Daoc running the wrong GPU

Started 1 Oct 2019
by nDraum
in Support Center
Hello everybody,

i am playing on a Laptop and Daoc is always starting on the intel GPU and not the AMD GPU.
I tried to change it in the bios (which is not possible), i tryed to change it in the AMD Settings (Set it on "best performance" - no changes) and i also tried to deactivate the intel GPU (also dosent work.. DAOC wont start).

Any Ideas how to solve the problem?

I am on:
Windows 10 - 64 Bit
8 Gig RAM
AMD Radeon 530
Intel UHD 620
Intel I-7 8550 CPU

Greetings!
Tue 1 Oct 2019 12:47 PM by Keelia
For nvidia at least you can set specific programs to run on a specific GPU, not sure if AMD has that as well. I had this issue as well l, but I’m nvidia. Try uninstalling all your video drivers then do a complete fresh install.
Tue 1 Oct 2019 12:49 PM by Roto23
How can you tell if its running on the CPU or GPU?
Tue 1 Oct 2019 12:50 PM by Keelia
Roto23 wrote:
Tue 1 Oct 2019 12:49 PM

In the daoc options it tells you what card it’s running off.
Tue 1 Oct 2019 12:52 PM by Roto23
Keelia wrote:
Tue 1 Oct 2019 12:50 PM
Roto23 wrote:

thanks, thats the one at the char screen or ingame options?
Tue 1 Oct 2019 12:53 PM by Keelia
Roto23 wrote:
Tue 1 Oct 2019 12:52 PM
Keelia wrote:
Roto23 wrote:

Character select options. Lower left in
    white
    Tue 1 Oct 2019 12:54 PM by Roto23
    Keelia wrote:
    Tue 1 Oct 2019 12:53 PM
    Roto23 wrote:
    Tue 1 Oct 2019 12:52 PM
    Keelia wrote:

Character select options. Lower left in
      white
      lol, thanks again. Its using the proper video card for me
      Tue 1 Oct 2019 12:54 PM by Keelia
      When it comes to video cards I swear it’s usually always drivers.
      Tue 1 Oct 2019 1:12 PM by nDraum
      Keelia wrote:
      Tue 1 Oct 2019 12:54 PM

Only driver i did not update is the intel driver. I updated the GPU Driver and the AMD software.
      Tue 1 Oct 2019 1:14 PM by Keelia
      nDraum wrote:
      Tue 1 Oct 2019 1:12 PM
      Keelia wrote:

Only driver i did not update is the intel driver. I updated the GPU Driver and the AMD software.

Did you do a complete fresh install? Sometimes there’s residual files that cause issues.
      Tue 1 Oct 2019 1:26 PM by nDraum
      Keelia wrote:
      Tue 1 Oct 2019 1:14 PM
      nDraum wrote:
      Tue 1 Oct 2019 1:12 PM
      Keelia wrote:

Did you do a complete fresh install? Sometimes there’s residual files that cause issues.

Now i also updatet the Inteldriver.
      And yep i did a complete "new" Installation of all GPU Drivers & Programs.
      Tue 1 Oct 2019 6:07 PM by desp
      https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-017
      Tue 1 Oct 2019 7:32 PM by nDraum
      desp wrote:
      Tue 1 Oct 2019 6:07 PM
      https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-017

That's where Ive been several times.
      Unfortunately dosent change anything (that's also what I meant in the beginning Post).

Also what I read is that there are a few people having that problem with this software. Annoying...
      Wed 2 Oct 2019 5:47 PM by Ashok
      Press theWindows key + R
      Copy in: notepad %appdata%\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\phoenix\user.dat
      Hit [Enter]

The DAoC config file will open.

Delete every line from [main] up until the next [ ]-entry.
      In my case this would be until [performance]:

This will reset the clients GFX settings and will force the engine to re-initialize your graphics hardware on next launch.

Additionally, shift-rightclick the Phoenix.exe instead of double clicking it.
      The context menu should show an option somewhere on top to select the graphics hardware / GPU to use for that program - if multiple GPUs are active.
      Wed 2 Oct 2019 6:32 PM by nDraum
      Ashok wrote:
      Wed 2 Oct 2019 5:47 PM
      Press theWindows key + R
      Copy in: notepad %appdata%\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\phoenix\user.dat
      Hit [Enter]

The DAoC config file will open.

Delete every line from [main] up until the next [ ]-entry.
      In my case this would be until [performance]:

This will reset the clients GFX settings and will force the engine to re-initialize your graphics hardware on next launch.

Additionally, shift-rightclick the Phoenix.exe instead of double clicking it.
      The context menu should show an option somewhere on top to select the graphics hardware / GPU to use for that program - if multiple GPUs are active.

THIS SOUNDS LIKE A SOLUTION!!

unfortunatly: i dont have the folder: Copy in: notepad %appdata%\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\phoenix\user.dat
      the only thing i find in the appdata is : Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\phoenix\user.dat

also when i shift + right click nothing happend (or at least it s the same menu as when i right click)

But at least i can see the used GPU in the txt - is it possible to change it manually ? - EDIT: no its not... but maybe because its the wrong folder
      Fri 4 Oct 2019 8:52 PM by Ashok
      %appdata% is a universal Windows placeholder and resolved automatically to: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming
      So the full path of that command would be C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\phoenix\user.dat

<USER> is the name of your Windows user.

also when i shift + right click nothing happend (or at least it s the same menu as when i right click)
      Then you don't have 2 GPUs active.

Please note, that a multi-GPU system where both can be selected for different tasks applies to mobiles devices only.
      (ignoring crossfire/SLI here)

If you have a desktop that got an iGPU on the CPU plus a dedicated GPU that's a totally different scenario (because you have HDMI/DP ports from board and the dGPU, instead of just 1in total that's connected to both iGPU and dGPU).
      In that case you have to double check if your monitor(s) are plugged in into the GPU and not the mainboard slot.

Had couple of incidents in the past where desktop users did plug their monitor into the integrated GPU controller on the back of the computer case - thus everything is rendered via the iGPU. - instead of one from the dGPU.

But at least i can see the used GPU in the txt - is it possible to change it manually
      Just delete the line and save the file.
      Sat 5 Oct 2019 11:59 AM by nDraum
      Thanks for the answer .

I know how %appdata%... workes, but i dont have the Phoenix folder. Its missing
      ...Roaming\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\LotM

I am also quite sure that i have 2 GPUs running since other games run on my external gpu and daoc is only running at the intel gpu. (Playing on a notebook btw)
      This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics