Mushroom LOS is definitely not fixed

Started 24 Jun 2019
by Delegator
in Support Center
I know that the patch notes said that they were fixed, but there are still so many issues:

- mushrooms placed on walls there there is no ledge
- mushrooms nuking through keep walls
- no way to "target last attacker" on a mushroom that is nuking you

I would love to know what exactly was supposedly fixed in the recent update.
Mon 24 Jun 2019 6:03 PM by easytoremember
Mind quoting the change so that I can get an idea of what you're talking about

If the shroom sees you and begins casting you're going to be nuked
Mon 24 Jun 2019 6:21 PM by Gweinyth
Delegator wrote:
Mon 24 Jun 2019 5:48 PM
- no way to "target last attacker" on a mushroom that is nuking you

This also applies to Necros. Can't target the pet just the necro with tab which is an invalid target to attack.
Tue 25 Jun 2019 12:38 PM by Delegator
easytoremember wrote:
Mon 24 Jun 2019 6:03 PM
Mind quoting the change so that I can get an idea of what you're talking about

If the shroom sees you and begins casting you're going to be nuked

From June 21 patch notes:

- pet pbaoe is now also subject to the los check and hence neither necromancer nor animist pet pbaoe go through walls / doors anymore

My experience from keep defense and attack is that this is not true. It works around the bridges in BGs to some degree, and in DF it seems like turning a corner will break LOS, but there are plenty of instances of being shroomed in and around keeps where it still doesn't seem to be fixed, as I said.
Tue 25 Jun 2019 1:12 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Delegator wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 12:38 PM
- pet pbaoe is now also subject to the los check and hence neither necromancer nor animist pet pbaoe go through walls / doors anymore

The only Animist shroom that PBAEs is the controlled one, you're getting hit by tanglers or hearts, which are fire and forget independently targeting shrooms.
Tue 25 Jun 2019 1:32 PM by Nunki
Only LOS of pbae's got fixed.

ANY casting pet/mob (not only shrooms) needs a LOS Check at the beginning and end of the cast.

The current situation is absolutely broken, especially with the current focus on keep fights.

Why is it possible to get nukes from 25+ shrooms after PASSING a window for 1 second?

Yesterday while laying in the dust I observed a well known animist.
While on the inner gate, he placed shrooms directly in front of Gate2 (nearly inside the Gate). So far so good.
As soon as Gate2 went down, the shrooms started nuking the Lord (through 3 floors) and he decided to not even run upstairs with the zerg, instead he kept on placing shrooms at the same position as before.

No real advantage here and really no need to discuss about such a "bug abuse", but it shows how broken casting pets (especially shrooms due to the huge amount) are.
Wed 26 Jun 2019 6:21 PM by Delegator
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 1:12 PM
Delegator wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 12:38 PM

The only Animist shroom that PBAEs is the controlled one, you're getting hit by tanglers or hearts, which are fire and forget independently targeting shrooms.

Thanks for the clarification. Then I guess the problem is that tanglers and hearts need LOS fixed still. It's bad enough that Cabby, Theurg, Enchanter, BD and Hunter pets can go through doors to attack -- but at least they can be killed when they do that. Tanglers and Forest Hearts nuking with impunity with no way to target them is absurd.
Wed 26 Jun 2019 10:03 PM by florin
From a necro standpoint my pbaoe dot is useless at doors. A classic defense mechanism butchered here.
On the flip side, should I approach said door. I get blasted by shrooms on the other side without stepping foot outside - if shrooms are at the door step.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:10 AM by Druth
florin wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 10:03 PM
From a necro standpoint my pbaoe dot is useless at doors. A classic defense mechanism butchered here.
On the flip side, should I approach said door. I get blasted by shrooms on the other side without stepping foot outside - if shrooms are at the door step.

Perfect irony, the two most bugged classes clash in a "Who's the most bugged!" duel.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 10:03 AM by florin
Druth wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:10 AM
florin wrote:

Perfect irony, the two most bugged classes clash in a "Who's the most bugged!" duel.

What are some necro bugs? Not being able to keep a pet on boat? What makes it of the two most?
Thu 27 Jun 2019 10:17 AM by Druth
florin wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 10:03 AM
Druth wrote:
florin wrote:

What are some necro bugs? Not being able to keep a pet on boat? What makes it of the two most?

Just in the OF week after NF, there were 2 times a necro had parked his pet inside the MG wall and could still hit people.
Necro range also seemed to ignore vertical range, and so pet could go up to Lord room, without tether being an issue.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 10:39 AM by florin
Druth wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 10:17 AM
florin wrote:
Druth wrote:

Just in the OF week after NF, there were 2 times a necro had parked his pet inside the MG wall and could still hit people.
Necro range also seemed to ignore vertical range, and so pet could go up to Lord room, without tether being an issue.

Ya I can see that - pets are mobs and are able to do funny things in structures - for being able to still hit LoS check must be broken again. I’d open a ticket, they are quick on necros. Seems they have more necro familiar devs than those that can fix animists.

But I can tell you my pbaoe dot at least isn’t going through a wet paper bag

The tether range is far enough that in small OF keeps getting to the lord is something I would not consider a bug.

Anything else?
Thu 27 Jun 2019 10:55 AM by Druth
florin wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 10:39 AM
Druth wrote:
florin wrote:

Ya I can see that - pets are mobs and are able to do funny things in structures - for being able to still hit LoS check must be broken again. I’d open a ticket, they are quick on necros. Seems they have more necro familiar devs than those that can fix animists.

The tether range is far enough that in small OF keeps getting to the lord is something I would not consider a bug.

Anything else?

<shrug> didn't know we were having a contest...

Anyway... I've not been hit through any gate, by animist shrooms. Only thing I've seen lately is that they can place the Forest Hearts on ramparts, without gate being down.

Think the devs would have had 50% less bug reports without those two classes.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 10:58 AM by florin
Druth wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 10:55 AM
florin wrote:
Druth wrote:

Anything else?

Anyway... I've not been hit through any gate, by animist shrooms. Only thing I've seen lately is that they can place the Forest Hearts on ramparts, without gate being down.

You made an exceptional claim and I was hoping you had more.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 10:59 AM by Druth
florin wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 10:58 AM
Druth wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 10:55 AM
florin wrote:

Anything else?

You made an exceptional claim and I was hoping you had more.

I made two examples, you made one, so your point is...?
Thu 27 Jun 2019 11:01 AM by Druth
And try to name me one single other class in the game that has beaten, or even come close, to the bug reports about/from necro/animists.

They came into DaoC world bugged, and after 7 years they were still fixing them.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 11:16 AM by florin
Druth wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 11:01 AM
And try to name me one single other class in the game that has beaten, or even come close, to the bug reports about/from necro/animists.

They came into DaoC world bugged, and after 7 years they were still fixing them.

All stealthers are still buggy - like class breaking buggy, whether with envenom, or vanish or general stealth - pa damage,

Bone dancer pets - buggy

Now these are now currently still bugged here - but ya if you’re counting from SI expansion - those two are high on the list
Thu 27 Jun 2019 1:46 PM by Gweinyth
Nunki wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 1:32 PM

ANY casting pet/mob (not only shrooms) needs a LOS Check at the beginning and end of the cast.

The current situation is absolutely broken, especially with the current focus on keep fights.

Why is it possible to get nukes from 25+ shrooms after PASSING a window for 1 second?

While on the inner gate, he placed shrooms directly in front of Gate2 (nearly inside the Gate). So far so good.
As soon as Gate2 went down, the shrooms started nuking the Lord (through 3 floors) and he decided to not even run upstairs with the zerg, instead he kept on placing shrooms at the same position as before.

No real advantage here and really no need to discuss about such a "bug abuse", but it shows how broken casting pets (especially shrooms due to the huge amount) are.

Slight exaggeration going on here. There is a limit of 15 shrooms to an area. Passing "a" window would not have 25+ shrooms hitting you. Use real facts if you want people to pay attention.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 5:10 PM by Nunki
Gweinyth wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 1:46 PM
Nunki wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 1:32 PM

Slight exaggeration going on here. There is a limit of 15 shrooms to an area. Passing "a" window would not have 25+ shrooms hitting you. Use real facts if you want people to pay attention.
Sorry for that one. It is difficult to count the actual amount of shrooms after getting a wall of damage messages.
I lost about 2000 hp, unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 11:08 PM by ulf
nerf mushroom please
Sat 6 Jul 2019 3:53 PM by Chaskha
Shrooms have a 1000 distance to damage - any spell will go well over this.
I have killed people with a well hidden but targetable forest, I don't say animist must be loved but I get doomed by almost anyone who pay a little attention and use distance or have a little patience that my mana is too low to renew the forest.

We used to have 32 shrooms per area, if you love that class, it was so much more fun even in PvE.

Shrooms don't need to have complex LOS, it attacks with spores on ennemies, end of the story. It's a magic world and animists were already nerfed.

Do not allow and ban people hidding inside structures and making the shrooms not targettable, that is normal but stop nerfing a class that got half its fun focked over already
Thu 11 Jul 2019 7:53 PM by Hawkaye
Once a FnF shroom has you targeted it will just keep nuking you no mater LoS . In Nott ran past a murder hole and got targeted by shrooms on ground outside keep, ran oor and down into cy, approached the wall in cy where there is no posable LoS outside of keep, shrooms start blasting me again soon as I am in range. On another keep wall with shamy. I AoE dot hibs dot gets on shroom below me that have no LoS at all to my position yet they imeadeatly start blasting me. So basically agro a shroom and it will target and nuke you no matter los, and as long as you are still its main target it will continue nuking you no mater los.

Please tell me how LoS issues for shrooms are in anyway fixed ?
Fri 12 Jul 2019 12:31 AM by Leandrys
Hawkaye wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 7:53 PM
On another keep wall with shamy. I AoE dot hibs dot gets on shroom below me that have no LoS at all to my position yet they imeadeatly start blasting me. So basically agro a shroom and it will target and nuke you no matter los, and as long as you are still its main target it will continue nuking you no mater los.

You simply do not understand anything to what's going on in game, that's all.
Sat 20 Jul 2019 8:42 PM by Hawkaye
Leandrys wrote:
Fri 12 Jul 2019 12:31 AM
Hawkaye wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 7:53 PM
On another keep wall with shamy. I AoE dot hibs dot gets on shroom below me that have no LoS at all to my position yet they imeadeatly start blasting me. So basically agro a shroom and it will target and nuke you no matter los, and as long as you are still its main target it will continue nuking you no mater los.

You simply do not understand anything to what's going on in game, that's all.

Let me explain this as apparently you are the one that has no clue.
target Hib A , you have a clear los to Hib A. Cast aoe dot that has a 350 radius extending it to Shroom B that is not in LoS to dot caster. Shroom B imeadeatly targets aoe dot caster and starts blasting him thru the wall with out EVER having any LoS .
Sun 21 Jul 2019 1:19 AM by Leandrys
Yeah, yeah, ikr. Nice feedback.
Wed 24 Jul 2019 12:02 AM by beethoven
this is the same mechanic for other casting pets.. cabbie pets and chanter pets cast through walls as well.

Mids use melee pets so do not benefit as much.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics