Error: "Some files have to be manually updated, please see phoenix_wrong_files.txt"

Started 12 Jul 2019
by whamington
in Support Center
I've done everything according to your instructions and I still can't log in. I keep getting Error: "Some files have to be manually updated, please see phoenix_wrong_files.txt" So now what do I do?
Fri 12 Jul 2019 9:42 PM by Boltman
Delete your game.dll file and run camelot.exe to patch to live. Then run the Phoenix launcher and choose fix maps and fix crafting before logging in.

If this doesn't fix it completely, right click on the Phoenix launcher and choose Run as Administrator.

Hope this helps!
Fri 12 Jul 2019 10:06 PM by whamington
I have already used the right click on the Phoenix launcher and choose Run as Administrator many times. I have the error still. No change even after deleting game.dll I've clicked on the Phoenix Launcher without choosing run as administrator. Of course I can't even get to the fix maps and fix crafting part so thats academic at this point. I have the complete game downloaded. I've done everything. How do new players get by this part? Should I redownload the entire game? I don't mind but can't see what difference that would make. DAOC is a problem game to get running. Its been like that since 2001 but I still like it. But the hardest part of the game is and always has been getting the game started.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:00 AM by Boltman
Did you run camelot.exe to patch to live? Because that is what has to happen with the error about manually updating files. If you cant get that to work, then by all means uninstall and re-install the whole game to get the same result...

https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?t=5468#p57999
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:39 AM by whamington
(Did you run camelot.exe to patch to live?) Of course I did. So what I'm going to do next is uninstall and reinstall the entire DAOC client. If it still won't work then I don't know what else to do. I'll get back to you if it works.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 4:42 AM by whamington
After reinstalling the game I was able to log in finally. Thanks for all the help.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics