Cant login? -> Downgrade to 1.125

Started 1 Dec 2019
by Uthred
in Support Center
If you have trouble logging in after updating to the latest live version, do the following:

1. open your phoenix daoc folder
2. click the phoenixfixer.exe in that folder
3. click the "downgrade" button
4. start the phoenix launcher again
Sun 8 Dec 2019 7:42 PM by surfnaked757
Did that and it went from freezing on load screen to saying renderer creation failed, updated gpu drivers and still no luck
Tue 24 Dec 2019 6:48 PM by coquelicot
Hello,

I have already played your game, I have five 50 and templated characters, I decided to reinstall because one of my characters was blocked.

Now the game starts under version 1.126b even after downgrading from 1.126 with phoenixfixer.exe.
The loading stops just before the end and says "Hit esc to exit the game"

Do you have any solution ?

Thank you.
Mon 30 Dec 2019 5:43 PM by Gwig
Having same issue... new install on new pc any help?
Sat 4 Jan 2020 2:59 PM by finyan
Same Problem.

v. 1.126b loading (after downgrade.)

Hit Esc. to Exit Game
Sat 4 Jan 2020 6:33 PM by Dacianus
Same problem here. Hit ESC to exit!
Sat 4 Jan 2020 6:51 PM by Dacianus
Did the downgrade and now works!
Tue 7 Jan 2020 3:50 PM by AyQo
same problem here
Wed 15 Jan 2020 8:34 PM by Folobadob
Same problem!
Sun 19 Jan 2020 8:28 PM by Joedirtx
Same problem!!

My issue is that the Phoenix.fixer doesn’t work. Windows shuts the program down..

HELP I WANT TO PLAY!!
Mon 20 Jan 2020 9:01 AM by Uthred
If downgrading doesnt help, check this thread:

https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5468
Thu 23 Jan 2020 1:56 AM by mattymc
Uthred wrote:
Mon 20 Jan 2020 9:01 AM
If downgrading doesnt help, check this thread:

https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5468

It's not that downgrading doesnt work, the program times out and doesn't actually downgrade anything ---- ran as administrator, etc but it still just times out...thoughts?
Thu 23 Jan 2020 8:01 AM by Uthred
Join our Discord and ask in the support channel for help. There should be someone who knows what to do.
Fri 31 Jan 2020 9:29 AM by Caddy66
Still no solution for this problem?
Sat 1 Feb 2020 10:17 AM by asdBeN2
Hello after several months of inactivity i wasent able to log in due to downgrade , manage to see the screen loading again , and then your account has no acces to this game
Sat 1 Feb 2020 10:47 AM by Uthred
asdBeN2 wrote:
Sat 1 Feb 2020 10:17 AM
Hello after several months of inactivity i wasent able to log in due to downgrade , manage to see the screen loading again , and then your account has no acces to this game
Your account is banned. For more infos check the following thread --> https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10645
Sat 8 Feb 2020 2:17 AM by Leicca
Thanks! Worked for me!
Wed 11 Mar 2020 11:53 AM by Draeck26
Deleted both Camelot and Phoenix completely. Re-installed and tried both before and after using the downgrade. No luck.

Any ideas?
Sun 15 Mar 2020 1:08 AM by iaveight
I am trying to log in under iaveight and it wants 2 stage authentication yet it is not sending me an email. I would like to play this evening.
Sun 15 Mar 2020 1:57 AM by Philippe111
Did anyone solve?

I basically can choose the character. When I do click on play I can just hear the song but any charging screen, and after that back to windows screen.

Help please.
Sun 15 Mar 2020 2:44 AM by Philippe111
For the problem are the UI. Now I can play but without my UI option activated
Mon 16 Mar 2020 2:19 AM by Komaf
Haven't played in a long while, got back in game tonight to see a frontiers access bug. So, was told in group to run the Phoenix Fixer. I did that, restarted the computer (Windows 10) only to see the loading screen vanishes after a few seconds and that's it. Any advice? No replies at Discord either.

Thanks.

P.S. I ran the cmd and ping test. Everything pings fine.
Thu 19 Mar 2020 7:48 AM by mirtillosecco
Same problem for me too. Is it possible that the server has some problems ??
Tue 24 Mar 2020 8:55 PM by romulus
Hi!
A couple of things that have helped some people:
  • Disable any custom UI that you might have.
  • Run the game and the PhoenixFixer tool as an Administrator (Right-click > Run As Admin)
  • If it's been a while since you played last, try fully patching up using the Live Patcher, then try downgrading. You might be missing some necessary files.
Hope that helps!
:hugs:
Mon 6 Apr 2020 11:10 PM by Darcaw
Tried everything mentioned, still freezing and seeing hit esc to exit game in top corner.

Any solutions to this besides "just keep trying"?
Fri 10 Apr 2020 11:42 PM by faceman01
Hi all, so i have some info to share about this issue. Below is the procedure i took in efforts to fix.

I only get the error when i go to downgrade! Either way i cant play past the splash screen or get the error every single time after i downgrade.
im not entirely sure who or what this will help but maybe there is someone out there or GMs that can.

again the error is only presented after i go to downgrade.

So far i have found out that after doing the steps in order
1.Downloading Client
a. Install Client
b. Update to DAOC Live
2. Download Laucher
a. Extract files to ElectronicArts>DAOC folder
3. Run Phoenix Launcher
4.Game loads to splash screen (LOADING HIT ESC TO EXIT)
5. Run PhoenixFixer
6. Run Phoenix Laucher
7. Renderer creation error.

UPDATE: Installed fresh everything now i downgrade and i am 1.126b patch.
Sat 11 Apr 2020 1:51 AM by romulus
Hi!
If the splash screen is still showing 1.126, then the downgrade wasn't successful. Try running the phoenixfixer.exe utility as an administrator (right-click > Run as Administrator) since the tool does need to replace/modify some files and perhaps the files are protected by ACLs that are preventing the modification. Anecdotally, I have heard that some people need to run the downgrade more than once for it to "take".

Good luck!
Sat 11 Apr 2020 3:17 AM by faceman01
romulus wrote:
Sat 11 Apr 2020 1:51 AM
Hi!
If the splash screen is still showing 1.126, then the downgrade wasn't successful. Try running the phoenixfixer.exe utility as an administrator (right-click > Run as Administrator) since the tool does need to replace/modify some files and perhaps the files are protected by ACLs that are preventing the modification. Anecdotally, I have heard that some people need to run the downgrade more than once for it to "take".

Good luck!

After multiple times of fresh wipes. Finally got the downgrade to take.
Now i am presented with the Renderer Creation Error. completely unsure what the exact issue is now lol.
Sat 11 Apr 2020 1:42 PM by romulus
Hi!
Render errors are almost always the result of a bad driver or missing system files. Here are some things you can try:

• Reset your DAOC UI to default if you are using a custom UI.
  • Make sure you have installed and are running the most current video drivers for your video card.
  • Make sure that you have applied all system updates using Windows Update.
  • Run a repair installation of DirectX.
  • Rename %appdata%/Electronic Arts/Dark Age of Camelot/(phoenix|LoTM)/users.dat to ./users.bak and restart your client.

Good luck!
Sat 11 Apr 2020 6:15 PM by faceman01
Thank you rom for your help. i managed to figure out that my amd Adrenaline software was the issue. i downgraded to earlier patch for gpu and it worked just fine no issues.
Tue 28 Apr 2020 4:59 PM by Obscurearcher
HELLO team i wish to renewal my account on the phoenix server ... i'm obscurearcher i check my e-mail but i haven't recived anythin still now
Mon 18 May 2020 6:12 PM by Scipio
I ran PhoenixFixer.exe as admin and this fix worked for me. Thanks!
Thu 21 May 2020 6:29 AM by Ceru
Hi All,

Brand new player here.

As FYI - I had the same issue, was able to do the downgrade using PhoenixFixer and that resolved the issue for me.
Tue 26 May 2020 12:43 AM by Thravon
Hey this works like a charm! You may have to run the pheonixfix.exe as an administrator for this to work for you!
Good Luck & Thanks
Sun 21 Jun 2020 11:52 AM by jujube
yes i had the same problem as everyone in here, just run the fixer in admin mode like many said and it will work , did it for me !
Fri 26 Jun 2020 7:38 PM by Tristain34
romulus wrote:
Sat 11 Apr 2020 1:51 AM
Hi!

Good luck!

Running the fixer in admin mode is the only thing that worked to downgrade and fix crafter, OF. Thank you!
Fri 3 Jul 2020 2:59 AM by Weskill
Uthred wrote:
Sun 1 Dec 2019 10:16 PM
If you have trouble logging in after updating to the latest live version, do the following:

1. open your phoenix daoc folder
2. click the phoenixfixer.exe in that folder
3. click the "downgrade" button
4. start the phoenix launcher again

I don't understand. I had the same problem as many others reported in this thread but because this post has never been updated with:

"Run the phoenixfixer.exe as Administrator"

I had to read 3 or 4 pages deep before seeing that noted and nearly simply gave up as I'd already spent 2 hours trying to get the game to work. Even after seeing the first post suggesting it needed to be run as Administrator I was skeptical because usually when an application doesn't have the required privileges it reports an error. It'd take all of 1 minute to update this post.

That simple change fixed my problem. I wonder how many fewer people are playing because they gave up trying to fix the problem prior to finding this?

Edit: I went back through the thread and upvoted the posts acknowledging running phoenixfixer in Administrator mode fixes the problems for many. Hopefully that'll help someone later.
Tue 28 Jul 2020 6:44 AM by GrafvonWolde
Hello i can´t login. i am on hollyday ! I have a different IP. PLS help.

Graf von Wolde
Wed 23 Sep 2020 6:00 PM by Kirito_epesite_noir
good evening, I am coming to you to activate my daoc phoenix account

cordially
Wed 7 Oct 2020 4:33 AM by ThorsGrundle
Fresh install, first time player tonight. After install the game sits on 95% and never loads. Ran the Phoenixfixer and downgraded, the game loads fine but when I create a character it finishes and goes to the character selection page but it's blank...

I tried creating a character in a different slot, but no effect same thing happens.
Wed 7 Oct 2020 5:27 AM by romulus
Hi!
You are probably trying to create a character with an illegal race/class combination. Even though the client allows certain combinations, the server doesn't allow as many.
You can see the allowed combinations here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20191123045315/http://playphoenix.wiki/phoenix-class-race-combinations/
Thu 8 Oct 2020 8:06 AM by Moriar_HW
Hello, after installing DAOC on my MacBook Pro Bootcamp partition, I can perfectly play on the official Ywain server. When I run the game in 1.127 on Phoenix, the game starts well, but the loading remains blocked at 95% (this is normal). So I do the Fixer Downgrade fix. This is where I have a problem, when I run Phoenix.exe, I have a black screen, and the Mac shuts down. Can anyone help me ? Thank you !
Sun 13 Dec 2020 10:24 PM by epoxy11
Having mouse problem after i use phoenix fixer , when i move pointer in game the game lags alot and frames drops . this is not an issue on offical server before use phoenix downgrade . need some assist before i loose the last of my hair .
Sun 13 Dec 2020 10:44 PM by ExcretusMaximus
epoxy11 wrote:
Sun 13 Dec 2020 10:24 PM
Having mouse problem after i use phoenix fixer , when i move pointer in game the game lags alot and frames drops . this is not an issue on offical server before use phoenix downgrade . need some assist before i loose the last of my hair .

If you're using an nVidia card and auto-update or chose to update in the last week, roll back that update and your problem should disappear.
Mon 14 Dec 2020 2:05 AM by easytoremember
epoxy11 wrote:
Sun 13 Dec 2020 10:24 PM
I had this same problem on an AMD card and was never able to resolve it. It varied where sometimes moving the mouse nonstop caused the fps to drop to 0 for as long as mouse movement continued, and other times just heavy frame drops when the mouse is moved.
I ended up getting an NVIDIA card and never had the problem on DAoC again, but this same thing happens with certain renderers in Windows 10 still
Mon 21 Dec 2020 2:37 AM by Rhone
I'm unable to login. And I'm unable to downgrade. I run PhoenixFixer as admin, click on "Downgrade from 1.126", wait about three minutes, then "PhoenixFixer has stopped working". I also did the full patch on Live and then tried downgrade again... and the same result.

Okay, so, oddly I guess my VPN was actually preventing it.
Thu 21 Jan 2021 5:01 PM by JD322
everytime i run phoenixfixer it ends up saying " phoenixfixer has stopped working" a probelm caused the program to stop working correctly.

my internet is fine. ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the game download and the phoenix download and still isnt working.
Mon 22 Mar 2021 2:30 PM by Mbasaraba
I was having this issue and downgraded. Was able to get to character select, make a character and play. I have a few issues though.

1. The game is in some odd screen resolution, 900x 600 or something so has 50mm of black on either side.
2. At character select I entered default screen resolution to my desktop etc, 1920 x 1080
3. Loading screen and character select remain at the 900 x 600 and I have sound.
4. When I log into the game my screen reverts to the default and no black border, however, now I dont have sound.

Any help??
Sun 28 Mar 2021 1:07 AM by roundhere
when i try to login it says my account needs two factor authentication but im not getting an email sent and i checked spam folder and all that..
account name Roundhere
Sun 28 Mar 2021 11:11 AM by Beckett
roundhere wrote:
Sun 28 Mar 2021 1:07 AM
when i try to login it says my account needs two factor authentication but im not getting an email sent and i checked spam folder and all that..
account name Roundhere
contact me on discord
https://discord.gg/4AWAhUs
Mon 12 Jul 2021 8:25 PM by Yanos
Hello everybody,

I have same problem like Roundhere, how i can contact a gamemaster please ?
Tue 13 Jul 2021 8:39 AM by Beckett
either send me a private message on the forum or click the discord link in my post above
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics