3&4 part chains ... how hard is it to complete them?

Started 30 Aug 2019
by gotwqqd
in Ask the Team
Trying to figure out final spec for a VW.
50 has the 4th part of a chain. As I sometimes can’t land the second part of a chain against a stunned opponent I wonder if this is worth the points spent there instead of another line.

While I bet getting it off would be spectacular would it happen enough that it matters
Fri 30 Aug 2019 5:24 AM by REVOLTE
why not ...just try it?
this is phoenix after all.

my paperdaoc senses tell me that 50/38/20 looks rly good if you wanna conflag people.
Fri 30 Aug 2019 8:00 AM by gotwqqd
What’s the baked in miss rate?
10%

So you need evade...then .9*.9*.9*.9=.65

That would be the Best you could hope for
Bubble, Block, parry, evade other defensive bonus the enemy may have
I can try but if others experience shows that it’s not worth it I’d rather look at other spec from getgo
Fri 30 Aug 2019 9:00 AM by REVOLTE
id still try it tbh.
i mean, you dont gain much by going 44/43/23....

cant go below 44 scythe....cant REALLY go below 20 parry if not exclusively 8v8ing....
Fri 30 Aug 2019 7:58 PM by Klagdon
Do not bother with 50 Scythe, it's almost impossible to get off in RvR. As a VW you'll be attacking mostly casters/support/etc and they're going to be casting, not meleeing you so you won't be evading them anyway. Even on my BM my 3 part side chain is hard to get off in full, and that's a positional, not reactionary. 44 Scythe is pretty standard so you get the rear stun, but Conflagration is just too hard to pull off to make all those extra spec points worth it. They're better spent in Arb/Parry
Mon 2 Sep 2019 6:09 AM by MyCatKevin
I'm not sure if things are different as I've been away for a couple months but 3rd and 4th styles in chains are extremely hard to get off.

Phoenix changed the RNG for hitting/missing/blocking etc. a few months into the life of the server being live. They went from a pure RNG system where each attack and its result was separate from each other to a card system.

So originally the system meant that each attack had the same chance to hit, miss, be blocked etc (as long as everything else stayed the same during the fight) so if you had a 50% chance to hit someone. Every single swing would have a 50% chance to hit.

Now as results occur the chance of that result occurring again is less. As explained by gruenesschaff :

"Another example would be a card system, where all possible solutions are in a bag and every random roll draws a card making that particular card unavailable for subsequent draws until the bag is empty. We're using PRD for crits / procs and since this change the card system for defensive rolls"

So for long style chains each time you successfully hit, the chance you'll hit with the next one is lower. It sucks for VWs and Reavers since their 4 style chains are pretty powerful.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics