BD RvR Specc Solo / Smallmen

Started 19 Jun 2019
by Sepplord
in Midgard
I still have a BD sitting around at 50 unspecced, that i am unsure what to do with...

Initially i made him as farming toon, but i have no interest in that anymore, so i want to try him out in RvR. I mostly solo/Smallmen and might join a keep-BG now and then.

What speccs should i be looking at to do that?

22dark for first body debuff, 49Supp?
47Supp Rest Dark?

or something without Supp?

i am a complete noob regarding Bonedancers, so feel free to ELI5 everything
Wed 19 Jun 2019 7:41 AM by dstrmberg
47 supp is a must (higher is not worth it)
22 dark is a must

So lock 47 supp, lock 22 dark and distribute remaining points as you see fit (doesnt really matter probably?).
Wed 19 Jun 2019 2:25 PM by Sepplord
sounds reasonable...no one objecting? )
Wed 19 Jun 2019 4:34 PM by Stoertebecker
I would go supp only for solo.

I`m still running 48 dark, rest supp in small/fullgroup...works.
Thu 20 Jun 2019 8:47 AM by dstrmberg
Stoertebecker wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 4:34 PM

How is the DPS in this spec compared to a RC RM? The survivability is low and the damage can easily be blocked by CCing pets (and BD do not get cure mezz on pets here). Even if it works it could be replaced by a better class probably?!
Thu 20 Jun 2019 9:18 AM by Stoertebecker
dstrmberg wrote:
Thu 20 Jun 2019 8:47 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:

How is the DPS in this spec compared to a RC RM? The survivability is low and the damage can easily be blocked by CCing pets (and BD do not get cure mezz on pets here). Even if it works it could be replaced by a better class probably?!

I don`t really rely on my pets, if they`re free...fine, if not....still ok. I play as a rupter not as a primary dd, but i can take the place of a dd, better as a supp-bd.

Bonedancers are a very neutered class here on phoenix, but still playable. Depends what you wanna do.
Even the healpets are nerfed, and the dark-casters originally did cold damage, not body.

https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=38851
Thu 20 Jun 2019 9:37 AM by dstrmberg
Stoertebecker wrote:
Thu 20 Jun 2019 9:18 AM
dstrmberg wrote:
Stoertebecker wrote:

I don`t really rely on my pets, if they`re free...fine, if not....still ok. I play as a rupter not as a primary dd, but i can take the place of a dd, better as a supp-bd.

Bonedancers are a very neutered class here on phoenix, but still playable. Depends what you wanna do.
Even the healpets are nerfed, and the dark-casters originally did cold damage, not body.

Ok, I thought you relied on body debuff + pet nukes to do some good DPS.
Thu 20 Jun 2019 9:43 AM by Stoertebecker
dstrmberg wrote:
Thu 20 Jun 2019 9:37 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Thu 20 Jun 2019 9:18 AM
dstrmberg wrote:

Ok, I thought you relied on body debuff + pet nukes to do some good DPS.

It`s an option, a nice one if the pets are available, but just an option
Thu 20 Jun 2019 9:46 AM by dstrmberg
2 healer pets + Jinxer with disease and 30% ASD (!) seems to be the way to go with supp spec anyways. So if supp you should probably go 24 dark also.

Another interesting feature of supp BD is the ABS buff.. It's great for non-casters (and my SM pet) in group as well. :-)
Thu 20 Jun 2019 12:00 PM by Stoertebecker
dstrmberg wrote:
Thu 20 Jun 2019 9:46 AM
2 healer pets + Jinxer with disease and 30% ASD (!) seems to be the way to go with supp spec anyways. So if supp you should probably go 24 dark also.

Another interesting feature of supp BD is the ABS buff.. It's great for non-casters (and my SM pet) in group as well. :-)

Your 30% asd makes only sense if you`re fighting groups with a melee setup, while the dark-caster casts a dd + snare (which causes no snare-immunity) affects all targets.

The absorb buff is superb

Splitspec would be another option.
Mon 24 Jun 2019 8:47 AM by dstrmberg
Stoertebecker wrote:
Thu 20 Jun 2019 12:00 PM
dstrmberg wrote:

Your 30% asd makes only sense if you`re fighting groups with a melee setup, while the dark-caster casts a dd + snare (which causes no snare-immunity) affects all targets.

A stealther that gets 30% asd + disease will be free RPs (when soloing).
Mon 24 Jun 2019 9:18 AM by Stoertebecker
dstrmberg wrote:
Mon 24 Jun 2019 8:47 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Thu 20 Jun 2019 12:00 PM
dstrmberg wrote:

A stealther that gets 30% asd + disease will be free RPs (when soloing).

Depending on the situation mhm? Casting both would take the pet 4-5s. If the sneak lands pa + cd you`re nearly dead, no matter what spec, meanwhile the 2 heal-pets playing poker until they start healing the diseased bd. Sooooo much paper daoc
Mon 24 Jun 2019 10:16 AM by Anelyn77
BDs aren't and will never be at live level as far as survival or 1vs3 (lol) on phoenix.

You will be amazing in small men, and great in 8m, be it tri spec or 2 spec (BA can kick some serious stuff in keep sieges tho, keep in mind).

But you are far from the unkillable / kill last as it was on live. As long as you learn your limitations, and even more relay them to your small men / 8m so they know what you can do, and when you need help etc, you will have tons of fun.

/Bnotashamed Pac healer 4L7 + Aicha mentalist 5L5 = love
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics