Game kicks after login

Started 15 Feb 2019
by Mulldor
in Support Center
I am verified with credentials for login, now everytime i load the game it crashes. Is there any way to fix this issue?
Sat 16 Feb 2019 5:36 AM by kuitu
This happens to me also.

Worked fine for two days but now when I log in, after the char select screen it crashes me back to desktop ?
Sat 16 Feb 2019 9:00 AM by Isonic
Same here, any tips ?
Sat 16 Feb 2019 10:18 AM by Ashok
The devs changed the verification process a few hours ago to make it more comfy for users with dynamic IPs (valid for 1 week if you keep using the same computer),

However, we've got reports about an increased rate of LDs for certain players as of today and looking in to it; no info on that part yet.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 10:20 AM by stinsfire
My game crashes even before the character screen appears. Can't play at all. Yesterday I had numerous crashes during playing and saw others complaining about the same problem in /advice chat.

"An error has occured and you are unable to connect"
Sat 16 Feb 2019 10:32 AM by Ashok
If you are running an antivirus software - other then Windows Defender - you need to set an exception for the DAoC folder otherwise the AV software keeps blocking the game/patcher execution - mostly for users of Avast's software it seems.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 11:54 AM by Tree
I have the same problem. Everthing worked fine up until ~10am, where I had an ld. Now I get the same msg on game loading screen and cant get in.
I added an exception to antivir, but it did not help.

Please find a solution. I bet most people wouldnt even know how to add firewall exceptions. And the player numbers are pretty low for a Saturday afternoon.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 12:01 PM by Tree
Well thats pretty odd. Now after 5min of not changing anything and trying again (because why not?) I suddenly managed to get in ^^
Sat 16 Feb 2019 12:35 PM by gruenesschaf
This "unable to connect" seems to be an odd intermittent error, we're working on it but in the meantime just try again. Had it happen 3/14 times.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 2:38 PM by Burlane
Same thing happening to me on my laptop. Works fine on my desktop, but as of today on my laptop I start the Phoenix Launder, it launches DAOC but then crashes. No error message. Just wont let me get to the character screen.....
Sat 16 Feb 2019 3:43 PM by bakedpotato
I'm crashing too. At first couldn't get to character screen. Then I restarted computer. Now I can get in game but only stay in for less than a minute or two.

Oddly, i was in a group earlier this morning and didn't seem to have any trouble till i went to Jordheim.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 4:06 PM by Afuldan
Yesterday afternoon I was going linkdead after about 2 minutes in game. Wasn’t certain if it was my ISP or the server. Seemed to clear up last night.

Seemed like a few others were having different issues.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics