)%1 is not a valid Win32 application) Error when attempting to log in after server restart

Started 16 Feb 2019
by bliss003
in Support Center
I have been playing on same desktop since Phoenix launched. have no problems at all until the server restart (not sure of exact time, but early am U.S. Central on Feb 16... 2am maybe?).

Now when I attempt login, it checks files normally, the I get error:
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
%1 is not a valid Win32 application."

This is an older desktop, but it runs everything without lag, in all scenarios (even large raids and frontier action). The OS is Win XP Pro.

please provide any help you can. I very much appreciate it. I don't want to miss any more time with you guys!

Okt, Ober (Druid, Chanter).
Sat 16 Feb 2019 3:15 PM by Mrpoopster
I am receiving the same message as well.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 3:28 PM by bliss003
What platform are you running? Did the error occur after the server restart?
Sat 16 Feb 2019 4:40 PM by Bowedge
Same problem, I'm running on Windows XP too and it happened just after restart
Sat 16 Feb 2019 4:42 PM by Mrpoopster
Same windows xp. (woof) version 1.0.6.4

Online i am reading that the error code comes from spaces in the executable path not sure how it occurred i just signed off last night and boom.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 8:48 PM by cmartinez6
same here on windows xp too
Sun 17 Feb 2019 3:06 PM by Ashok
Windows XP is not supported for Phoenix; Windows 7 (with installed .NET Framework 3.5) is minimum.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 12:16 AM by bliss003
The point was, that everyone who did have XP was running it just fine until the patch on the 16th, that was all. Could be something simple to those folks back on and playing.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 12:23 PM by cmartinez6
and it is not so easy to go from xp to 7 with an old computer
Wed 20 Feb 2019 1:35 PM by Pedro
The "not supported" means that it may or may not work, but they won't troubleshoot it as it's a non supported OS, and there could be multiple reasons that may fall on the OS or drivers for the OS that are no longer being updated.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics