DARKSPIRE helpers

Started 17 Jun 2019
by Bobbahunter
in Midgard
I've been doing darkspire a lot lately and trying to get 1 DS rookie guildy through it when they can go. But even if not a quild member then someone that needs it.

I have seen so much patience from a lot of people going through DS that are helping others get through this encounter. But I just wanted to let people know that experience is key and yes I know you say you cant get experience if you cant go But Experience does not mean on the toon you want to run through it. Just knowing the encounters is half the battle and I would recommend first timers use a Melee DPS toon like a Savage or Bezerker or a Skald if you have AOTG. And a Thane is decent DPS once the debuff goes off cast away for 300-400 dmg per cast. Healers and Shaman don't need to be fully tempted you just need to have max power and the right specs. MDPS make sure your doing max dmg. The only one than really needs to be Fully tempted would be the Tank because its just a beating block for the mobs. Dont get me wrong though, fully tempted will make things easier and a piece of mind.

But a special thank you to
Mizz
Tenaciousbuffs
Schnupf
Hiberniaxexiler
and so many others that are willing to take the time to show someone new the encounter.

A well experienced group can run through DS in 45-1hour
A group with new people (especially the PACH) will take over 2 hrs. New Shaman 1.5 hrs Both new 3 hrs

In my opinion the hardest characters to play in DS are in this order

1 Pac Healer
2 Shammy
3 Tank
4 Aug Healer
5 MDPS

I ran one group with a untemped Pach, Sklad and Shaman but they new the encounters from completing it in another realm, Only took 1.5 hour to do...
Mon 17 Jun 2019 2:49 PM by Dominus
just completed my 25th DS run on my zerker and yes, MDPS is an excellent way to break-into doing DS. In fact, my Zerker was specifically made to farm DS instead of the drudgery of doing TG. Just make sure that you take the time to RvR so you can spec for max DPS.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 4:25 PM by Tarticus74
I got 6 or 7 completions now and never took over an hour most around 35 to 45 mins per run.

I have run in groups with the people listed above and they are amazing always played MDPS on my SB as they do decent damage in DS and with ticks for poison and crafted dot like I have can help melt the mobs.

You need a pac and a Shamny that deffo know what they are doing first timers can learn with Somone explaining the encounter but they got to lean somewhere I'm happy to run with people learning because as others have said how else do you learn
Mon 17 Jun 2019 5:35 PM by Torye
Every time I've been on the call goes out for ds people with experience only. I'll have to try to get on during euro times to get through it.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 6:42 PM by Tarticus74
Just to add I did one run with a Pac healer that was new can't remember the name but was very smooth and excellent work from the PAC with Somone talking through it and people listening and not panicking can be done no issues
Tue 18 Jun 2019 2:45 PM by Anelyn77
I'll happily take you on the Pac Healer challenge for DS, fully temped, never been to DS cause peeps only want experienced (see previous thread with Mura and you offering to help, then me loosing interest in it). Will be available this weekend.

/Bnotashamed R4L6 pac healer + Aicha RR2LX lvl 41 mentalist = LOVE!
Tue 18 Jun 2019 5:36 PM by Navelator
Bobbahunter wrote: I've been doing darkspire a lot lately and trying to get 1 DS rookie guildy through it when they can go. But even if not a quild member then someone that needs it.

I have seen so much patience from a lot of people going through DS that are helping others get through this encounter. But I just wanted to let people know that experience is key and yes I know you say you cant get experience if you cant go But Experience does not mean on the toon you want to run through it. Just knowing the encounters is half the battle and I would recommend first timers use a Melee DPS toon like a Savage or Bezerker or a Skald if you have AOTG. And a Thane is decent DPS once the debuff goes off cast away for 300-400 dmg per cast. Healers and Shaman don't need to be fully tempted you just need to have max power and the right specs. MDPS make sure your doing max dmg. The only one than really needs to be Fully tempted would be the Tank because its just a beating block for the mobs. Dont get me wrong though, fully tempted will make things easier and a piece of mind.

But a special thank you to
Mizz
Tenaciousbuffs
Schnupf
Hiberniaxexiler
and so many others that are willing to take the time to show someone new the encounter.

A well experienced group can run through DS in 45-1hour
A group with new people (especially the PACH) will take over 2 hrs. New Shaman 1.5 hrs Both new 3 hrs

In my opinion the hardest characters to play in DS are in this order

1 Pac Healer
2 Shammy
3 Tank
4 Aug Healer
5 MDPS

I ran one group with a untemped Pach, Sklad and Shaman but they new the encounters from completing it in another realm, Only took 1.5 hour to do...

Haha Bobba, just randomly found this post ^^ <-- Schnupf here. I can confirm the "hardest" list. Especially the pac healer is very hard at first, since you have to do 5-6 things at the same time. I would recommend only taking 1-2 new people in one run, definitly only 1 in critical positions pac/tank/shami and 1 mdps. If you take your time and explain to them what they should do it mostly works. That said, i love how many people actually take time to help newcomers, not naming any names but there are some douches also ... everybody who ran a few times know what people im talking about hope we run again soon
Tue 18 Jun 2019 8:35 PM by Dominus
God Bless German Efficiency!
Thu 20 Jun 2019 1:07 AM by Weaponz
I’ve heard that shadowzerk with at least mop 9 are totally viable for mdps, can someone confirm?
Thu 20 Jun 2019 3:29 AM by knarfknarf
Shadow zerk def an option for dps, doesn’t even need mop 9 imo. Did a ds run today with 3 shadowblades. Went fine.
Thu 20 Jun 2019 10:40 PM by Tarticus74
Shadowblades are fine in DS templated and with a bit of a RR helps but I would suggest that they are LA specced.

I'm 44 LA and RR6 nearly 7 and MOP 7 and I don't have an issue with DPS also run Dot main hand proc and offhand that stack so all helps.

Zerker is great DPS and also savage but be careful on one boss with savage due to quad hits and breaking mezz etc
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics