What Is The Purpose Of The RvR Feather Limit? Why Is It So Low?

Started 13 Jul 2019
by ExcretusMaximus
in Ask the Team
I can go to Darkspire 20 times in a day and get 100k+ feathers.

I can go on TG/TH/Raum/Malmo raids and get 50k.

I can RvR for 10 hours and get capped at 2k.

Why? What's the reason? It's an RvR game and the limit is placed on RvR...
Sat 13 Jul 2019 11:25 PM by elninost0rm
Yeah I don't really understand why feathers aren't encouraged to accrue more in RvR, the bread and butter of this MMO.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 11:56 PM by cere2
elninost0rm wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019 11:25 PM
Yeah I don't really understand why feathers aren't encouraged to accrue more in RvR, the bread and butter of this MMO.

AKA, if you can't group. Don't plan on getting templated here...
Mon 15 Jul 2019 6:33 AM by Estat
You go to raids because you want to get feathers. You go to RvR because you want to RvR, feathers are just a bonus .
Mon 15 Jul 2019 7:04 AM by Lasastard
Feathers were implemented as a way to make PvE content more accessible /templating less random. You would participate in a big raid and even if you didn't roll that one item you need, you still progress towards it. Feathers in RvR were given out so people had a way to make feathers for consumables without being forced into grinding dungeons all day (you may still have to do some pve, if you insist on having all the buffs and charges up all the time - which applies mostly to the small but vocal community of die-hard solo players ^^).

So really no point, from a gameplay perspective, to add more feathers to RvR. That's not what they were meant for.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 7:20 AM by Druth
Lasastard wrote:
Mon 15 Jul 2019 7:04 AM
Feathers were implemented as a way to make PvE content more accessible /templating less random. You would participate in a big raid and even if you didn't roll that one item you need, you still progress towards it. Feathers in RvR were given out so people had a way to make feathers for consumables without being forced into grinding dungeons all day (you may still have to do some pve, if you insist on having all the buffs and charges up all the time - which applies mostly to the small but vocal community of die-hard solo players ^^).

So really no point, from a gameplay perspective, to add more feathers to RvR. That's not what they were meant for.

Agree. You are meant to do PvE as well.
DaoC has a lovely blend where PvE helps you do RvR, which helps you do PvE.
Wed 17 Jul 2019 11:01 AM by Ianto
Agreed, the current system offers absolutely nothing to the less desirable (in group-play) classes, such as assassins or archers. Why are those players expected to make a 2nd character just to farm a currency that most of the other classes have absolutely no trouble with obtaining?

Nerfing pet classes in dungeons seemed to be a step in the right direction towards promoting more diverse groups in PvE. However, classes that are deemed solo only still have to work twice as hard just to play the role they want. Not everyone has a guild or friends who can carry them through content on a whim.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics