Ellyllon faction

Started 29 Aug 2019
by Boltman
in Ask the Team
Hello,

I have been trying to get good faction with the Elly's in Albion for quite a while. To do this I have killed many, many Tylwyth Teg. On each kill I get the message that my relationship with the Tylwyth Teg has decreased. I get another line that says my relationship with the Ellyllon has increased. Can the Elly become neutral on this server, or am I just wasting my time?

ps. This is on my mid toon.

Thanks for your prompt response
Thu 29 Aug 2019 3:56 AM by shintacki
Pretty sure factions do not work like that on this server, so yeah you're wasting your time.
Thu 29 Aug 2019 7:51 AM by Kampfar
They worked at least in beta. Killed Tons of werewolves so svartalf went neutral. After some hours of svartalf kills they went aggro
Thu 29 Aug 2019 9:33 AM by kiectred
It does work with other factions. For a while I'd killed so many ogres in Krondon that drakorans were friendly to me.

And I heard about some hunter during OF who had faction with Ellyls somehow and was sniping at people from inside their camp along the wall in snowdonia, although I never saw it myself. Maybe something broke/changed with NF, I'm not sure.
Thu 29 Aug 2019 1:01 PM by Horus
I've heard rumors it was possible but I have no 1st hand confirmation. Would be nice to hear from dev on this topic. Faction play is a nice part of the DaoC system.
Thu 29 Aug 2019 10:18 PM by woody
kiectred wrote:
Thu 29 Aug 2019 9:33 AM
It does work with other factions. For a while I'd killed so many ogres in Krondon that drakorans were friendly to me.

And I heard about some hunter during OF who had faction with Ellyls somehow and was sniping at people from inside their camp along the wall in snowdonia, although I never saw it myself. Maybe something broke/changed with NF, I'm not sure.

That's what I did. Camp full of aggro mobs was a great deterrent to a sin coming in for a PA on me.

It was also fun pulling Necro pets into the camp.

Faction definitely works (or worked, in OF) - but it did take a lot of kills. Can't say I kept track.. but everything was friendly except the Elly Champions iirc
Fri 30 Aug 2019 1:32 PM by Horus
Yea I've killed about 300 tegs n NF. Still no love...or like...or friendly...or neutral from the Ells
Fri 30 Aug 2019 3:24 PM by Aph
Factions are not implemented. I don’t know why the message appear. Perhaps a staff member can comment and confirm?
Fri 30 Aug 2019 3:40 PM by ExcretusMaximus
They're enabled in Albion, I was able to get friendly with the Lamia faction by killing a few thousand orcs.
Fri 30 Aug 2019 6:15 PM by chryso
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Fri 30 Aug 2019 3:40 PM
They're enabled in Albion, I was able to get friendly with the Lamia faction by killing a few thousand orcs.

I am also friendly with the lamia faction so factions do work.
Fri 30 Aug 2019 8:59 PM by Boltman
I am friendly with llamias as well, so I know the system is in place, I was just asking if the NF Elly were working, because I've killed an awful lot of them... just saying
Sun 1 Sep 2019 12:38 PM by Aph
I suppose that is the only faction ‘working’ then... there’s no factions in hib or mid afaik. No related quests, stable masters or the like either. I remember they commented on it during beta, but I have no clue how to find that post.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 4:27 PM by kiectred
Aph wrote:
Sun 1 Sep 2019 12:38 PM
I suppose that is the only faction ‘working’ then... there’s no factions in hib or mid afaik. No related quests, stable masters or the like either. I remember they commented on it during beta, but I have no clue how to find that post.

Even in mainland hib/mid? Every faction seems active in alb mainland; have done it with more than just lamia.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 6:35 PM by Breathaan
Elyll faction does work, I have several toons that they are now friendly to. It does take quite a few Tylweth Teg kills tho, probably over 400. And negative faction seems to grow faster than positive, so killing Elyll partway through (or before probably) would have a disproportionate impact.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 10:51 PM by sabyrtuth
Faction def works for azure/glimmer in sheeroe on hib.
Mon 2 Sep 2019 8:41 AM by Aph
That sounds great :O is there any benefit from the factions then? do the npcs turn friendly etc? is there any merchants or stable masters you can utilize after grinding the reputation? I know someone said that the stable master to modernagrav was non existant, ie. faction not working.

Maybe the reputations in the dragon zones got updated after the client switch? I know the zones coulden't stay in their original form, which could result in some positive effects ^^

On another note... Trying to get comments from the staff on NPC matters is kinda tough. They changed alot of npcs in the switch to NF but there is no comment on this anywhere. So nobody actually knows what has been changed during the client update, and they stay silent after countless bumps and new posts on the topic.
A well known example: Dullahan no longer styles after the switch. Afaik no npcs have styles or abilities anymore? Would be so good if a staff member could explain this.
Mon 2 Sep 2019 9:55 AM by gruenesschaf
Most factions start at around 400 and a kill either way removes / adds 1, Ellyllon and Tylwyth Teg should work as expected and the mobs placed in NF appear to have the correct faction assigned, they should become friendly after about 375ish kills if you haven't killed any ellyll.
Some factions are special and just there for flavor text: you get the faction change notification but it's impossible to get them friendly (this is mostly the case for the undeads and similar things)
Mon 2 Sep 2019 10:00 AM by gruenesschaf
Aph wrote:
Mon 2 Sep 2019 8:41 AM
On another note... Trying to get comments from the staff on NPC matters is kinda tough. They changed alot of npcs in the switch to NF but there is no comment on this anywhere. So nobody actually knows what has been changed during the client update, and they stay silent after countless bumps and new posts on the topic.
A well known example: Dullahan no longer styles after the switch. Afaik no npcs have styles or abilities anymore? Would be so good if a staff member could explain this.

Styles with a large impact have been removed from charmable pets in rvr zones. Dullahans had / have (in mainland) the entire scythe line, some mobs had the arms anytime snare and similar things.
Tue 3 Sep 2019 10:48 PM by carlwinslow
Any chance you guys could nerf some of the casting mobs? I know this is how the mechanic works for chanter/necro pets but its insane how some of the charmed mobs instantly start casting at 1500 range and finish the cast no matter what even at like 2000+ range. It basically means if you are a caster with 1500 range that anytime you are able to get into range to attack a pet user their pet is guaranteed going to be able to rupt a few seconds later you even if you do a good job kiting. reduce the casting range of charmed magic pets to like 1000, they have too much power imo. In addition to that I've even been chain stunned from far away by chickens, really feel like they should be more in melee range to do that, I think some of the npc mobs need an overhaul to make them less broken.
Wed 4 Sep 2019 1:58 PM by Boltman
Thanks for the info, as after one more night of bashing in Teg heads I finally reached friendly with the Elly! It is possible, just a long trek.

Thanks All,
Wed 4 Sep 2019 4:19 PM by Aph
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 2 Sep 2019 10:00 AM
Aph wrote:
Mon 2 Sep 2019 8:41 AM

Styles with a large impact have been removed from charmable pets in rvr zones. Dullahans had / have (in mainland) the entire scythe line, some mobs had the arms anytime snare and similar things.

Could you put this in patch notes so it’s public what have been changed? Seems kind of silly just to change everything in the dark and let us find out the hard way..
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics