Melee Swing Speed Formula/Calculator

Started 5 Sep 2019
by Coruonel
in Ask the Team
I’ve seen many different swing speed calculators online, and they all give different results. I was wondering if the devs could share the swing speed formula with us? Or perhaps there’s a calculator specifically meant for Phoenix somewhere.

I’m trying to figure out how much Aug Qui and Mastery of Arms to invest RAs into without hitting the 1.5s swing speed cap.

Thanks!
Thu 5 Sep 2019 8:39 PM by Cadebrennus
Coruonel wrote:
Thu 5 Sep 2019 8:30 PM
I’ve seen many different swing speed calculators online, and they all give different results. I was wondering if the devs could share the swing speed formula with us? Or perhaps there’s a calculator specifically meant for Phoenix somewhere.

I’m trying to figure out how much Aug Qui and Mastery of Arms to invest RAs into without hitting the 1.5s swing speed cap.

Thanks!

I use this character planner which has a built-in calculator. I've checked the results of the swing speed calculator against a log parser and it's pretty accurate.

http://daoctb.sourceforge.net/Charplan__EN.htm

Note: I use an older version that is more in line with the Phoenix "patch level".
Thu 5 Sep 2019 9:13 PM by Coruonel
Thank you!!!
Fri 6 Sep 2019 3:23 AM by Killaloth
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6435

same results? I provided the link you compare it
Mon 9 Sep 2019 6:04 AM by Coruonel
Cadebrennus, which charplan version are you using? There are SOO many versions under the "Old Versions" link.
Mon 9 Sep 2019 8:51 AM by Cadebrennus
Coruonel wrote:
Mon 9 Sep 2019 6:04 AM
Cadebrennus, which charplan version are you using? There are SOO many versions under the "Old Versions" link.

Any version will give you an accurate readout when it comes to calculations alone. I am using the version that corresponds to patch level 1.68, it's the closest that you will get to Phoenix standards. There are some things that aren't accurate, such as Wardens with Shield spec and higher spec points on this particular char planner, so always double check your planned spec and points against the official online Phoenix Charplan.
Tue 10 Sep 2019 1:40 AM by Coruonel
I gotta admit, I just don’t see any references to patch levels on those downloads. Just patch levels of the utility. (1.6.8 for example). Which version are you using?
Tue 10 Sep 2019 8:58 AM by Cadebrennus
Coruonel wrote:
Tue 10 Sep 2019 1:40 AM
I gotta admit, I just don’t see any references to patch levels on those downloads. Just patch levels of the utility. (1.6.8 for example). Which version are you using?

Once I fire up my computer in a bit I'll let you know.
Tue 10 Sep 2019 9:37 AM by Cadebrennus
Coruonel wrote:
Tue 10 Sep 2019 1:40 AM

Try out build version 1.6.5.0 for patch level 1.87b. Like I've mentioned, the spec point allocation might not be correct (for Wardens, for example) but the calculators seem to be accurate. Also, don't forget to change the stats in the temp (like the +25 to temps) and make sure the buff columns are accurate to whatever source you're getting buffs from (pot or group buffer).
Wed 11 Sep 2019 4:18 AM by Coruonel
I ran the calculator, there's just too much unknown (ie no idea if this calculator is accurate for our server). Is there any way a dev could please post the melee swing speed formula?
Wed 11 Sep 2019 4:38 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Coruonel wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019 4:18 AM
I ran the calculator, there's just too much unknown (ie no idea if this calculator is accurate for our server). Is there any way a dev could please post the melee swing speed formula?

Gruenes has posted it a few times, go back through his (her?) post history and you'll find it eventually.
Wed 11 Sep 2019 10:28 AM by Cadebrennus
Coruonel wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019 4:18 AM

It's been accurate for me (it matched parsed logs). The only variables are your final stats (quickness) after buffs and temp, make sure that's accurate, and haste. Make sure that the other boxes next to haste are set to zero. If anything it's easier to calculate here because there are less factors to account for (no celerity unless in Mid, no Mythirians, no +weapon speed in temp, etc.)
Wed 18 Sep 2019 7:42 PM by Coruonel
I’ve found the formula for effective swing speed:

SPD*(1-((Qui-60)/500))*(1-haste%)

My question: How does the RA Mastery of Arms work into the equation? Is it added into the haste% or calculated separately? For example:

A) SPD*(1-((Qui-60)/500))*(1-(spellhaste%+MoA%))

-or-

B) SPD*(1-((Qui-60)/500))*(1-haste%)*(1-MoA%)
Wed 18 Sep 2019 11:07 PM by galac
I'm quite sure it's A)

http://talsyra.tripod.com/daocmechanics/weaponspeed.html
MOA1 (old 3%) gives same result as +3% haste
Thu 19 Sep 2019 8:05 AM by Cadebrennus
galac wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 11:07 PM
I'm quite sure it's A)

One thing I'm not sure about are the values of old/Live MoA matching here. On the Talsyra calc it stops at MoA5 I think, whereas I think Phoenix MoA stops at MoA8.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 9:02 AM by inoeth
Cadebrennus wrote:
Thu 19 Sep 2019 8:05 AM
galac wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 11:07 PM
I'm quite sure it's A)

One thing I'm not sure about are the values of old/Live MoA matching here. On the Talsyra calc it stops at MoA5 I think, whereas I think Phoenix MoA stops at MoA8.

phoenix moa9=15% / old moa5=15%
Tue 24 Sep 2019 2:13 PM by Ardri
Is this link not an accurate one to use? Seems to be correct, but i haven't compared it to others.

https://www.daocutils.com/utilities
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics