No weapon-skill on startup character.. solved now, something missing in FAQ for new-Starters.

Started 13 Jul 2019
by Wolfir666
in Support Center
Hi all,

I did just install the Phoenix DAoC in a different folder how its supposed to be done, all went well, no error-messages.
I first started the camelot.exe, then afterwards the phoenix.exe, then chose my Realm (Albion) when starting the launcher on EU1.
But after creating several characters and logging into them at least once, none of them has any Icons for Weaponskills, neither Bow-skills.
What seems to be there are Chants of the Paladin and Songs of the Minstrel, but both got no Skills for Weapons, this does not change when doing one Level without skills and just hitting a blue Monster with Attack-Button.
Also the tradeskill-Icons seem to be missing, there it is completely empty as well.
Everything else seems to work though, and no message about any bugs or anything.

What i also noticed is, that the personal Bindstone shows a AF-Buff-icon instead of the normal bindstone-Icon, when placing it into the Menu.

After logging back into normal DAoC it all works well there still, logging back into Phoenix DAoC still has completely missing icons, while the files themselves are clearly there in the DAoC/icons-folder

Apart from that it seems to make no difference if one logs into EU1/EU2/EU3/US1/US2, the same characters are shown in List 0, List1 is empty, but it seems i cant create a character in List1, probably cause List0 is not filled up yet, so that's just a guess.

But no chance on playing, when the Skill-Icons arent there and can't be used.

I already tried to reinstall a completely new Camelot-folder without any change to this. Several attempts to login, logoff, change character and even change UI to derida did not affect this behaviour, even on Derida there exist no skill-icons for Weapon- and Bow-Skills.

Would be nice if there is a way to solve it..

Update:
I just placed the points of the Scout on level 2 into a weapon, and now got the *first* weaponskill, is it meant to be like that? That you have absolutely *no* weaponskill at all on level 1?!
To be honest, i think that this information totally belongs into the FAQ, as most likely i am not the only one who first tried hard to fix the game again to fix something, that probably wasnt broken at all...
Sat 13 Jul 2019 3:01 PM by Ashok
First time hering about this kind of behaviour.
Actually I did reinstall Windows recently, thus reinstalled Phoenix from scratch and did not had this type of issue.

Though great you found a "solution" and sharing it; we'll keep an eye on it.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 7:36 PM by Wolfir666
The problem is, when you start the character new from scratch, you are by now used to how it is on the standard DAoC-server..

Meaning weaponskills start with 1, you can use them also directly, also having something in the list with a scout/bow-class and all of that.. even when starting from scratch..

Since Phoenix obviously uses the skills from long long long ago there are no skills on level 1.. so you have to use autoattack to get to level 2..
... and if you dont know that, like me, who simply forgot how it was in daoc 18 years ago before they did change the skills and also changed the bow-classes (for the better, in my opinion) ...
... you then stumble over having completely empty lists of skills and wonder, if there was an issue with the installation and how to solve that..

By the way, another issue, that also applies, is, that the character/race-combination in the DAoC-character creation offers things, that obviously are not possible to create on Phoenix, still it is offered, not greyed out and such..
...so one also wonders then, if character creation in general isnt possible or why it sometimes lets you create a character and sometimes not.. ^^

Summed up easy to explain, but hard to first realize, when one is seeing the modern DAoC-layout and behind the curtains are the old skills/character-combinations
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics