How do you hit a inner keep door when there are keep walls and it is out of sight ?

Started 31 Oct 2019
by Shadanwolf
in Support Center
I was in a keep fight...enemy had catapults behind the ck. They were able to target the inner door of the keep and knock the door down...even though they could not see it. How does that happen ? This happened in THID.
Thu 31 Oct 2019 10:03 PM by gotwqqd
Assassin class dings 25 raises stealth and climbs in?
Assist target?
Keep traded hands and original sneak or player inside?
Positioning camera and avatar to allow click on door?
Thu 31 Oct 2019 10:34 PM by easytoremember
I think if GT is close enough to door it will damage door but may be wrong. They should be unable to target the door directly even using assist
Thu 31 Oct 2019 10:36 PM by Boltman
Yes, it's a ground Target. You can't ding 25 in Thid.
Thu 31 Oct 2019 11:58 PM by gotwqqd
Boltman wrote:
Thu 31 Oct 2019 10:36 PM

Wrong
I did it
Fri 1 Nov 2019 12:55 PM by chryso
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 31 Oct 2019 11:58 PM
Boltman wrote:
Thu 31 Oct 2019 10:36 PM

Wrong
I did it

I did it too just last week. It was surprising and disappointing.
It was odd because once I dinged 25 I never got any more xp while in there.
Fri 1 Nov 2019 1:56 PM by Boltman
I've always had to leave the battlegrounds and gain xp to actually ding. It gives a message saying you can't gain more xp. I've even lost out on the xp portion of the tick at lvl 39 because it would have put me to the next level.

Has something changed recently?
Fri 1 Nov 2019 2:58 PM by romulus
Hi!
I've heard people tell stories about how they were sure that their /xp off flag was set, but it mysteriously got flipped back on somehow and they ended up dinging out of a BG that where they were encamped. Another person filed a bug where he claimed that he received xp after he died in a BG despite being /xp off. Given the reported issues around the /xp off flag, I always check to make sure that the combat log displays /xp off enabled when I log on my twinks, and before I head out of the keep or join a group.

And it really helps to not wait until you are 99.995% of the way through the level to /xp off!

I was in a keep fight...enemy had catapults behind the ck. They were able to target the inner door of the keep and knock the door down...even though they could not see it. How does that happen? This happened in THID.

I'm pretty sure it's a ground assist target. I do the same thing when I'm soloing in other BGs (namely Cale because the inner door isn't directly visible when the outer door is down) on my cab. I enter the doorway and target the inner door and order my pet to attack, then run back to my catapult, target my pet and hit /assist. From there I just aim the cat and start pounding away. 75% of the time, it works every time!
:hugs:
Fri 1 Nov 2019 3:08 PM by Boltman
romulus wrote:
Fri 1 Nov 2019 2:58 PM
Hi!
I've heard people tell stories about how they were sure that their /xp off flag was set, but it mysteriously got flipped back on somehow and they ended up dinging out of a BG that where they were encamped. Another person filed a bug where he claimed that he received xp after he died in a BG despite being /xp off. Given the reported issues around the /xp off flag, I always check to make sure that the combat log displays /xp off enabled when I log on my twinks, and before I head out of the keep or join a group.

And it really helps to not wait until you are 99.995% of the way through the level to /xp off!
:hugs:

Well I actually wanted the xp on those occasions, so no xp off
Fri 1 Nov 2019 3:54 PM by chryso
I thought they removed the XP off command.
Fri 1 Nov 2019 4:00 PM by romulus
RP /off has been disabled, XP /off is still available.
Sat 2 Nov 2019 2:07 AM by gotwqqd
I had /xp off enabled

I turned it on and ended up leveling and gaining more xp
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics