Archery Damage

Started 16 Apr 2019
by Jabberwockie
in Support Center
50 Ranger and I've tried every spec, full melee, half and half, other day I speced to all bow 50 +14, 46 PF, using a 16.5 5.5 speed 100% MP bow. Pots and PF have dex at 277. I see a yellow mid shoot (blunt arrow) crit and hit for 531, shoot again 461 and he's dead. Turns out he's green to me so it seems to me I should have hit him a lot harder with that crit. I played years ago before and after TOA and using the same type of bow I'd hit for 750 to 1000 damage. Casters didn't have a chance, shoot get rid of bubble, crit shot they were dead. Today it takes 3 shots or more and by that time it's over for me.
In melee it's an even worse joke, I shot an inf 3 times to get his health down to half and when I switched to melee (MP blades) he still kills me.
You have nerfed rangers to a point where they're not worth playing anymore. Can't see infs/ sbs coming until it's to late so you can't use your primary weapon first, can't hit ANYONE hard enough with a bow to kill them in 2-3 shots. What else you going to do?

Why not just remove them from the game all together.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 1:16 AM by Dominus
you miss boomslang dont ya?
Tue 16 Apr 2019 2:23 AM by Frieza
crazy idea, flip the stealth over. Make rangers have the best, assassins next in line.

Then if youre not popped by them all the time, you can literally stay in your pos and just snipe people. The low dmg still sucks, but at least then you have the element of surprise.

This is just a suggestion without full thought push through to know the server impact.

Also, you should have some good RA's that assassins dont have?
Tue 16 Apr 2019 6:24 AM by Sepplord
if your normal shot hit for 461 then something reduced your critshot...

and you take the time to post all your stats/bowspeed/quali etc...and then only deliver two dmg values...from a fight VS a green?

i appreciate that you went into detail about your stats, but even better would be more info about actual dmg done, not nitpicked scenarios where you twoshot a green, but feel like the HP% between the two shots should have been lower
Tue 16 Apr 2019 8:50 AM by gnefner
TsunamiSurprise wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 3:46 AM
Use your 9s stun...

read the 2nd word again, very carefully.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 10:41 AM by waffel
My ranger does great. Then again, I’m not dumb enough to go to task zones where every single assassin hangs out.

Just yesterday I watched an infil 1 shot a caster and fed him a preknocked crit, regular, and 2 rapid fires. 1500 health gone in seconds. Knew he would jump the caster and switched to blunt arrows. Infil stood no chance with his vanish down. 2EZ
Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:53 PM by TsunamiSurprise
gnefner wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 8:50 AM
TsunamiSurprise wrote:
Use your 9s stun...

?? What point are you trying to make? Show me a recording of how you RvR and think this damage is unfair.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 1:07 PM by Sepplord
TsunamiSurprise wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:53 PM
gnefner wrote:
TsunamiSurprise wrote:
Use your 9s stun...

?? What point are you trying to make? Show me a recording of how you RvR and think this damage is unfair.

his point is, that you told a RANGER to use his 9s stun...
was that really so hard to understand?

not sure where you are going now with recordings
Tue 16 Apr 2019 1:31 PM by Lillebror
waffel wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 10:41 AM
My ranger does great. Then again, I’m not dumb enough to go to task zones where every single assassin hangs out.

Just yesterday I watched an infil 1 shot a caster and fed him a preknocked crit, regular, and 2 rapid fires. 1500 health gone in seconds. Knew he would jump the caster and switched to blunt arrows. Infil stood no chance with his vanish down. 2EZ

Sounds fun, adding is all thats left.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 2:58 PM by Ardri
Lillebror wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 1:31 PM
waffel wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 10:41 AM

Sounds fun, adding is all thats left.

Get add rps or die tryn' muh dude.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 3:48 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Hmm, I've had bow spec rangers hit my Merc with thrust arrows in the 800dps range with crit shot. Rapid fire generally around 230. I don't think bow damage is really a problem, sounds like the biggest issue is archers inability to hide against assassins, especially if they're bow spec it's pretty easy fodder for assassins. Of course I haven't allowed an archer to shoot me to death either, I usually just run out of range and reset.

Although with all things considered; someone that invest 50 points into bow should be dishing out some lethal dps with crit shot and regular shot, so maybe a re-scaling of bow dps that takes into account spec level and not composite? (not sure if possible, but would allow bow spec archers a reason to invest higher levels into bow without giving the same advantage to hybrids that sit at the 35 mark).
Tue 16 Apr 2019 6:25 PM by gnefner
TsunamiSurprise wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:53 PM
gnefner wrote:
TsunamiSurprise wrote:
Use your 9s stun...

Not alot of Rangers, have a 9 sec stun.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 6:38 PM by phixion
I don't see the problem.

Melee Rangers ripped me all the way to RR7.

Bow Rangers hit me for 600+ on crits and 350+ on normal shots.

What is the problem?
Tue 16 Apr 2019 6:52 PM by cere2
phixion wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 6:38 PM
I don't see the problem.

Melee Rangers ripped me all the way to RR7.

Bow Rangers hit me for 600+ on crits and 350+ on normal shots.

What is the problem?

"Bow Rangers hit me for 600+ on crits and 350+ on normal shots."

#1 When exactly did this happen? Did they pop you out of stealth and then crit shot you, normal shot you while you were AFK?

#2 Were you running out of stealth from PK and this happened?

Because I know #1 didn't happen. Or maybe you were added on?

Assassin's actin like they take ANY bow damage in a 1v1 is hilarious.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 7:50 PM by Jabberwockie
Do the devs ever answer or even look at these? Or is this simply another area for players to say what they think?
And if I wanted to level a melee ranger I'd level a BM.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 8:14 PM by phixion
cere2 wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 6:52 PM

#1 When exactly did this happen? Did they pop you out of stealth and then crit shot you, normal shot you while you were AFK?

When I was in a fight, I often get shot by leeching/adding archers.

When I was slammed and purge was down.

Damage is fine, move on.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 8:44 PM by cere2
phixion wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 8:14 PM
cere2 wrote:

When I was in a fight, I often get shot by leeching/adding archers.

When I was slammed and purge was down.

Damage is fine, move on.

AKA, I like my free PA/BS vs archer classes. I like not having to fear any archer class. I should win every battle vs archer class. Move on....derka...
Tue 16 Apr 2019 8:48 PM by Lillebror
cere2 wrote:

This! its not bow dps thats the problem its Assassins haveing monopoly on seeing other stealthers from stealth.

Decrease there detection and its more fair
Tue 16 Apr 2019 8:51 PM by cere2
Lillebror wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 8:48 PM
cere2 wrote:

This! its not bow dps thats the problem its Assassins haveing monopoly on seeing other stealthers from stealth.

Or make archers and assassin's same detection.
Said this a thousand times, but apparently archer classes are
"working as intended"
Tue 16 Apr 2019 8:56 PM by Lillebror
cere2 wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 8:51 PM
Lillebror wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 8:48 PM
cere2 wrote:

Or make archers and assassin's same detection.
Said this a thousand times, but apparently archer classes are
"working as intended"
Yeah make them equal and then make them see minstrels tiny more
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:06 PM by phixion
Archers have the bonus of better armour and range, if you rolled one thinking you would be an assassin killer you're either kidding yourself or you don't know the game you're playing.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 12:52 AM by Jabberwockie
phixion wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:06 PM
Archers have the bonus of better armour and range, if you rolled one thinking you would be an assassin killer you're either kidding yourself or you don't know the game you're playing.

And neither works, or is even available with the way they've changed things on this server. Archers can't kill assassins, cant kill visibles quick enough before getting ganked so what are they supposed to do? I tied up a lot of time, gold effort getting things to add quick/dex, str/con and it doesn't work.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics