Duo Suggestion for Midgard

Started 24 Jun 2019
by Tendrakar
in Midgard
Hi there,

my friend an i are planning on playing mid. Our first Idea was a BD Duo or a BD + SM Duo. is this a viable duo for PVE and RVR?

Tipps for Speccing are also welcome

Edit: Cave Schami + BD was also an Idea but dunno if this works well.
Mon 24 Jun 2019 1:01 PM by Bobbahunter
I think if one of you plays a Healer you’ll have more options RVR, little speed, mezz stuns. But Duo BDs for pve should be fine
Mon 24 Jun 2019 1:12 PM by dstrmberg
You will have a bad time without speed 6.

Skald + BD is the way to go ;-) Also nice with speed for fast leveling through kill tasks/task items.

BD: 47 supp 24 dark rest w/e
Skald: There are different specs, but a bit more parry might be nice for a duo, dunno.
Mon 24 Jun 2019 3:40 PM by Anelyn77
dstrmberg wrote:
Mon 24 Jun 2019 1:12 PM
You will have a bad time without speed 6.

Skald + BD is the way to go ;-) Also nice with speed for fast leveling through kill tasks/task items.

BD: 47 supp 24 dark rest w/e
Skald: There are different specs, but a bit more parry might be nice for a duo, dunno.

That won't be true with NF around the corner, caster spd / realm speed or just sprinting is enough if you know where to go for action to not get in path of BG's / FG's and just fight other duo / small men.

If you want casters tho, I'd go with RM + SM instead of bd, caster speed, NS, bolts, cold debuff, roots, good RA's, aoe + pbaoe mezz, demezz, 1 good pet etc. You can kite, extend, etc.

PS: if you guys need a great chill / relax guild with great leaders, great RvR let me know, poke me on my healer Bnotashamed in game, will be on in about 6h from now and for most of the week.

/Bnotashamed pac healer + Aicha mentalist
Mon 24 Jun 2019 5:38 PM by phixion
Save yourself a giant headache later on and just go Hibernia, Bard+Whatever will destroy anything else.
Tue 25 Jun 2019 5:17 AM by Ceen
Yeah bard + caster and zergsurf is the way to go. Simple easy rewarding.
Tue 25 Jun 2019 5:23 AM by Lillebror
For god sake, stop suggest to everyone that they should roll Skald, Thane (solo) or BD.
9/10 that comes out of a PK is this or stealthers.
Tue 25 Jun 2019 5:53 AM by Ceen
Lillebror wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 5:23 AM
For god sake, stop suggest to everyone that they should roll Skald, Thane (solo) or BD.
Because in OF that's the only viable way to solo, stealth or speed 6. Can't blame anyone for that.
If you have such good statistics about what comes out of PK you are most likely a stealther yourself - gotcha.
Tue 25 Jun 2019 6:41 AM by gotwqqd
Ceen wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 5:53 AM
Lillebror wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 5:23 AM
Because in OF that's the only viable way to solo, stealth or speed 6. Can't blame anyone for that.
If you have such good statistics about what comes out of PK you are most likely a stealther yourself - gotcha.
Well considering OF is history...

But if mid it is as others suggested give yourself at least caster speed.
RM & Shammy?
Tue 25 Jun 2019 6:49 AM by Erok
Have had a lot of success with skald + thane duo, and skald thane warrior trio. Have pretty much been able to handle any combination if play is right, except minst friar reaver is a tough one.
Tue 25 Jun 2019 7:19 AM by dstrmberg
phixion wrote:
Mon 24 Jun 2019 5:38 PM
Save yourself a giant headache later on and just go Hibernia, Bard+Whatever will destroy anything else.

What is the Whatever class you are talking about that is supposed to be good?
Tue 25 Jun 2019 7:22 AM by dstrmberg
Ceen wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 5:17 AM
Yeah bard + caster and zergsurf is the way to go. Simple easy rewarding.

Hib casters are bad! They SEEM great but I have never been nuked ridiculously hard by one here. Resist debuffs are only great when you meet enemies with resist buffs.

Alb casters on the other hand, DAT baseline LT.

Sorry, a bit off-topic.
Tue 25 Jun 2019 7:26 AM by dstrmberg
Erok wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 6:49 AM
Have had a lot of success with skald + thane duo, and skald thane warrior trio. Have pretty much been able to handle any combination if play is right, except minst friar reaver is a tough one.

Add a BD or SM to that grp and you will be good to kill almost all trios ;-)

I.e. Skald + Thane + BD/SM or Skald + Warrior + BD/SM
Tue 25 Jun 2019 7:50 AM by Algarakai
Skald + shaman
Tue 25 Jun 2019 9:22 AM by dstrmberg
Algarakai wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 7:50 AM
Skald + shaman

Shaman is a useless class. Please do not recommend it to anyone! Big disservice.
Tue 25 Jun 2019 10:00 AM by Algarakai
fAKE NEWS!!!!
Tue 25 Jun 2019 12:43 PM by phixion
dstrmberg wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 7:19 AM
phixion wrote:
Mon 24 Jun 2019 5:38 PM

What is the Whatever class you are talking about that is supposed to be good?

BM, Eldritch, Enchanter, Hero... Whatever does damage really.

If you like to do the fight picking rather than being chased down by 8 mans, go Hib.
Tue 25 Jun 2019 3:15 PM by shintacki
As a Hib I assure you I get chased down by 8mans plenty, but I take your point that I don't have to deal with amnesia and I am grateful for that.
Tue 25 Jun 2019 7:21 PM by dstrmberg
Algarakai wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 10:00 AM
fAKE NEWS!!!!

Please explain why shaman is good?
Wed 26 Jun 2019 7:53 AM by Algarakai
Bolt+Root+Disease+DOT
Nice buff, Some healing abilities
With a fellow Skald, it s bread and butter
Wed 26 Jun 2019 11:32 AM by dstrmberg
Algarakai wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 7:53 AM
Bolt+Root+Disease+DOT
No, not possible to have GOOD heals + buffs + cave at the same time. Myth BUSTED! Even if high cave you will not do any damage compared to an actual dps class like savage.

Algarakai wrote:
Nice buff
Shaman dies and skald lose all buffs. Buffpotion > shaman in a duo. Myth BUSTED!

Algarakai wrote:
Some healing abilities

Ok, but healer is better at healing with instas. Healer has got mezz and stuns as well as root. Similar DPS as shaman if healer melees (Bad DPS).

So why is shaman good again?

If you want DPS bring a savage/zerker/bd/sm/warrior/thane
If you want CC and heals you get a healer.

I see so many shammies and it is really depressing. Brings nothing to the table. A "Meh" class really. It would be a required class if buffpotion didnt exist, but buffpotion removes that requirement completely (do the calculations yourself, you will see).
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:38 AM by Algarakai
Disagree!!!!
The duo, Skald+Shaman, is complementary
Skald git speedsong + mezz + 2hand weapon swing , shaman got buff , Disease ,root and quite nice DoT
Trrust me, i ve play my skald with a old friend shaman, and we had killed several small group together (3 or 4 ppl)
Thu 27 Jun 2019 8:28 AM by dstrmberg
Algarakai wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:38 AM
Disagree!!!!
The duo, Skald+Shaman, is complementary
Skald git speedsong + mezz + 2hand weapon swing , shaman got buff , Disease ,root and quite nice DoT
Trrust me, i ve play my skald with a old friend shaman, and we had killed several small group together (3 or 4 ppl)

Anecdotal evidence is of limited value. What if those 3-4 players are just bad and could have been soloed by a good BD? Or soloed by the skald?

Im actually for giving the shaman some love due to the limited utility it brings, but that discussion is for another thread.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 11:14 AM by Algarakai
". What if those 3-4 players are just bad "
Maybe, why not, it s possible after all
but i m just saying that, from my own experience, there s a real synergy between this two character class,
And it works good
Thu 27 Jun 2019 11:21 AM by Ceen
Skald + BD fits Midgard no brain 111 tactics best =)
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:26 PM by Runental
Cave shamy + Healer or Healer + RM to strooongzzz.
If there weren't the problem with the speed
If one day an official 2v2 knockout tournament comes up, I'll definitely play the first setup!
Tue 2 Jul 2019 11:16 AM by dstrmberg
Ceen wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 11:21 AM
Skald + BD fits Midgard no brain 111 tactics best =)

It is not, its the best mid duo if you want to max out.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics