Skald Attributes

Started 3 Jun 2019
by boarder981
in Midgard
Think I’m going to make a Skald as my first character on Phoenix. I really like Trolls, but would also consider Kobold.

What attribute allocation is typical at character creation, and what would you do differently for the two races mentioned above? Also, does Dex do anything for Skalds aside from parry rate?
Tue 4 Jun 2019 1:17 AM by Anelyn77
I'd go 10 str, 10 con, 10 charisma as general good distribution. Or you can forego con, and do 15 str/10 charisma. Dex does help with parry, but even if you solo, you will get most of your parry from your spec + 11 + RR + eventually if you feel you need it MoParry.

Pretty much size, and trolls will hit a bit harder and have more hp.
Tue 4 Jun 2019 5:27 AM by REVOLTE
Whats really optimal depends on many factors.
Mainly if you plan to solo/duo/smallman/8v8/zerglul.

please elaborate further on the purpose of your char so we can give proper advice.
Tue 4 Jun 2019 1:14 PM by Joc
If you are going to run with an 8 man I would go Norse or lobby since you are the interrupt class with shamans. If you are going solo I would go troll since you will want the extra HP and damage.

10cha, 10str for both. 10 con or quick is nice too for both. With full buffs I'm not certain if a kobby hits 250 quick? Maybe someone that knows can elaborate on that part.
Tue 4 Jun 2019 9:57 PM by boarder981
REVOLTE wrote:
Tue 4 Jun 2019 5:27 AM
Whats really optimal depends on many factors.
Mainly if you plan to solo/duo/smallman/8v8/zerglul.

please elaborate further on the purpose of your char so we can give proper advice.

I wouldn’t say I plan to have a specific purpose for this character. Doubt I’d do much soloing, but possibly duo with a friend. I’m sure I’d do some 8v8 or zerging.

Joc wrote: If you are going to run with an 8 man I would go Norse or lobby since you are the interrupt class with shamans.

Can you please explain why Norse/Kobold would be better for interrupts? Aren’t most Skald spells insta-cast?
Wed 5 Jun 2019 12:22 AM by Joc
I was only referring to quickness. The faster the swing speed of your weapon can be important. You will interrupt with you're weapon and dds both.
Wed 5 Jun 2019 10:41 PM by dreginkt
I would go 10 str, con, quick. More damage, faster swings and health. Cha is a BS stat, I think if you max Cha its like a 3% dmg increase for your shouts so don't do that.
Thu 6 Jun 2019 3:03 AM by boarder981
dreginkt wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 10:41 PM
I would go 10 str, con, quick. More damage, faster swings and health. Cha is a BS stat, I think if you max Cha its like a 3% dmg increase for your shouts so don't do that.

Does Cha affect to-hit for shouts? Couldn’t the same argument be used for Str/Con/Qui? In the end, I bet an extra 10 points in any one stat doesn’t make all that much difference.
Thu 6 Jun 2019 7:55 AM by REVOLTE
boarder981 wrote:
Thu 6 Jun 2019 3:03 AM
dreginkt wrote:

Does Cha affect to-hit for shouts? Couldn’t the same argument be used for Str/Con/Qui? In the end, I bet an extra 10 points in any one stat doesn’t make all that much difference.

Cha does NOT affect to-hit for shouts.
100% guaranteed.

as for stats.....id recommend going 15 str, 10 qui. works on all races. (IF you go for kob, make sure to run with your small shield out and avoid skald epic skin )
Thu 6 Jun 2019 1:10 PM by dreginkt
boarder981 wrote:
Thu 6 Jun 2019 3:03 AM
dreginkt wrote:

Cha does not impact to-hit. And actually according to the other thread it's like a 1.2% dmg difference between 0 and 75 cha. I think it impacts power pool too but it's really not useful, you will get more out of str and quick in terms of damage.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics