Pheonix launcher shortcut (gone), cannot extract files from launcher download to daoc folder

Started 11 Nov 2019
by aachin
in Support Center
Hi guys,
I tried to login today, but had no luck. When I originally got phoenix working, I had made a shortcut for the .exe in the DAOC folder for my desktop. It worked for about a week. Then today, I turn on my pc and click the shortcut, but an error came up saying something like "invalid shortcut, file moved or deleted". I never moved anything. I look at the DAoC folder and the phoenix.exe is gone. However the patcher and fixer still remained.

Quick fix, I tried to unistal and reinstal daoc, run the patch, download the launcher, give the launcher exemption in my antivirus (free avast), and attempt to extract files into DAoC folder. This attempt is met on all four files with "ERROR: Cannot open output file".

I tried extracting the launcher files to desktop and moving them manually into the daoc folder, which worked for everything but the pheonix.exe launcher.

Im running windows 10.

Please help, I want to get back to gameplay.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 6:11 AM by aachin
Update, I have gone into the DAoC file properties and updated all security permission to allow me to do everything. This allowed me to extract 3/4 of the phoenix launcher files to the DAoC folder. However, I can still not extract the pheonix.exe to the daoc folder. When attempted, 7zip reads, "Can not open output file, access is denied <Crogram/EA/DAoC/phoenix.exe>"

How can I get the phoenix.exe into the DAoC folder?

I have run the Phoenix patcher from inside the DAoC folder.
I have run the Phoenix fixer from inside the DAoC folder and fixed crafting.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 2:24 PM by chryso
Try installing the game to a location other than Program Files. For example make a folder on your hard drive called games (C:\games)
Then install to there. Sometimes windows doesn't like to allow stuff to write to Program Files.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics