Re: Working Ui's for 1.124

Hi, i have been using an UI that i liked very much in the past but i don't remember after all these years how to further tune that... So i would like to know

(1) if it is easy to put a map replacement once you installed an UI ? Is that just a package to copy on directory and where to ?

(2) Is there a set of "Phoenix server" map replacement that would display unique to server bosses, relocated Named in NNF, relic cities, Thidranki zone and main custom spots ? Or was there/is there a way in DaoC maps to add your own pinpoints in game and name them ?

(3) Would map replacement be likely to fix 2 pb i have : (3.1) i can't select hence can't port to relic cities (3.2) i can't zoom in and out in maps - or this is a UI bug and not related to maps ?

Thanks for help !

Lipsi wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:57 am
(1) if it is easy to put a map replacement once you installed an UI ? Is that just a package to copy on directory and where to ?
(2) Is there a set of "Phoenix server" map replacement that would display unique to server bosses, relocated Named in NNF, relic cities, Thidranki zone and main custom spots ? Or was there/is there a way in DaoC maps to add your own pinpoints in game and name them ?
UI\custom\maps ...replacements should be found in this thread
Lipsi wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:57 am
(3) Would map replacement be likely to fix 2 pb i have : (3.1) i can't select hence can't port to relic cities (3.2) i can't zoom in and out in maps - or this is a UI bug and not related to maps ?
Zoom in/out is defined in dat file in maps-folder but it happens automatically and depends if there are information in the file.
Porting to I guess you meant merchant villages!?
There are three xml-files in the custom folder: realmwar_alb/hib/mid.xml maybe take those files from a working UI like mine ;)
Topenga ArtisanLegend - Unskilled (Alb) - Legendary Six
Saoihrse Ronan - Green Berries (Hib) - Legendary Six
Lootmilla TopengasDottir - Solaris (Mid) - Legendary Six

Fire, Ice and Melodies (Lyo/Alb) (Uth/Alb)

Need help? - Visit our Discord

Topenga wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:59 am

Porting to I guess you meant merchant villages!?
There are three xml-files in the custom folder: realmwar_alb/hib/mid.xml maybe take those files from a working UI like mine ;)
Thanks for the reply.
From what i understand, your UI is customized to Phoenix, and you took some pieces from Ochiba's UI. I'm using currently latest version of OchUI, to which i am very attached. Would you recommend trying to tune OchUI with custom maps and fixes or just remove it and install yours, while having a very similar look and experience (especially regarding Healer helper, compass/clock/RW shortcuts etc) ?

Well mine is a mixture of Och, Derida and my own modifications to my liking...

Actually you should wipe the old one and start with a new one to get rid of any garbage fragments
but as much as I would like to tell you to use mine I understand why you're addicted to OchUI,
because I was myself for a long time ;)

P.S. Where can I get the latest OchUI? Maybe I could modify the hell out of it :mrgreen:
Topenga ArtisanLegend - Unskilled (Alb) - Legendary Six
Saoihrse Ronan - Green Berries (Hib) - Legendary Six
Lootmilla TopengasDottir - Solaris (Mid) - Legendary Six

Fire, Ice and Melodies (Lyo/Alb) (Uth/Alb)

Need help? - Visit our Discord