Critical Shot is unstealthing me

Started 10 Jul 2019
by cl0wn
in Support Center
Hey,

it doesnt happen always, but from time to time the second I press Critical Shot with my hunter I get unhidden while preparing that shot. This behaviour is reproducable, if I stop the preperation and start preparing again a few times I get unhidden after some tries.

I am wondering if that is intended?

Thank you
Wed 10 Jul 2019 12:51 PM by ExcretusMaximus
It has a chance to unstealth you based on your composite stealth level.
Wed 10 Jul 2019 1:05 PM by Sepplord
afaik all shots can unstealth you depending on your stealthspecc

with usual builds (as people always go for comp-stealth = their level) the chance to stay stealthed with normal shots goes up to 100% so it isn't noticed anymore
for critshot there was always a remaining chance, if it is higher than normal or not on phoenix i can't say...but it definitely isn't a custom change or deviation from daoc classic archery system that the chance to get unstealthed is there at all
Thu 11 Jul 2019 5:34 PM by Sleepwell
googleproftw

How does stealth and firing work?

STEALTH AND FIRING:

From Version 1.35 Release Notes

November 8, 2001

“Archer classes now have a chance of becoming visible when they nock their arrow. The way it worked up until now is that archers would always be invisible if they were using stealth until they fired their bow. Now, a skill check is performed when they “nock” their arrow. If they fail the check, they become visible. The chance to become visible is based on their specialization in Stealth. On normal (i.e. NOT critical shots), if they are 50% specc’ed in stealth, they will have a 50% chance of becoming visible; if they are 100% specc’ed, they will have a 100% chance of remaining hidden. On Critical Shots, the chance is the same as a normal shot, minus 20% – so an archer max specced in stealth will have an 80% of remaining hidden after nocking his bow. Please note that in all cases, an archer will become visible once the shot is actually fired.”
Fri 12 Jul 2019 1:11 AM by Cadebrennus
How Mythic/EA/Broadsword/Uthgard/Phoenix envision Archers:
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics