DF mobs don't respect vanish and have high detection chance

Started 18 Jul 2019
by Deekina
in Support Center
There's plenty of mobs (one might argue too many) in the transition zones between each realms portal areas. Running as a solo stealther is fraught with risk just to get across this zone, which is fair enough, but what isn't right is using vanish and still having mobs chasing you, particularly nightmares and succubi.

I'll also add that their stealth detection is ridiculously high. Despite 50 composite stealth and walking about 300-400 units away from them, they always seem to pop stealth. Is this working as intended? Seems too much in my opinion.
Thu 18 Jul 2019 7:16 AM by Sepplord
nightmares, succubi and shredders have truesight, don't get into their frontal cone or they will see you

the vanish bug is annoying though i agree.
And it's not only with vanish. Normal stealth also has weird behaviour with some mobs.

When i run down midgard side, and aggro a drinker before shredders i can stealth and they will still hit me out of stealth, even 5seconds later.
They only turn around almost two hallways away from their spawn
Fri 19 Jul 2019 6:56 AM by Deekina
Thanks, that's a helpful reply.
Fri 19 Jul 2019 8:53 AM by Turano
Try to use distraction to turn them the other way. You might still need some patience from time to time when the pattern is particularly unfavorable.

Vanish is crazy bugged here and there seems to be no will to fix it
Tue 23 Jul 2019 5:29 PM by Expfighter
I don't even go into df for this reason, not worth the trouble
Tue 23 Jul 2019 5:59 PM by vxr
Expfighter wrote:
Tue 23 Jul 2019 5:29 PM
Wed 25 Sep 2019 3:11 AM by gotwqqd
50 composite
Used vanish and drinkers Beelined to me after enemy was killed
Wed 25 Sep 2019 7:15 AM by Razur Ur
Expfighter wrote:

You go only for greyplayer and leveler farming into DF ;-). Best griefplayer on this server :-D
Wed 25 Sep 2019 1:25 PM by Expfighter
Razur Ur wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 7:15 AM
Expfighter wrote:

You go only for greyplayer and leveler farming into DF ;-). Best griefplayer on this server :-D

Not true, and there is no griefing in daoc, go back to WoRetards if you want to talk this garbage!
Wed 25 Sep 2019 1:34 PM by vxr
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 3:11 AM
50 composite

Drinkers are broken for some reason. They will sometimes refuse to degagro no matter how far I go. I am sure their is something wrong with them, so no suprise that vanish doesn't work on them.
Wed 25 Sep 2019 1:37 PM by Razur Ur
Expfighter wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 1:25 PM
Razur Ur wrote:
Expfighter wrote:

Not true, and there is no griefing in daoc, go back to WoRetards if you want to talk this garbage!

Aha mushroom attack with your scout that the leveler dying on mobs is not griefplay? ;-)
Wed 25 Sep 2019 1:47 PM by Expfighter
Razur Ur wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 1:37 PM
Expfighter wrote:
Razur Ur wrote:

Aha mushroom attack with your scout that the leveler dying on mobs is not griefplay? ;-)
THERE IS NO GRIEFING IN DAoC, risk vs reward. If you don't want to die, do not go into the rvr zones! If you have a problem with it /appeal and make your case. The gm will tell you to look at the TOS, it clearly states that what an enemy does to you in the frontier is free game and not griefing. And if you knew all my toons you would see that killing xp'er whether lvl 1 or 50 is my favorite part of the game.

ENJOY
Wed 25 Sep 2019 1:54 PM by Razur Ur
Expfighter wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 1:47 PM
Razur Ur wrote:
Expfighter wrote:

THERE IS NO GRIEFING IN DAoC, risk vs reward. If you don't want to die, do not go into the rvr zones! If you have a problem with it /appeal and make your case. The gm will tell you to look at the TOS, it clearly states that what an enemy does to you in the frontier is free game and not griefing. And if you knew all my toons you would see that killing xp'er whether lvl 1 or 50 is my favorite part of the game.

ENJOY

Sure is this griefplaying if you only wipe a group that they get exp lost. This have nothing to do with rvr game! And you are only poor boy that have needed to kill low level Chars for your little ego! And that you not got a sanctions is only lucky! But im happy that you not playing more your infi and scout.
Wed 25 Sep 2019 2:00 PM by Expfighter
Razur Ur wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 1:54 PM
Expfighter wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 1:47 PM
Razur Ur wrote:

ENJOY

Sure is this griefplaying if you only wipe a group that they get exp lost. This have nothing to do with rvr game! And you are only poor boy that have needed to kill low level Chars for your little ego! And that you not got a sanctions is only lucky! But im glad that you not playing more your infi and scout.

No griefing, killing other players in the frontier by any means is NOT, read this word NOT griefing in this game!

Ask a gm now, you are wrong
Wed 25 Sep 2019 2:06 PM by vxr
Razur Ur wrote:
Expfighter wrote:
Razur Ur wrote:

What's a mushroom attack? For a second I thought he might be an animist.
Wed 25 Sep 2019 2:10 PM by Expfighter
vxr wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 2:06 PM
Razur Ur wrote:
Expfighter wrote:

He means killing the verdant main agro shroom and watching them all die! It is funny as hell
Wed 25 Sep 2019 2:17 PM by vxr
Expfighter wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 2:10 PM
vxr wrote:
Razur Ur wrote:

He means killing the verdant main agro shroom and watching them all die! It is funny as hell

Oh.... lol
Wed 25 Sep 2019 3:13 PM by Razur Ur
Expfighter wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 2:10 PM
vxr wrote:
Razur Ur wrote:

Sorry my english is not well :-D
Wed 25 Sep 2019 3:49 PM by gotwqqd
vxr wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 1:34 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
50 composite

Drinkers are broken for some reason. They will sometimes refuse to degagro no matter how far I go. I am sure their is something wrong with them, so no suprise that vanish doesn't work on them.
It was actually you and an sb
I was on my ns and started attacking you when I got agg by some drinker and the sb popped
I vanished and moved away
An elder itch finished you off and the drinkers who were on you beeline to me while stealth
Wed 25 Sep 2019 4:01 PM by vxr
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 3:49 PM
vxr wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
50 composite

I was on my ns and started attacking you when I got agg by some drinker and the sb popped
An elder itch finished you off and the drinkers who were on you beeline to me while stealth

I am a little confused. There was an NS that vanished after Dragonik added and the NS headed down drinkers toward cambs, but ended up dieng to drinkers. Was that you? Later on Zyfrig killed me, but if you were dead at drinkers/cambs how were you there when he killed me? Did you come back?
Wed 25 Sep 2019 4:07 PM by gotwqqd
vxr wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 4:01 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
vxr wrote:

I am a little confused. There was an NS that vanished after Dragonik added and the NS headed down drinkers toward cambs, but ended up dieng to drinkers. Was that you? Later on Zyfrig killed me, but if you were dead at drinkers/cambs how were you there when he killed me? Did you come back?

That was me...
I was under impression he killed you while engaged with the drinkers
Because they came from the area you were at up a bit straight to me at speed
Wed 25 Sep 2019 4:28 PM by vxr
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 4:07 PM
vxr wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 4:01 PM
gotwqqd wrote:

That was me...
I was under impression he killed you while engaged with the drinkers
Because they came from the area you were at up a bit straight to me at speed

Ah, okay. Yes and no. The drinkers were following me, but I mezzed them. Then I engaged Zyfrig at Lilispawns. So I guess they were still chasing me, but I didn't realize. Mezz, stun, nuke, nuke, nuke..... dead
Wed 25 Sep 2019 5:33 PM by chryso
Expfighter wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 2:00 PM
No griefing, killing other players in the frontier by any means is NOT, read this word NOT griefing in this game!

Let's be real here. It is not defined as griefing here but you are definitely intending it to be griefing.

You are a jackass but being a jackass is not against the rules.
Wed 25 Sep 2019 8:41 PM by Expfighter
chryso wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 5:33 PM
Expfighter wrote:

Let's be real here. It is not defined as griefing here but you are definitely intending it to be griefing.

For playing the game as designed? Don't go out if you don't want to die!
Wed 25 Sep 2019 10:23 PM by florin
gotwqqd wrote:
50 composite

I’d open another ticket - this was supposed to be solved with the fix to high level guards and nightmares seeing through vanish.

But then again stealth has always been jacked up on Phoenix
Wed 25 Sep 2019 11:46 PM by The Skies Asunder
Nightmares have been worse in my experience. Even if I use speed burst to get away from them (can't just sprint, because they are all Usain Bolt) and restealth, they don't lose agro. Then they immediately find, and kill me, and I cry.
Thu 26 Sep 2019 6:37 AM by Razur Ur
Expfighter wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 8:41 PM
chryso wrote:
Expfighter wrote:

Rly rly dump what you said, clear every can die on frontier through another enemy player this is legit, but not every must die through enemy with exp lost and this is not fine! But you understand this not and you needed this for better feeling weaker player ( low level player) to kill and to gag with xp lost.
Thu 26 Sep 2019 2:16 PM by Expfighter
Razur Ur wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019 6:37 AM
Expfighter wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 8:41 PM
chryso wrote:

Rly rly dump what you said, clear every can die on frontier through another enemy player this is legit, but not every must die through enemy with exp lost and this is not fine! But you understand this not and you needed this for better feeling weaker player ( low level player) to kill and to gag with xp lost.

What?
Thu 26 Sep 2019 2:52 PM by Andwell
I'm not quite sure, but i think what they're getting at is that while killing greys in rvr areas is fine and a part of the game, doing so in the way that causes xp deaths is spiteful and only really serves to cause them the most inconvenience possible.

It's akin to other hibs dragging purples through lowbie shroom fields. Certainly within the mechanical scope of the game, but still asinine.
Thu 26 Sep 2019 3:05 PM by Expfighter
Andwell wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019 2:52 PM
I'm not quite sure, but i think what they're getting at is that while killing greys in rvr areas is fine and a part of the game, doing so in the way that causes xp deaths is spiteful and only really serves to cause them the most inconvenience possible.

It's akin to other hibs dragging purples through lowbie shroom fields. Certainly within the mechanical scope of the game, but still asinine.

Dragging mobs IS against the TOS, what an enemy does is not, case closed discussion over!

Don't go out if you don't want xp loss PERIOD!
Thu 26 Sep 2019 3:14 PM by Razur Ur
Expfighter wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019 3:05 PM
Dragging mobs IS against the TOS, what an enemy does is not, case closed discussion over!

As I said, your attitude to this game is poor and you have no empathy for new player on this server.
Thu 26 Sep 2019 3:39 PM by Expfighter
Razur Ur wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019 3:14 PM
Expfighter wrote:

As I said, your attitude to this game is poor and you have no empathy for new player on this server.

Maybe before playing a game you should read the rules
Thu 26 Sep 2019 10:48 PM by gotwqqd
Expfighter wrote:
Andwell wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019 2:52 PM

Something can be griefing and not be against the rules of the game.
Generally it’s called being an ass.
Fri 27 Sep 2019 6:19 AM by Sepplord
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019 10:48 PM

Also applies to IRL, plenty of assholes running around...doesn't mean they can be jailed for it, just means i don't like them and avoid having to deal with them
Fri 27 Sep 2019 9:40 AM by gotwqqd
Expfighter wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019 3:39 PM
Razur Ur wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019 3:14 PM
Expfighter wrote:

Maybe before playing a game you should read the rules
WTF does reading rules have to do with it?
Sat 28 Sep 2019 8:41 AM by Chaskha
Hiding behind the rules to be an asshole is even more pathetic than going against all rules to do so...
At least, one is brave somehow ...
Mon 30 Sep 2019 3:12 PM by Expfighter
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 27 Sep 2019 6:19 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019 10:48 PM

Also applies to IRL, plenty of assholes running around...doesn't mean they can be jailed for it, just means i don't like them and avoid having to deal with them

You snowflakes are hilarious!
Mon 30 Sep 2019 3:37 PM by Sepplord
Expfighter wrote:
Mon 30 Sep 2019 3:12 PM
You snowflakes are hilarious!

Yeah we know you enjoy this as you made it pretty clear you get your enjoyment out of the annoyance of others
Mon 30 Sep 2019 5:14 PM by Uthred
Guess im going to close this.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics