Mouse Look & Mouse Pan

Started 15 Jan 2019
by Malyss
in Support Center
I have changed the settings in game to left click for mouse pan and right click for mouselook. I also enabled mouselook in Options.

But neither of them work.

I have deleted and redownloaded (and updated) DAoC.
I have deleted and reinstalled the Phoenix files.
I have checked that the mouse drivers are up to date (Logitech G300).

Mouselook & pan still won't work.

They do work on live and Uthgard.

Has anyone else had this problem or got any ideas that may help?
Wed 16 Jan 2019 12:13 AM by SpoonyBard
Malyss wrote:
Tue 15 Jan 2019 7:05 PM
I have changed the settings in game to left click for mouse pan and right click for mouselook. I also enabled mouselook in Options.

But neither of them work.

I have deleted and redownloaded (and updated) DAoC.
I have deleted and reinstalled the Phoenix files.
I have checked that the mouse drivers are up to date (Logitech G300).

Mouselook & pan still won't work.

They do work on live and Uthgard.

Has anyone else had this problem or got any ideas that may help?

I had this issue occurring but it was after I had fiddled in my keyboard settings. I also wasnt clicking accept after I reset to default in the bindings so it appeared to be an error or issue outside of the bindings.
Sat 19 Jan 2019 5:20 PM by Grisu
same issue here, mouselook doesnt funtion. have no clue whats the issue, works fine on live.
Sun 20 Jan 2019 1:41 PM by Malyss
It's a real shame as I won't be able to play unless this issue is resolved.

Grisu wrote: same issue here, mouselook doesnt funtion. have no clue whats the issue, works fine on live.

What mouse are you using?
Sun 20 Jan 2019 5:46 PM by Grisu
Malyss wrote:
Sun 20 Jan 2019 1:41 PM

Grisu wrote: same issue here, mouselook doesnt funtion. have no clue whats the issue, works fine on live.

hey dude,
i'm using a razor naga. u think it's a mouse problem ?
gr
Mon 21 Jan 2019 3:59 AM by Poca13
I don't have this issue, except for some times... Its spiratic and it normally works as it should, aside from when clicking both buttons (for moving forward as it does in live) it doesnt stop my character after i release both mouse buttons... they work as they should respectively, but not for turning off auto-run...
Mon 21 Jan 2019 12:59 PM by Malyss
Grisu wrote:
Malyss wrote:
Sun 20 Jan 2019 1:41 PM

hey dude,
i'm using a razor naga. u think it's a mouse problem ?
gr

I was wondering if it might be if the problem was common to Logitech G300s users only. But you're not using one.
You are using a razor device though and I use a Razor speed pad so I might try and see if the Razor software is causing the issue.
Mon 21 Jan 2019 3:20 PM by SpoonyBard
Do you have a spare mouse sitting around to test with? This would be the easiest thing to try first.
Mon 21 Jan 2019 4:29 PM by PingGuy
Mine works fine at home, with normal settings. But at work, where i have a left-handed mouse, the mouse look does not work. Even after trying to remap it in the menu, it still doesn't work. Using both mouse buttons works, but that is it. When I try to map it in the menu as a single mouse button, it records it as both mouse buttons. Otherwise the game seems to pick up the left-handed mouse just fine from the setting in Windows.
Mon 21 Jan 2019 5:11 PM by Grisu
SpoonyBard wrote:
Mon 21 Jan 2019 3:20 PM
Do you have a spare mouse sitting around to test with? This would be the easiest thing to try first.

I'll get one tomorrow and give it a try, it's defenitly worth it. I'll let u know if it worked, thx so far man
Tue 22 Jan 2019 6:55 PM by Malyss
I tried without my speedpad and had no Razor software running.
It's not that :-(

From PingGuys post it seems to be a mouse issue.
Unfortunately I can't use the helpful suggestion from SpoonyBard but it may be worth purchasing a spare mouse anyway.

I just need to know what mouse works with Phoenix.
Tue 22 Jan 2019 6:58 PM by PingGuy
Does it work properly if you reset to the MMO defaults?

I don't have any issues with a Right-Handed mouse setup, only with a Left-Handed mouse setup. Both systems are Windows 10, using el cheapo mice.

I never tried reassigning the buttons on the Right-Handed setup though, so that may be where the problem is.
Tue 22 Jan 2019 9:35 PM by Malyss
No luck there, I've tried resetting to the MMO defaults.
Wed 23 Jan 2019 6:15 PM by SpoonyBard
I have 5-6 different mice sitting around the house I could test with if needed, but I've only used one with DAOC.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Backlit-Programmable-Buttons-910-002864/dp/B0086UK7IQ

This works just fine for me.

If you end up buying another mouse to test in order to eliminate that as a problem, here's the cheapest one I could find:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/CableVantage-USB-Wired-Mini-3D-Optical-Scroll-Wheel-Mouse-Mice-for-PC-Laptop-Desktop-Black-Us/553629802?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=18089&adid=22222222227239232284&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=286025599874&wl4=pla-483030019667&wl5=9060327&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=125194449&wl11=online&wl12=553629802&wl13=&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4d6k1cGE4AIVhAmRCh0ePwfnEAQYBCABEgI-efD_BwE

Edit: it very well may not be a hardware problem - I just suggested the mouse swap because people generally have 1-2 laying around. It could be a software problem or a hardware/software problem. Working in IT, we just try to eliminate the easier test methods first.
Thu 24 Jan 2019 7:33 AM by kos
Hello,

I have the same Issue. I am left-handed and use my mouse also for left-handed.
when I want to use pan or mouselook it does not work right. When i want bind mouselook or pan on the rightclick it binds right+left click on it.
If I change in Windows to a right-handed mouse all works fine. Then I can bind pan and mouselook to a left and a right click. After change back to left-handed mouse in windows and start daoc the binding still available but not work.
Ih have WIndows 10 and test it on a Roccat and a Razor mouse.

On live i remember years ago this problem also exists. I think it was fixed with mojo and later with a newer Version from daoc.

Anyone know what can i do or it is allowed to use mojo to fix this issue?
Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:56 PM by PingGuy
It's definitely some kind of miscommunication between the DAoC client and Windows. It only happens when Windows is configured for the mouse to be left handed. In that case, DAoC reads the left button click (which should act like a traditional right button click) incorrectly. When trying to set a keybind, it reads that click as both buttons. But outside that keybind window, it does not. That part is very weird, as it's not consistent in different parts of the client. It should also be noted that the right mouse button works fine for targeting in this configuration, so there is no issue there.

I've been using the keyboard camera controls as a workaround, but that is really annoying. It doesn't help that this keyboard has an odd layout for some keys that makes the problem worse. In the end I just gave up and mapped the Mouse Look binding to the "V" key. It's not optimal, but it works better than my original workaround.

I'm an ambi mouse user, so I've resorted to using a right handed mouse on my gaming setup at home. It works better with WASD games anyway. But my work PC is setup for left-handed, and since I only play there once in a while, it's not a big deal.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 6:23 PM by PingGuy
So I got annoyed by having to remember to push the "V" key to do mouselook, and came up with a better solution. If you clear all the mappings for the mouse buttons, and then map Mouselook to clicking both mouse buttons, it's not too bad. Basically you lose the forward movement from clicking both buttons, but you can mouselook without using the keyboard on a left-handed setup.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 12:32 AM by chaoslord
Sorry to jump in on this, but it's related - a friend suggested I jump on here, played a tiny bit of DaoC ages ago, and WHO, so he thought I'd enjoy it. But I can't find a setting to invert the mouse - does it exist somewhere?
Thu 8 Aug 2019 12:26 PM by Idaho
chaoslord wrote: Sorry to jump in on this, but it's related - a friend suggested I jump on here, played a tiny bit of DaoC ages ago, and WHO, so he thought I'd enjoy it. But I can't find a setting to invert the mouse - does it exist somewhere?
i'd be interested to know how to do that also
Thu 8 Aug 2019 2:01 PM by Boltman
Invert mouselook is in the options screen that you get to from your character select screen.
Thu 8 Aug 2019 9:04 PM by Cadebrennus
Razer is famous for its hardware bricking.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics