them, not even sell them. So, I'm forced to grind even more to make money and pay someone to give me the armor, even though I've earned the currency. People say they only take place 2-3 times a MONTH if you're lucky and if you hear about it and if you're able to get on. That's a lot of if's, too many if's. It's to the point now that it turns off new players instead of being an easy and fun thing to do with a bunch of people. It's now blocking my progression, I'm in a stall. Please advise, this seems ridiculous to me that I have to wait or go grind more on top of my already grinding...Thank you
Sat 7 Sep 2019 2:12 AM by romulus
Hi!
I'm sorry you feel like you aren't making progress toward getting temped and out into RvR, 55k feathers seem like plenty to get started, but you just need to find some crafter that you can trade tears and ashes for the armor and weapon pieces that you need. Crafters always need tears for pots and ashes for armor enchants and ROG salvages, so you should be able to advertise in /trade for a swap.

Don't get discouraged! Raids do happen from time to time and are still a good way to get feathers and items, even if you can only get into one every 2 weeks or so. You didn't mention what realm you are on, but perhaps someone in your realm or, even better, in your guild or alliance can step up and help you out. There are a lot of helpful people around that can assist, if you know how to ask for help.

Good luck!
Sat 7 Sep 2019 3:22 AM by Hijak Yurio
Okay, I appreciate the advice and fast reply, I will try and do that tears idea. I still think there should be an easier way around this, I feel like I shouldn't have to get around it, cause I'd like to do it, but I digress. Thank you. I am Midgard and what should I sell tears for?
Sat 7 Sep 2019 4:31 AM by carlwinslow
Just level a character that can do aoe pulls and then you can farm 6plat in a few hours and just buy the item you want from somebody. Unless you got a character that is desireable for hoh or ds then farming is the way to go assuming you got a farming character and are able to salvage!
Sat 7 Sep 2019 5:56 AM by romulus
Hijak Yurio wrote:
Sat 7 Sep 2019 3:22 AM
Okay, I appreciate the advice and fast reply, I will try and do that tears idea. I still think there should be an easier way around this, I feel like I shouldn't have to get around it, cause I'd like to do it, but I digress. Thank you. I am Midgard and what should I sell tears for?

Don't sell tears/ash, trade them!

For example, you want an epic dungeon armor chest piece that costs 20k feathers and requires kill credit for TG bosses. You have 55k feathers, but no credit. You announce in /trade, that you want to trade 20k feathers worth of tears or ash (recipients prerogative) for a 20k armor chest piece. Any kind trader who was going to go buy tears or ash anyway should be happy to facilitate that trade. If you don't get any takers, you can always nudge up the tear amounts (e.g. say 25k worth for a 20k piece) or throw a little gold in if you just can't find anyone willing to trade.

I'm willing to bet you can find someone who will do the 1:1 trade just to help you out, and you will meet a craftsman that you can later use when you want to assemble your template, or from whom you can purchase your end-game RvR pots from.

Good luck!
Sat 7 Sep 2019 6:19 AM by Hijak Yurio
Thank you, you've been very helpful. I bet I can do that, didn't even think about it!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics