What is "Crossrealming"?

Started 6 Sep 2019
by darq13
in Ask the Team
In the rules it states:
2. Crossrealming
Crossrealming is not allowed and trying to circumvent the 12h realm timer will lead to a punishment of the player.

I started playing yesterday. 1st time DAOC after... countless years, feels like 20.
I barely remember anything about the game. I remember there were some ways to receive tasks and some solo dungeoneering.
But I really don't know what an efficient way to level up would be.

So I started in Hib because I for the most part neglected that realm in the past, that much I do remember.
I created a Nightshade and leveled to 6. Then I got bored and also hit a wall because blues would no longer be easy to kill. Went to Tir Na Nog and trained some skills.
But then reconsidered and wanted to start a new character on Mid.
Deleted the NS and a level 2 Eldrich I had also created on Hib to be able to access other realms. I had to log out completely so it would allow me to.

So now I have a level 4 Spiritmaster on Mid.
But I also like playing other realm classes.
I'd love to have a Cabbalist on Alb or an Eldrich on Hib.

What is Crossrealming?
Does that mean that I have to wait 12 hours when I played Mid that I can play Hib or Alb?
What if the characters are low level and don't influence the lvl50 RvR?

I want to explore the game's classes, what does Crossrealming mean in that context?
Fri 6 Sep 2019 3:46 PM by romulus
Hi darq!
Cross-realming is just working with the enemy realms (any different realm than the one you are logged in as) to the detriment of your own. Your example of wanting to play in multiple realms is not cross-realming. If you were in a Discord server and chatting with members of an enemy realm and sharing information with them as to where your guys are going, troop strengths, etc. then that would be cross-realming.

You can also read up here for information on the realm switch timer, though it sounds like you are familiar with needed to delete all characters in your current realm if you want to instantly switch.
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11077

Good luck and welcome to Phoenix!
Fri 6 Sep 2019 3:46 PM by chryso
You have to wait 12 hours to log into a different realm regardless of what level your characters are.
(aside from deletion)
Fri 6 Sep 2019 3:53 PM by vxr
darq13 wrote:
Fri 6 Sep 2019 3:38 PM
In the rules it states:
2. Crossrealming
Crossrealming is not allowed and trying to circumvent the 12h realm timer will lead to a punishment of the player.

I started playing yesterday. 1st time DAOC after... countless years, feels like 20.
I barely remember anything about the game. I remember there were some ways to receive tasks and some solo dungeoneering.
But I really don't know what an efficient way to level up would be.

So I started in Hib because I for the most part neglected that realm in the past, that much I do remember.
I created a Nightshade and leveled to 6. Then I got bored and also hit a wall because blues would no longer be easy to kill. Went to Tir Na Nog and trained some skills.
But then reconsidered and wanted to start a new character on Mid.
Deleted the NS and a level 2 Eldrich I had also created on Hib to be able to access other realms. I had to log out completely so it would allow me to.

So now I have a level 4 Spiritmaster on Mid.
But I also like playing other realm classes.
I'd love to have a Cabbalist on Alb or an Eldrich on Hib.

What is Crossrealming?
Does that mean that I have to wait 12 hours when I played Mid that I can play Hib or Alb?
What if the characters are low level and don't influence the lvl50 RvR?

I want to explore the game's classes, what does Crossrealming mean in that context?

1 - No need to go to TNN to train. You can train anywhere just type /train
2 - Unlimited respecs until 50. For that you need to go to your trainer
3 - You can play any realm you want, but have to wait 12 hours after logging in a realm regardless of level. If you delete all your toons on that realm you can switch without waiting.
4 - An example of cross realming is to make another account to log into another realm. You will likely be banned for doing so.
5 - Let us know what kind of playstyle your into and we can suggest some classes to try.
6 - Hib is underpopulated and gets a bonus for being so. Being underpopulated has pros and cons.
7 - I play a Spiritmaster and only a Spiritmaster, so if you have any questions about them feel free to ask me.

Hope that helps.
Sat 7 Sep 2019 3:46 PM by darq13
Ok thanks for answers.

I must say I'm quite disappointed.
I was playing the spiritmaster yesterday to level 25. Missed Thidranki, the others left when they were 24. 4 of us were left, wiped once in the frontier, then some Lurikeen came and bombed us dead.
After that the group disbanded.
I respecced back to Darkness line and went to solo to 26. Zzzzz.
Was LFG spamming every 5 minutes or so.
Saw one guy who I grouped with previously now in another group with a 50 shaman there, right next to me.
They were 6. You think they invited me or something?
No they were french, an exclusive club apparently.
Some German shammy then kindly buffed me.
But this left a sour taste.
So much that I won't be playing Midgard. The tone was also a lot more unfriendly than on Hib.

Today then this stupid event again. No one available for grouping.
You can form a group - no response. You can be LFG - no response.
What's the point of playing a MMORPG solo?
Sorry but screw this.
I'm frustrated and pissed.

I'm moving on to Warhammer - Return of Reckoning.

So far my nostalgia journey lead me from Meridian 59 over EQ P1999, EQ PEQ, EQ EZ, to here. But PvP people suck. And DAOC was always special in terms of exclusivity.
I remember now why I quit playing. All stacked groups and no chance to get into anywhere.
I'm 44 now and I don't have all freaking day to spend on waiting for someone to respond to LFG calls. 20 years ago it didn't feel like such a waste of time because you didn't consider your mortality. You thought you'd live forever.
Maybe after Warhammer I'll go SWG. Let's see what the issues are there.
The ultimately dreaded scenario I end up in WoW classic ugh. I hate WoW but at least people group there.

It's saturday afternoon no freaking groups and the stupid event driving everyone to there.
Yeah I went there, took a few seconds to die to some aoe dot. Thanks for the exp loss.
And I'm out.
Sat 7 Sep 2019 4:04 PM by gotwqqd
darq13 wrote:
Sat 7 Sep 2019 3:46 PM
Ok thanks for answers.

I was playing the spiritmaster yesterday to level 25. Missed Thidranki, the others left when they were 24. 4 of us were left, wiped once in the frontier, then some Lurikeen came and bombed us dead.
Saw one guy who I grouped with previously now in another group with a 50 shaman there, right next to me.
So much that I won't be playing Midgard. The tone was also a lot more unfriendly than on Hib.

Sorry but screw this.

So far my nostalgia journey lead me from Meridian 59 over EQ P1999, EQ PEQ, EQ EZ, to here. But PvP people suck. And DAOC was always special in terms of exclusivity.
I remember now why I quit playing. All stacked groups and no chance to get into anywhere.
I'm 44 now and I don't have all freaking day to spend on waiting for someone to respond to LFG calls. 20 years ago it didn't feel like such a waste of time because you didn't consider your mortality. You thought you'd live forever.
The ultimately dreaded scenario I end up in WoW classic ugh. I hate WoW but at least people group there.

It's saturday afternoon no freaking groups and the stupid event driving everyone to there.
Yeah I went there, took a few seconds to die to some aoe dot. Thanks for the exp loss.
And I'm out.

I started in Albion created a bunch of toons pretty much completely solo...didn’t really ask for groups
Then went mid made a couple 50’s and 8 or so level 24...really no issues getting groups with any class
Now in hib
Made 8 50’s and working on 3 more
With my animist, bombers, buffers really no issue getting groups, much harder with my VW, champ, ns, ranger

I will say when I get home from work(7:00am CDT) I have a bit of trouble finding groups all classes. After I sleep and if 2:00pm or later grouping is far easier
Sat 7 Sep 2019 5:39 PM by Numatic
darq13 wrote:
Sat 7 Sep 2019 3:46 PM
Ok thanks for answers.

Sorry but screw this.

And I'm out.
Yea move to another game. DAoc is definitely not for you. At least with how old the game is. You also need to realize that this is a private server and its already many months in as well, so most people have half a dozen toons at least that are fully temped for RvR. So you wont find many grps lvling up. However they made soloing very fast here with kill task items, eggs, and kill tasks. Once you know where to go and what to do it's very fast. My last guy to 50 was my Shadowblade (assasins are the hardest to lvl arguably) and I got him to 50 in under 20 hours /played. With no help, buffs, or twink gear. Just used whatever drops I got while lvling.

But if you're looking for more socializing and groups while lvling, you should try ff14 or WoW. You seem like the type that needs an auto party finder type of system. Which is fine. But DAoC is much more bare bones due to its age and with a much lower pop, that MMORPG "feel" is scarce until you hit end game.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics