Please explain /tradeorder logic

Started 5 Sep 2019
by Chihuahua
in Ask the Team
Hey,

ive got a question about the logic behind /tradeorder:

Does the amount to transfer has to match a similar tradeorder or it sums up the traderorders from the other realm until it matches my traderorder quantity?

Im asking, because I have had a 50p tradeorder from Hib to Alb up quite a long time (1week+) and it still hasnt completed.

Would be actually cool to see my position in the que, or the other active tradeorders as update
Thu 5 Sep 2019 3:21 PM by Sepplord
in the initial explanation of the system there was an example that tradeorder do not have to be completely filled, they can be partially filled

i guess not many want to trade from alb to hib for the current conversion rates....would be nice to have information about the amount of trades happening/happened though. When i read the conversion rates trading to hib didnt seem appealing to me personally
Thu 5 Sep 2019 3:40 PM by Sleepwell
Yeah, i don't think a lot are trading to hib at the moment. Maybe initially, but the conversion rate does make sense.. if you're going to live there. Its no different with real life currency conversion rate. 1 us dollar = .811 british pound = 107 japanese yen. Alb to mid to hib per say :-). if youre just moving gold to have gold on each realm <shrug>. If you plan to move realms, then sure, it makes absolute sense.
Thu 5 Sep 2019 5:27 PM by Sepplord
Sleepwell wrote:
Thu 5 Sep 2019 3:40 PM
Yeah, i don't think a lot are trading to hib at the moment. Maybe initially, but the conversion rate does make sense.. if you're going to live there. Its no different with real life currency conversion rate. 1 us dollar = .811 british pound = 107 japanese yen. Alb to mid to hib per say :-). if youre just moving gold to have gold on each realm <shrug>. If you plan to move realms, then sure, it makes absolute sense.

i understand what conversion rates are...but would you trade 1dollar for 1,3 taka (currency in bangladesh)?

I don't know if it really is like it seems, but someone thinking about trading to hibernia maybe also only has the foruminfo about prices...and there we always hear prices for featheritems that are MUCH higher then the conversion rate accounts for. That might have several other reasons and maybe when looking at only the gold economy of the realms the conversion rates are perfect. But for me, and my information, trading to hib with the current conversion rates is simply not attractive
Thu 12 Sep 2019 5:25 PM by Chaskha
Feather market is higher on Hib still but it is going down.
You can easily trade 20k feathers for 6p now while it was 8p 2 months ago
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics