Switching realms

Started 8 Jul 2019
by Gunrueeasy
in Ask the Team
If I wanted to roll characters on a different realm, taking into account the cross realm timer, do I have to delete my old realms characters? A buddy just started up and wants to play a different realm and is like to play with my friend but avoid deleting my old toons since I could enjoy them on the off days. Also, what is the process for switching to a different realm? Thanks in advance
Mon 8 Jul 2019 4:12 PM by Ardri
Gunrueeasy wrote:
Mon 8 Jul 2019 4:05 PM
If I wanted to roll characters on a different realm, taking into account the cross realm timer, do I have to delete my old realms characters? A buddy just started up and wants to play a different realm and is like to play with my friend but avoid deleting my old toons since I could enjoy them on the off days. Also, what is the process for switching to a different realm? Thanks in advance

You don't have to delete anything. Also, don't create more than one account otherwise you will get banned.

If you haven't logged in for 12hrs, it will prompt you to pick a realm. Then you can play any realm. If you have played a realm within the past 12hr, it will automatically show you said realms character selection screen, but don't pick a character just log out and continue waiting. It doesn't reset the 12hr timer.
Mon 8 Jul 2019 4:15 PM by romulus
You don't have to delete all your characters in one realm to play in another. You just have to log out, wait 12+ hours, and then log back in. You will have a realm select screen and you can choose a new (or the same) realm to play. If you do delete all the characters in your selected realm, you switch realms without having to wait for the 12 hour timer. Simply delete your characters and relog for the realm select screen.
Mon 8 Jul 2019 4:26 PM by Gunrueeasy
Thank you both for the quick reply. They answered all my questions
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics