Weird movement issues

Started 17 May 2019
by vintersorg
in Support Center
I've been off Phoenix for a few weeks (blame the Imperator:Rome release for that) and since I've tried to log on again, I'm running into a very strange problem.

For movement, I've always used the "w" key in combination with the mouse (for looking around).
Since last week, when I press the w key, movement is a bit awkward: the character walks instead of running. or his legs move but he doesn't advance at all.
When the character is running he starts lagging like this for a few seconds at the most unexpected times.

I first suspected it was related to the DDOS issue, but the weird part is: this does not happen when I run with the mouse instead of the keyboard.
SO I get around it by running with the mouse instead of my "w" key, but after playing Daoc for the better part of 17 years in that fashion, it's awkward to change my ways now
DId any of you encounter this issue and did you find a solution for this?
Fri 17 May 2019 6:34 PM by rodsta69
Are you sure you haven't accidentally toggled walk on? Check your keyboard configuration to see what button you have mapped to Walk and either remap it or try using it to see if it toggles you back to running.
Fri 17 May 2019 10:13 PM by vintersorg
No it's not that. Iit starts all of a sudden and it tends to come and go away at random times. (but I feel it most when I start moving)
Sat 18 May 2019 5:52 PM by vintersorg
Well, it's solved, and it was not something just in Daoc. I wanted to play some FarCry 5 and had the same issue...

Turned out there was some kind of saved function on my keyboard.
After switching keyboards it works again. I looked up the possible functions for my keyboard and found the one that was annoying me
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics