Shaman RVR/PVE Spec

Started 18 Apr 2019
by Thyestefles
in Midgard
Looking for Shaman RVR and PVE spec and why they are the best.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:31 AM by dudis
PvE:

47 Aug, 26 mend.
Best buffs, decent heals, group frigg.

RvR:
You can play around with the points for your RvR spec, but always have at least 37 aug and 27 cave. Examples below:

43 aug, 31 cave, 9 mending <- My prefered spec
Decent buffs, especially with some investment in MotArcane, red heat resist and endo.
All the cave you'll ever need in a full group
Access to cures

43 aug, 27 cave, 18 mending
Worse AOE root than above, slightly better heals. Smallman spec really...

37 (or 38) Aug, 37 Cave, rest mending.
Slightly better damage than above. Smallman and siege/zerg spec.

Cave for both PvE and RvR:
46 Cave (best DOT)
26 Aug (run a +75 dex/qui item charge)
10 Mending (for cures)

Can also drop mending if you want the slightly better dex/qui buff at 28 aug, but having access to the cures AND having better stats with a charge makes the spec above far superior.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 8:04 AM by Arykin
Which RA's dou you guys recommend for cave shaman? ty :-)
Thu 18 Apr 2019 8:33 AM by dudis
Wild power should be the main focus on any class that relies on DOTs. Other than that;

LW and Tireless 1 are must-haves for perma-sprint
Purge 1 to clear nearsights/mezzes if solo
Ichor 1 is nice for solo 1vX etc
MCL 1 can occasionally be useful in drawn out siges/gate fights
Serenity 1 is good value for the single point it costs you.
MoF 1 maybe
Really though, just invest as much as possible in Wild Power.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 9:56 AM by Arykin
tyvm!
Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:43 PM by Kappu
If you are grouping then it's not worth going to far into the Cave line.

I'd suggest

38 Aug this gives you Yellow Specs and Resists.
27 Cave this gives you two bolts to clear pets and also the first insta AOE disease that you don't care if it sticks since it's an interupt.
27 Mend this gives you a Major Restoration that is twice the heal than your base line Minor Heal with the same power consumption and the same value heal as your base Heal at half the cost. You also get the first Group Frig which is great and shouldn't be underestimated also the next single target Frig.

This spec also leaves you with 0 Spec points. You're a utility class in this game and spec'ing deep into one specialization takes that utility away from you. You're not a damage class unless you are solo/duo or zerg surfing and at that rate nobody likes someone who AOE DOT's the other zerg and breaks mezz and root.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 12:40 PM by kratoxin
38 aug & 37 cave good for pve farming and 8man/zerging? so i don't have to respec all the time?
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:17 PM by Kappu
kratoxin wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 12:40 PM
38 aug & 37 cave good for pve farming and 8man/zerging? so i don't have to respec all the time?

I think this is probably fine. Just don't be that guy AOE DoTin' the zerg and groups when mezzed LOL.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:20 PM by kratoxin
Kappu wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:17 PM
kratoxin wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 12:40 PM

I think this is probably fine. Just don't be that guy AOE DoTin' the zerg and groups when mezzed LOL.

hahaha THAT GUY! nah aoe dot will be all over my bars!!! jk jk
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:08 PM by FFpheonix
I just started playing Shaman this week and I was the 27/38/27 spec but in a small man I wasn't really doing my job. I'm feeling my way through the Class but the way my group needs me to play is Main Interrupter and Backlines Disease/Rooter.

I'm currently 9/38/37 and It's a very strong spec, I limit my AoE roots and focus on single targets. If I need to AoE interrupt I use AoE Disease or AoE DoT. If we ran an Aug/Mend Shaman I would respec to 46 Sub for the higher DPS.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics