Multilpe LDs

Started 15 Sep 2019
by Rothom
in Support Center
Both desktop and laptop, numerous LD's (so far about 6) after logging in for 3-5min. Only happened after playing for about an hour before without problems. SF and NY servers tried, numerous characters tried.

Other online games fine.
Sun 15 Sep 2019 1:30 AM by Hodge
When I had this issue, I reset my router.
Sun 15 Sep 2019 2:03 AM by gotwqqd
Lately though I have had issues with...
A. When zoning/porting going to the character selection screen. Does not occur when staying in frontiers or pve area changes.

B. When changing zone while on horse. Kicked from horse. Able to move around but when horse gets to final destination am ported to the correct final destination. This is okay when you want to go there but presents problems when you need to jump at some point after zone change but before final stop
Sun 15 Sep 2019 11:37 AM by Wakanidoo
Yesterday, this is not an LD I had but by teleporting from Camelot to Frontier, I came back to the windows desktop. I restart the game, take the character I played and I see that 2 chat windows disappeared. I logout and log another toon: still the 2 missing windows. I try a 3rd toon, ditto.
Forced to stop, I turn off my PC and turn it on again the next day. I connect a character, always the 2 missing windows.
I logout of daoc and, fortunately I'm planning, I restore the files char.bin, user.dat and * .ini that I take care to backup regularly. And after reloging, all was fine.
So I advise you to write a small file .bat to make a backup of your toons configurations / keyboard / macros (in the file nammed before)
By the way you can safely erase all .ign files that pollute your disk and are useless. The DEVs did not want to explain to me why he had so many .ign files ...

from Discord:
Q: Hello! In the folder where DAoC stores our character INI files, they are also a lot of IGN files for each characters. Those files are supposed to be tied at the server/realm where the character plays. As I always play on Albion, should be only one (1) IGN file for each of my toon. Actually my DAOC folder is polluted by tons of IGN files. Would you take a look at that ? Thanks.
A. Uthred24/07/2019
thats clientside, nothing we can do about it
Q. Strange.. on the live server and on Uthgard, I have only 1 ign file by toon.... very strange...
A. (still waiting a answer....)
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics