Re: Enemy pets used as tactics to penetrate keep defenses

Shadanwolf wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:33 am
I thought I would do the devs a favor and express how I am having less fun than expected.Perhaps ( I thought) the post would inspire an action to improve this and other players experience . The easy thing to do is stop playing this game and keep my mouth shut. All I have to do is nothing.

BTW the act of attributing motivation to someones comments, defines those who would do so.
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewto ... 597#p89256

Shadanwolf wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:33 am
I thought I would do the devs a favor and express how I am having less fun than expected.Perhaps ( I thought) the post would inspire an action to improve this and other players experience . The easy thing to do is stop playing this game and keep my mouth shut. All I have to do is nothing.

BTW the act of attributing motivation to someones comments, defines those who would do so.
There are multiple posts already on this exact topic and they have all be discussed at length. Devs have even commented on a course of action and explained that it is not a small fix.

Shadanwolf wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:08 pm
Happened again to me today. 8 minutes into keep defense a necro pet killed me I'm trying to remember why I spent weeks leveling a character to 50...for 8 minutes of game play.
Do you play some kind of hardcore mod that deletes your character when it dies?

If yes, that's dumb.

If no, then that is a very unreasonable comparison, and not what you claim to do here:
Shadanwolf wrote: I thought I would do the devs a favor and express how I am having less fun than expected.Perhaps ( I thought) the post would inspire an action to improve this and other players experience . The easy thing to do is stop playing this game and keep my mouth shut. All I have to do is nothing.

Pets are the bane of this game, necros, bds, minstrels with their bs op pets, spiritmasters, cabbies etc.
I remember being pissed off about the same thing back on Genesis, it's just really bad mechanics that nobody is willing to fix unfortunately.

Imo a nice temporary fix would just be to have all the archers in a keep including the lord to prioritize shooting pets if they enter the walls and maybe even up their damage against them so they pretty much get instantly owned if the doors of the keep aren't down yet. I am talking about the lord being able to 1 shot these pets even possibly.

Another thing they could do is make it so that the pets don't receive any kind of heals without line of sight.

Maybe even make it so a pet returns to the owner if the owner cannot see their enemy while in a keep area.

carlwinslow wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:54 am
Imo a nice temporary fix would just be to have all the archers in a keep including the lord to prioritize shooting pets if they enter the walls and maybe even up their damage against them so they pretty much get instantly owned if the doors of the keep aren't down yet. I am talking about the lord being able to 1 shot these pets even possibly.
Thats even an idea i would agree with. As of course nothing is supposed to enter the keep and it just would be natural if guards prioritize their targeting towards those that enter it, and especially while keepdoors are still closed.
Ofc one would have to adjust that to maybe only count for pets/monsters, as else anybody who climbs the ladder also would be priority target, might be fun as defender, but would make those classes rather useless. ^^

No idea if that's possible to be honest, but i guess that should be way easier to do than an actual changing of pathing to pets.

The LoS-thing i don't like too much, as it would conflict with PvE pet-usage in dungeons/between obstacles and such things a lot too, too many issues involved with that imho.