Regarding swoop players's reset rps due to "assumptions"

Started 19 Apr 2019
by btr66
in Support Center
Uthred with this attitude you're going to go full uthgard staff. You highly claim this server will listen to players thoughts and opinions yet you evade us when confronted because you yourself know deep down you have done a crappy thing and u dont have a solid proof for that reset. You wont listen to reason or anything. As i explained you in PM(which i highly doubt u read because u know i am true) i will say it here also. You made the most illogical call to reset rps to 0 on the other guildmates in swoop and i tell you why.
1. Guild has new members which have 99% of their RR from playing with another guilds or grps such as Unicorn, Faj, Logictree, Iroen, Automate,(other guild players with alts not in Swoop guild) etc.
2. Players that have invested time and joined since short period with no knowledge of players's reputation whatosever and u illogically decided based on a ASSUMPTION (assumption being defined as a thought on a fact with NO PROOF)
3. You claim this server to have a decent set of rules but have no logical punishment(in this case)
4. Reseting all chars on a account to 0 when some players including me, have other chars NOT in swoop guild, did rps on those chars never playing with swoop players.
Every rule that enforce criminal behaviour in all modern democratic states are built.upon a set of principles you should take in considerance and apply if you want a decent community lifestyle(do your homework and research on this). Acording to one on those principles which even US run on - every incriminated person will be considered innocent until proven otherwise with solid proof(NOT BASED ON ASSUMPTIONS) . What u did here to.the players that joined recently, that made RR from playing separate from guild grps, chars on the account that are in other guilds is just illogical and kindergarden stuff. Stop being illogical, do your homework and most of all be objective and do a proper research before you trash peoples time into playing on your server. After all you guys say this is different than uthgard and genesis. With this attitude of "nothing to discuss go away" you just turned yourself into Blue and your server will fail if not already is (-1.xk players since release cause u take decisions without calculating) every person that has an objective view on this matter will think somehow this way. Stop hiding and confront reasoning, otherwise you're just a 15yr old.with judge hammer in ur hand
To sustain my point of view that you are wrong to take this charge based on assumptions, i will extract some texts here that will clear your mind a bit since this server is based in EU and has international players, and these will apply to your server indirectly if you want a prosper community and a longer life on the server.

https://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/Convention_ENG.pdf (article 6) -
2. Everyone charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law - which means assumptions aren't enough, its pure hearsay, this applies to you also since THIS IS A FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHT WHICH YOU HAVE TO RESPECT IN REAL LIFE OR VIRTUALLY SINCE YOU HAVE A COMMUNITY OF HUMANS PLAYING ON THIS SERVER

Your rulebook say this
"4. You may not modify any part of the Dark Age of Camelot client. This includes but is not limited to:

Any hardware or third-party software, altering movement speed of your character, revealing positions of enemy players (as Radar), Jump-Hacks, Client mods that change weather pattern, fog, terrain, or object positions.

1st offense: permaban
"
In every democratic modern state we have Article 7 of the EU Rights Convention enforced in all states by ordinary laws which states that - 1. No one shall be held guilty of any criminal offence on account of any act or omission which did not constitute a criminal offence under national or international law at the time when it was committed. Nor shall a heavier penalty be imposed than the one that was applicable at the time the criminal offence was committed.

This means your reset to 0 shouldn't be proceeded with since there's no expres mention to this punishment for players situation in a guild that played with a banned player, unwritten rule, you cannot punish that way and also punish based on nothing but assumptions, therefore you just came up with this punishment lacking transparency decisioning to your comunity. Hence, this particular measure u just took reseting rps to 0 is nowhere to be a found as a repercusion to breaking a rule - you just assumed they indirectly broke an UNWRITTEN rule (YOU CANNOT KNOW EVERYONE YOU PLAY WITH)

If you keep highly claiming that your server is different of uthgard's and genesis - you should rewind and revise your rules, your decisions, and your transparency
Fri 19 Apr 2019 4:55 PM by BTFD
An assumption ban is pretty shitty dude
Fri 19 Apr 2019 5:04 PM by Niix
Unless you can prove it then it makes no sense to punish people not proven to be cheating.

I hope you guys rethink that decision and reverse it.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 5:11 PM by Iroen
Well said, but GMs like this with no answer given to nobody looks like a lot like Uthgard.

Not surprised if Phoenix will end up as all the other freeshard. Mass zerg of people keep taking until frontiers are dead and only pvers are left to hang around.

Gm claims to be friendly to the community? Yeah as long as you don't say anything against their ruling or you will get muted/kicked. Looks like Dictatorship server to me.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 5:46 PM by gruenesschaf
The tool in question is a paid for tool and we cannot allow even the appearance of having any monetary gain for services related to the project. Further, after adding the detection, the tool maker in question started advertising it by spamming tells and thereby disrupting other players. If neither had been the case we would just have rounded up everyone using it and banned only those in a wave at a later point.

Due to those circumstances an example had to be made. Of all guilds containing detected players Swoop had the highest ratio of radar users compared to their member count and was therefore picked as the example.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics