Launcher vs PlaysTV - Won't load the game

Started 17 Oct 2019
by Caemma
in Support Center
Hello,
I've just installed Plays.tv software, which is a common recording software (like nVidia shadowplay), and the launcher fails to start the game if it's open.
When I hit the "Login" button on the launcher, it closes but doesn't start the game anymore.
But if I close the recording software, it will start DAoC again... and I can open Plays.Tv e record/stream the game..

Now, I know this is a third party software so you might not care about it, but.. could you please investigate if there is a solution to make the launcher work out with it?
Or if anyone else using PlaysTV solved the problem somehow?

It's a really cool and easy software to record/stream your games with friends or public..

Thanks
Thu 17 Oct 2019 10:43 AM by Caemma
Omg, I've just managed to find the a workaround...
If I run the Phoenix launcher as administrator (right click -> execute as administrator) it will finally open DAoC when i hit "Login", even if there is PlaysTv already open!

Not sure why, if it's an issue related to the launcher or PlaysTV itself..

Good to know, at least can use it!
Thu 17 Oct 2019 3:32 PM by Ashok
Caemma wrote:
Thu 17 Oct 2019 10:43 AM
Not sure why, if it's an issue related to the launcher or PlaysTV itself..

Based on your 'workaround' (more of a solution), I guess your "PlaysTv" is trying to hook into the game client, which fails because of Windows' security layers (permissions); possibly causing an instant crash or a client deadlock.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics