LD issue is forcing me to think about quitting the game after barely one month of play

Started 31 Jan 2020
by leonardo96
in Support Center
Hi there,

I've been enjoying DAoC on Phoenix for about 4 weeks as I've mentioned now and it's been really great, I'm having a lot of fun. Got to level 40 but sadly some connection issues have arisen that have made the game unplayable

Basically what happens is that X minutes after login, with a recorded minimum of 1 minute and a maximum of 2 hours, 2 of the 3 dots go red from green and after like 5 seconds I get the "You have gone link dead" screen. My connection is absolutely fine, I ran several ping test while getting the LD screen and couldn't notice any wierd behaviour.

At the moment of writing I've just experienced 4 LDs in 10 minutes

I made sure to include any Phoenix or DAoC executables in the firewall/antivirus exceptions. I can absolutely play any other online game with low ping (~60ms), it only happens with Phoenix. I've also tried selecting different "regions" in the Phoenix launcher, to no avail.

Suggestions?

Thanks for reading thus far.
Fri 31 Jan 2020 9:33 PM by bobsmiththethird
have you tried using a vpn to connect?

vpn in to germany and leave the phoenix connector at the default one.

it made a huge difference for me.
Sun 2 Feb 2020 12:21 PM by leonardo96
Thanks for the response; I'm connecting from Italy so a VPN shouldn't be necessary..Besides, free VPNs are not really secure and tbh paying for one just to play on Phoenix is simply..not worth it to me. So anything else I can try by any chance?
Sun 2 Feb 2020 2:02 PM by Freedomcall
Have you tried changing proxy when logging in?
It worked for me.
Sun 2 Feb 2020 7:51 PM by leonardo96
Yes. Literally said it in the post
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics