Keyboard binding problem

Started 13 May 2019
by Anelyn77
in Support Center
Heya, since today I can't change any keybinds either via keyboard options in game or in character select menu. After I open either of those, whenever I click a key to rebind the game freezes (music continues playing), can't alt tab, can't close game, can't swap between 2 desktops, only solution is ctrl alt del and log out and back in.

I tried all the advices in the stickied, nothing worked, same lockups. I simply want to be able to bind Q to /face, can this be done by editing the keybind file, if yes anyone can help?

Much appreciated!
Mon 13 May 2019 1:14 PM by Anelyn77
Still not working, reinstalled daoc, let camelot.exe patch, re-copy files for phoenix, game runs perfectly fine, except I can't rebind any keys, as soon as I click on any bind, game freezes music continues to play.

I did add whole DaoC folder to AVG exceptions (again).
Mon 13 May 2019 1:51 PM by Aroin
Same exact issue here, I have to manually shut off my PC if I click anything in the keyboard menu. I'm going to try a different UI and see if that helps
Mon 13 May 2019 2:13 PM by Anelyn77
I am using the basic UI, no changes / modifications, Atlantis skins enabled etc (pretty much all of the game settings are default except volume for sounds / music, and video set to 1920x1200).
Tue 14 May 2019 1:14 AM by Anelyn77
Update, later from previous post, like 4-5 hours, I tried again to rebind and it worked flawlessly. Random right? Anyway I'm good now
Mon 20 May 2019 1:39 AM by Moid
I had the same problem. What I found is the game froze for some period of time after using /qbind and if I waited long enough it would resume responding. I had better luck using /qbing immediately after logging in.

In any case I used /qbind today and it worked immediately without any problems so hopefully they fixed it.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics