Few questions from a returning player

Started 8 Oct 2019
by colechar
in Ask the Team
All,
I played a bunch during beta and have just recently returned. I was hoping people could help me answer a few questions that I was unable to find answers to .... and perhaps lend some advice.

I’m looking for confirmation that we can only turn in 10 XP items per level. In beta, I remember I could turn in 10 XP items of type A to get me half a level of experience ( in the 40s), then immediately turn in 10 XP items of type B to get me to the next level. Now it seems once you turn in any 10 XP items, that’s it until you hit the next level.

Are there any suggestions for a bard spec that will allow me to solo yellow mobs for levels 30+? I’d love to get /task credit for mob kills but soloing blues doesn’t count. This is kind of related to my first question. My intention was to roll a void eldritch to kill mobs and gather XP items that I could then feed to my bard when I couldn’t find a group. But now that I’m limited to 10 XP items per level, I’m finding that I need to get 20 to 30% of my experience through other means. Soloing blues without the task bonuses is well, awful.

Once my eldritch hits 50, I would like to make him a PvE friendly spec. My assumption is that would be mana specced and join PBAE groups but I’m seeing requests for void elds for DS runs. Could someone enlighten me why void elds are preferred for DS runs? I’ve never been in the DS instance so I have no clue what the details are.

Thank you very much.
Tue 8 Oct 2019 6:22 PM by Nunki
colechar wrote:
Tue 8 Oct 2019 5:06 PM
I’m looking for confirmation that we can only turn in 10 XP items per level. In beta, I remember I could turn in 10 XP items of type A to get me half a level of experience ( in the 40s), then immediately turn in 10 XP items of type B to get me to the next level. Now it seems once you turn in any 10 XP items, that’s it until you hit the next level.
Correct. 10 xp items per level. 10 items of the same type per character.
10 xp items give between 8b (low lvl) to nearly 4b (lvl 49).
At lvl 35+ you can gather min. 0,7b per rvr task only by dying in RvR (every 45 minutes).
Together with phoenix eggs from solo lvling and xp tasks, leveling up only by these means is usually no problem.
Most important, there are species xp boni of up to 400% xp depending on type.

Regarding your idea to level solo, find a good bomb group and you won't even leave to turn in your xp items.

I guess void Eld shines with its energy debuff for other bombs (or himself depending on spec).
Wed 9 Oct 2019 11:21 AM by Keelia
Nunki wrote:
Tue 8 Oct 2019 6:22 PM
colechar wrote:
Tue 8 Oct 2019 5:06 PM
Correct. 10 xp items per level. 10 items of the same type per character.
10 xp items give between 8b (low lvl) to nearly 4b (lvl 49).
At lvl 35+ you can gather min. 0,7b per rvr task only by daying in RvR (every 45 minutes).
Together with phoenix eggs from solo lvling and xp tasks, leveling up only but these means is usually problem.
Most important, there are species xp boni of up to 400% xp depending on type.

Regarding your idea to level solo, find a good bomb group and you won't even leave to turn in your xp items.

I guess void Eld shines with its energy debuff for other bombs (or himself depending on spec).

Go die on the attack keeps, even more from RvR.
Wed 9 Oct 2019 3:43 PM by Chaskha
Void Eld debuffs body and 4 animists damage with body.
Bard should find groups without much trouble but yes, you're right, it's 10 xp items / level and then you need another mean of xp.

You should not be afraid to /who animist 48 50 and send them to join while they farm. Offer to restitute all drops not for bard. I bet most will say they don't mind and group you just to help (I'm an idiot, I got faith in humanity).

Welcome back and good luck
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics