Launcher doesn't work anymore

Started 5 Sep 2019
by Giasah
in Support Center
Hello guys,
I hope that one of you can help me.

Yesterday I installed daoc and the phönix launcher on my new (but used) computer. I also could start the game and played already a bit at night. Actually I haven't played daoc for a while. But now I would like to restart.

But when I tried to login this evening to continue with playing I could not start the game anymore. I still can insert my pw in the launcher, then it starts loading, but 2 seconds after the loading screen appears, it toasts me back onto the desktop and the game is closed.

The only thing I wanted to do today was installing Bobs Ui from a link here in a forum. This I did in another folder and copied after confirming my preferences the custom folder into the ui folder. At first I thought this could have produced a conflict, so I removed the custom folder from the ui again. But still I can't logg in. It is the same. After 2 sec.with the loading screen the game is suddenly closed.

Do you have any ideas or hints for me?

Thanks for your help.
Gia
Fri 6 Sep 2019 12:45 AM by romulus
Hi Gia!
You should check out the forum post that has solutions to common technical issues.
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5468

If nothing has truly changed on your computer since you last were able to play, you might need to just make sure you are running the patcher as an admin and make sure that your antivirus software hasn't quarantined either DAoC or the Phoenix programs.

If worst comes to worst, you can always reinstall DAoC and then Phoenix (and completely remove your custom UIs, just to be sure ). Make sure to follow the Installation directions on the main Phoenix site exactly.

If you still experience problems, you might want to post on the Support channel on the Phoenix Discord, there will be more eyeballs on that and you might get more timely help.

Good luck!
Wed 25 Sep 2019 10:12 AM by LilXel
Just joined Phoenix yesterday. Tried my old bobs ui. v1.17c i think. After choosing the custom UI in options, as soon as I click play it crashes to desktop. I am trying to find the version that works.
Wed 25 Sep 2019 12:30 PM by chryso
At the top of this forum there is a post linking UIs that work here.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics