Savage RVR/PVE Spec#1

Started 23 Apr 2019
by Thyestefles
in Midgard
Looking for Savage RVR and PVE spec and why they are the best. What race and starting stats?
Mon 29 Apr 2019 4:53 AM by Thyestefles
No one has any advice?
Mon 29 Apr 2019 3:31 PM by Mavella
44h2h/49sav/rest parry or 50h2h/40sav/rest parry. Probably best off with Troll or Norse using 10str/con/dex
Tue 30 Apr 2019 12:28 PM by Kappu
If you go Troll put points into 10 strength and 15 quickness. Dex is the primary stat so you don't need to add anything to it as it raises each level, strength is secondary and quickness will get you closer to swing speed cap. Kobold you'd go 15 strength and 10 constitution.

I personally like 44 H2H 49 Savagery. There are lots of arguments as to whether you quad more with 50 HTH, but nobody has any data that has proven this to be true.

If you like 2H then go Hammer and I'd probably spec the same 44/49.

I think any race is fine as a Savage and all have their merits. You can go 2H on any of the races the argument here will be that as a Troll you'll get Aug Quick and as a Kobold you'd get Aug Strength so in the end Damage Over Time will basically scale the same. I do however think you lose a ton of burst potential not going H2H.

The worst part about being a Savage is that you get absolutely no snare unless you go 2H. I think this is a huge injustice considering almost every class have access to a snare in every weapon skill line.
Tue 30 Apr 2019 4:48 PM by kratoxin
what are the best weapons for H2H savage currently?
Wed 1 May 2019 12:28 PM by Kappu
Dragonfang (thrust) and Paw of the Wulfen (slash) are the best weapons you can buy with feathers. The other option is crafted 4.0 weapons. You can also make a weaponless template without breaking the bank which includes +11 Parry and Savagery. I didn't spend over 300 gold on any individual jewelry item and using 99% crafted armor. The templates on this server with the ROG's are super easy if you're willing to skim through the merchant and pick what you need.

P.S. joking about the Savagery don't wanna trigger anyone
Thu 2 May 2019 12:29 PM by kratoxin
Yea i made my template weaponless too, with only 3 crafted. thanks for the info! was hopeing there was a disease weapon guess i hope for to much lol
Tue 2 Jul 2019 10:19 PM by Weaponz
Hey guys sorry to resuscitate this post but for darkspire , the loss of dps from 2h Instead of h2h is big? Really not worth 2h in ds?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics