Do you dislike hibernia?

Started 29 Jul 2019
by relvinian
in Ask the Team
356 albs

359 mids

223 hibs

I was told to stop whining by my fellow hibs but a few recent class changes come to mind on hib.

Where is the love?
Mon 29 Jul 2019 10:42 PM by bm01
Right now it's Albion: 324 Midgard: 325 Hibernia: 199.

Hibernia is actually my favorite realm, but I always wanted to play a buffed Thane. I'd probably be playing a Valewalker (possibly a Champion) otherwise, especially since we're using NF now.
Mon 29 Jul 2019 10:45 PM by florin
I can pinpoint Hibernias decline to a specific fateful day
Mon 29 Jul 2019 11:02 PM by kiectred
relvinian wrote:
Mon 29 Jul 2019 10:06 PM
356 albs

359 mids

223 hibs

I was told to stop whining by my fellow hibs but a few recent class changes come to mind on hib.

Where is the love?

What changes targeted hib?

They're still and probably always will be the realm of choice for basically any 8mans, can't be that bad.

Also, this doesn't really read like a serious post. Maybe better in tavern or something if you're not going to be more specific.
Mon 29 Jul 2019 11:27 PM by ExcretusMaximus
I prefer them, but my guild flat out refuses to play there.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 12:04 AM by Anelyn77
It's not a matter of liking or not liking it (with few select exceptions), it's just not that friendly to new comers with all the inflated economy, running pug's if you don't know peeps it's hard as well (well kinda like albion I guess here?).

I had and will still have a blast playing hib, be it in pilz / fernando BGs, or with EK 8m, but don't think everyone is in same position as I am (to be part of an amazing guild with a great alliance), so peeps that find it boring or nothing to do might look at mid / alb for options perhaps?

/Aicha's Family.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 12:35 AM by bm01
Anelyn77 wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 12:04 AM
It's not a matter of liking or not liking it (with few select exceptions), it's just not that friendly to new comers with all the inflated economy, running pug's if you don't know peeps it's hard as well (well kinda like albion I guess here?).
Pretty sure it's much more difficult on Alb. They always had the image of not being able to have all the tools they need in a group.
If we talk small groups, Hib is actually quite easy, many combinations work. Unfortunately there is not enough bards, not enough tanks, not enough wardens.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 1:40 AM by relvinian
The post was placed in the ask the team forum.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 4:14 AM by REVOLTE
im wondering what kinda answer you are expecting here.

"ye, hib sux, so we nerf it to the ground to diminish pop for fun. now leave us alone, lil TWFbot." ?
Tue 30 Jul 2019 6:16 AM by kiectred
relvinian wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 1:40 AM
The post was placed in the ask the team forum.

We can all see that.

So you won't clarify anything, you're just whining? How exactly are population numbers indicative of anything? That could mean anything.

It may be "ask the team" but if I were them I'd ignore you as you have 0 substance.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 6:35 AM by gotwqqd
So you don’t expect to get a real answer do you?

Even if they did they would never openly admit it.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 7:27 AM by Druth
15 out of 20 in top rp total are hibs, yeah the devs def. hate hibs.

Numbers are not truth, but they are a light in the dark that can help you find the truth.
Which might be closer to Hib being the 8man paradise, but a casuals nightmare.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 7:31 AM by keen
relvinian wrote:
356 albs

359 mids

223 hibs

Where is the love?
Man you can't think 1m ahead its amazing. The twf nerf was a nerf for your personal class, so you are mad. What you lack to see is that this was a buff to Hibernia no question since there were many more reaver and BDS around so in twf wars Hibernia was losing by far. Hope you can follow that line of thought.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 7:39 AM by Druth
keen wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 7:31 AM
relvinian wrote:
356 albs

359 mids

223 hibs

Where is the love?
Man you can't think 1m ahead its amazing. The twf nerf was a nerf for your personal class, so you are mad. What you lack to see is that this was a buff to Hibernia no question since there were many more reaver and BDS around so in twf wars Hibernia was losing by far. Hope you can follow that line of thought.

And a buff to casters (not being interrupted as much), and a buff to animists (shrooms don't die as much).
Midgard suffered the most, since their tanks cared little about being interrupted (lol), and have much higher hitpoint pool than casters, and the BD's.

I really fail completely to see how this was a buff, in any way, to tanks.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 7:48 AM by Uthred
Even most of you dont think so and will propably disagree, but the staff loves you all. No matter if you are a stinky troll or if you like to wear shiny blink-blink plate armor or if you love to hug trees. We love you all. Never forget that. Please. Big love from Uthred and the whole Phoenix team.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 8:16 AM by gruenesschaf
Uthred wrote: Even most of you dont think so and will propably disagree, but the staff loves you all. No matter if you are a stinky troll or if you like to wear shiny blink-blink plate armor or if you love to hug trees. We love you all. Never forget that. Please. Big love from Uthred and the whole Phoenix team.

Someone took the wrong pills this morning
Tue 30 Jul 2019 9:34 AM by Turano
gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 8:16 AM
Uthred wrote: Even most of you dont think so and will propably disagree, but the staff loves you all. No matter if you are a stinky troll or if you like to wear shiny blink-blink plate armor or if you love to hug trees. We love you all. Never forget that. Please. Big love from Uthred and the whole Phoenix team.

Yeah great he stole my happy pills! Now I have to be depressed all day.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 10:16 AM by relvinian
I don't dislike the devs. I give them a lot of props.

I'm a snarky salty mean old dude.

However, last night I was looking at those numbers, thinking about how animist can't use shrooms without dying because they have to run out and stand next to their shrooms, I was thinking about how many different tools that reavers and bds have to be effective (without TWF), and i got snare petted by a bd, and instant lifetapped to death.

And as that all occurred, and in the context of the hib population, i was thinking to myself-- well at least that bd who snare petted me down, and instant life tapped me down, has some cool new toys to use on his pets.

Follow me? Do you dig?

And the real question is, and in this forum, where is the hib love because hibs need some love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrIiLvg58SY
Tue 30 Jul 2019 10:31 AM by kiectred
Uthred wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 7:48 AM
Even most of you dont think so and will propably disagree, but the staff loves you all. No matter if you are a stinky troll or if you like to wear shiny blink-blink plate armor or if you love to hug trees. We love you all. Never forget that. Please. Big love from Uthred and the whole Phoenix team.

If I recall correctly from seeing you at the ToA event, you're a stinky troll
Tue 30 Jul 2019 11:29 AM by Bradekes
The reason is lack of custom changes to hib.. Other realms say hib is strong enough and I don't disagree.. But it is just a small % of hib abilities that are strong not balanced acrossed the board like they've attempted with the classes on the other realms.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 11:34 AM by elninost0rm
Weird amount of 8-man love towards Hib in this thread. Apparently everyone forgot about Alb hybrid. Easily the most forgiving setup on this patch level if the casters are worth a damn.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 12:18 PM by Hejjin
Druth wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 7:27 AM

Numbers are not truth, but they are a light in the dark that can help you find the truth.
Whilst that is accurate for the all time RP table, it is not as accurate for either last week or this week. The animist nerf did have an almost immediate impact on Hib numbers in RvR. Whilst I have zero love for the class, the limit of 300 units should only have applied to the height difference between the Animist and the Ground-Target.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 12:24 PM by Druth
Hejjin wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 12:18 PM
Druth wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 7:27 AM

Whilst that is accurate for the all time RP table, it is not as accurate for either last week or this week. The animist nerf did have an almost immediate impact on Hib numbers in RvR. Whilst I have zero love for the class, the limit of 300 units should only have applied to the height difference between the Animist and the Ground-Target.

Agree and agree.
Numbers can't show truth, only guide you towards it.
But even looking at this week, it has 1/3rd hibs, so again, they can't be that bad.
It's the go to realm for 8mans, but from my time there in Beta, it's a rough rough place for pugs.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 12:36 PM by Hejjin
Druth wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 12:24 PM
Agree and agree.
But even looking at this week, it has 1/3rd hibs, so again, they can't be that bad.
It's the go to realm for 8mans, but from my time there in Beta, it's a rough rough place for pugs.
I am not claiming they are bad ;-), just that the Animist nerf had an impact on the number of HIbs in RvR.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 12:47 PM by Druth
Hejjin wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 12:36 PM
Druth wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 12:24 PM
Agree and agree.
I am not claiming they are bad ;-), just that the Animist nerf had an impact on the number of HIbs in RvR.

Again, I agree
Pilzpower was a refuge for more casual hibs to get rps, and a large part of the success (despite sometimes being outnumbered) were animists.

Never understand why people complained about Pilzpower, it's like people think without keep BG's, people would magically suddenly create 8man pugs and roam.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 1:05 PM by Hejjin
Druth wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 12:47 PM
Again, I agree
Pilzpower was a refuge for more casual hibs to get rps, and a large part of the success (despite sometimes being outnumbered) were animists.

Never understand why people complained about Pilzpower, it's like people think without keep BG's, people would magically suddenly create 8man pugs and roam.
I admit to being guilty of complaining about Pilz and his zergs, usually because I was one of a (relatively) small number of people that regularly turned up at keep defences in OF when the Hib zerg was most active, but most of my complaints were a combination of how indefensible the OF keeps were and the locations that the damn shrooms were placed rather than with the BG's themselves.

I don't believe that the Dev's either favour or dislike one realm more than another, but I do believe they failed to take in to consideration the possible causal effect of the animist change. Hopefully the devs will review the Animist change and the impact it had on the realm and adjust the change to only apply to height differential, I am honestly not sure what else can or should be done to help the realm.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 1:24 PM by Druth
Hejjin wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 1:05 PM
Druth wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 12:47 PM
Again, I agree

I admit to being guilty of complaining about Pilz and his zergs, usually because I was one of a (relatively) small number of people that regularly turned up at keep defences in OF when the Hib zerg was most active, but most of my complaints were a combination of how indefensible the OF keeps were and the locations that the damn shrooms were placed rather than with the BG's themselves.

I don't believe that the Dev's either favour or dislike one realm more than another, but I do believe they failed to take in to consideration the possible causal effect of the animist change. Hopefully the devs will review the Animist change and the impact it had on the realm and adjust the change to only apply to height differential, I am honestly not sure what else can or should be done to help the realm.

With the risk of people thinking this is a bromantic fling, agree again.

It doesn't excuse the harsh nerf. But in my mind it likely didn't help that Hibs argued that it was totally okay to drop shrooms on ramparts/oil/inner keep, and working as intended. I think their energy would have been much better spend agreeing it was bad, and focused on how to solve it.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 1:39 PM by thirian24
I'm not being a dick when I ask this, because I just simply can't remember, but what classes have received a buff/any buff on Hib? Besides spec AF. Has any hib classes received a buff?

I know the other realms have had a handful of buffs to some of their classes.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 1:51 PM by Horus
Uthred wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 7:48 AM

No means no!

That being said....
There are 2 diff (main) rvr games going on right now.
8 v 8 and Realm v Realm (bg vs bg, keep takes defense etc)

Rarely do they intersect unless it is an 8 man trying to milk some cheap RP off BG stragglers.

BG vs BG is where more participate. If your BG is significantly smaller there is not much you can do other than hole up in a keep and hope to get attacked...and hope the BG size discrepancy is not too large to have a fighting chance at defense. There were always quite a few animists in the hib BGs. Now I rarely see shrooms. A substantial part of hib keep warfare is gone.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 2:50 PM by relvinian
I deleted my warden. Rolling a chanter.

He was 7L4 and the most solo kills in the class.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 3:03 PM by thirian24
Why keep deleting? Why not just leave the toon?
Tue 30 Jul 2019 3:12 PM by Sleepwell
Don't understand that myself. I mean, there are multiple pages of toons you can make per realm.

I guess i can "kinda" understand why he deleted his necro (to immediately play hib when he made that decision), but why delete such a toon? Maybe he had 64 hib toons already and needed the space?
Tue 30 Jul 2019 3:18 PM by BaldEagle
I'd switch to Hib, but I don't want to start over.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 4:15 PM by Hejjin
relvinian wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 2:50 PM

Poor Enchanters, what have they done to deserve the incoming nerf ;-?

That is a bit of an extreme way to preserve your favoured character name.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 4:17 PM by kiectred
relvinian wrote:

You secretly like PvE. Admit it
Tue 30 Jul 2019 4:18 PM by florin
Relvinian - please roll a ranger, spirit master or bone dancer. (although your work with wardens has had some good effects there)

Also mentalist and elds - I hear are so hot right now.

Tue 30 Jul 2019 8:01 PM by chryso
Is there such a thing as a forum ban?
Tue 30 Jul 2019 8:40 PM by relvinian
Sort of like the oath doctors take-- first do no harm.

Any sort of fix should address problems without nerfing classes.

The "solutions" that nerf classes are not solutions.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 8:44 PM by relvinian
kiectred wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 4:17 PM
relvinian wrote:

Rather than being upset at the class i no longer want to play i just went ahead and made one i want to play.

Surely they won't nerf chanters.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 9:02 PM by Saroi
relvinian wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 8:44 PM

Devs be like: Hold my beer
Tue 30 Jul 2019 9:08 PM by gruenesschaf
relvinian wrote: Rather than being upset at the class i no longer want to play i just went ahead and made one i want to play.

Why do you have to put us in so difficult situations, we don't want to nerf enchanter but you are kind of forcing our hand here, welp, I guess enchanter didn't need the pet anyways.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 9:39 PM by Stoertebecker
gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 8:16 AM

Or no pills at all
Tue 30 Jul 2019 10:44 PM by Patron
thirian24 wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 1:39 PM
I'm not being a dick when I ask this, because I just simply can't remember, but what classes have received a buff/any buff on Hib? Besides spec AF. Has any hib classes received a buff?

I know the other realms have had a handful of buffs to some of their classes.

I just want to pull a interessting post here in the light.
Which hibclasses get a buff?
Maybe staff can take a look on this case and tjink about to give hibclasses some love.
Warden healstyles for example or vw 2 stylesidecombo.
Which classes you could imagine to get buffs in hib, since the aninerf drop some players?

Peace

Edit: or celt nightshades
Tue 30 Jul 2019 10:50 PM by relvinian
gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 9:08 PM
relvinian wrote: Rather than being upset at the class i no longer want to play i just went ahead and made one i want to play.

Why do you have to put us in so difficult situations, we don't want to nerf enchanter but you are kind of forcing our hand here, welp, I guess enchanter didn't need the pet anyways.

Khannnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54
Tue 30 Jul 2019 10:53 PM by kiectred
relvinian wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 8:44 PM
kiectred wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 4:17 PM
relvinian wrote:

Rather than being upset at the class i no longer want to play i just went ahead and made one i want to play.

Just messin. Always liked you man, but this thread isn't a goldmine of rational thought (from anyone).
Good luck with your chanter. Make a luri so we can punt him
Tue 30 Jul 2019 11:00 PM by florin
gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 9:08 PM

It would be funny if one day only his pet went away
Wed 31 Jul 2019 1:24 AM by gotwqqd
Sleepwell wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 3:12 PM
Don't understand that myself. I mean, there are multiple pages of toons you can make per realm.

I guess i can "kinda" understand why he deleted his necro (to immediately play hib when he made that decision), but why delete such a toon? Maybe he had 64 hib toons already and needed the space?

Pages? How get extra?
Wed 31 Jul 2019 2:02 AM by florin
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 31 Jul 2019 1:24 AM
Sleepwell wrote:

Pages? How get extra?

theres a drop down on the login prompt
Wed 31 Jul 2019 4:55 AM by Sleepwell
gotwqqd wrote:
Sleepwell wrote:

Pages? How get extra?

80 potential characters per realm

[attachment=0]80.PNG[/attachment]
Wed 31 Jul 2019 5:57 AM by REVOLTE
kiectred wrote:
Tue 30 Jul 2019 10:53 PM
Make a luri so we can punt him

its an elf. saw him yday in the frontiers derping around solo.
Wed 31 Jul 2019 9:14 AM by kiectred
Sleepwell wrote:
Wed 31 Jul 2019 4:55 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Sleepwell wrote:

Pages? How get extra?

80 potential characters per realm

80.PNG

It's 100, FYI. Pretty sure it's 10 slots per page.
Thu 8 Aug 2019 6:02 AM by Moid
Yes, they do.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics