Controls reseting

Started 18 Apr 2019
by Imsofluffz
in Support Center
Hey everyone,

So i checked the forum a bit to see if anyone had the same problem, but the only one i saw got solved in a way that doesn't work for me.

Everytime i log a char, my controls reset, so all my qbinds and controls have to be done once again. Kinda annoying when you play a mins or a Cabby/necro. Actually annoying with everychar i guess.

I tried to change the controls while in character selection but it still resets. Any fix/idea ?

Thanks.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 7:14 PM by Lillebror
Imsofluffz wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:55 PM
Hey everyone,

So i checked the forum a bit to see if anyone had the same problem, but the only one i saw got solved in a way that doesn't work for me.

Everytime i log a char, my controls reset, so all my qbinds and controls have to be done once again. Kinda annoying when you play a mins or a Cabby/necro. Actually annoying with everychar i guess.

I tried to change the controls while in character selection but it still resets. Any fix/idea ?

Thanks.

I have only experienced qbars play tricks on me while leveling in mid. For you i would locate the char folder on computer and after your dine setting your char up, just take a back up on desktop. To replace IT when need be.

It will atleast help you until someone else give you a permanent solution.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 8:15 PM by Dominus
my tooltips always keep coming back after restarts etc... even though the option is set to "no tooltips". I always have to move the setting to 2.0 seconds and wait 10 seconds or so and then back to "no tooltips" for them to stop displaying. Happens across multiple toons and both my work and home computer
Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:59 PM by Imsofluffz
Lillebror wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 7:14 PM
I have only experienced qbars play tricks on me while leveling in mid. For you i would locate the char folder on computer and after your dine setting your char up, just take a back up on desktop. To replace IT when need be.

It will atleast help you until someone else give you a permanent solution.

What would be the name of the char folder tho ?
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:13 PM by Lillebror
Im not on PC atm, but i know its hidden.
I found and changed name on one of my chars when i got forced to change name. That way i didnt have to rebuild all my qbars and craft/bg macroes

I did a Google search and look here
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19654

3th post
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:34 PM by Imsofluffz
Lillebror wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:13 PM
Im not on PC atm, but i know its hidden.
I found and changed name on one of my chars when i got forced to change name. That way i didnt have to rebuild all my qbars and craft/bg macroes

I did a Google search and look here
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19654

3th post

Found it. thanks !
Mon 22 Apr 2019 9:42 PM by Imsofluffz
Up ! Having a copy didn't seem the change anything. It still resets. Also a permanent solution would be nice !
Mon 22 Apr 2019 11:36 PM by Imsofluffz
To all of those with the same issue. And to GMs who's the question will be asked to.

I've solved it ! I did a lot of things. Uninstalled the custom UI, changed it to another, deleted al lthe files in appData/roam so that they couldn't be saved, settign the controls right after it blablabla. Even uninstalled/reinstalled the game. Nothing seems to have worked.
Only thing that worked is that i changed the basic controls. I clicked on "Load FPS" (not the one i was using), started the game, then /q, went bac kto controls, they still were as FPS so i changed it and put mine. Then log in, then /q and it still was there. Even after closing Phoenix client/launcher and restarting it.

Hope it will help some. I feel kinda stupid that i've done so many things while the answer was as simple as that.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics