Dads of Midgard

Started 5 Apr 2019
by Nesnahoj
in Midgard
Life being what it is, I tend to work long days and then kick it with my kid when I get home. It's a nice little routine, but it leaves me only like an hour to play (8 pm pst for anyone that's curious). Is there anyone else struggling to play and find groups this late at night?

I'm even in a couple guilds on my toons but that's not helping much lol.

Not trying to sound salty, by the by. Just something I'm curious about.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:36 PM by Kampfar
I only play one evening per week and only with a bit luck. Thats why i rolled skald. Some pots and u can cruise the frontiers. And tbh i dont even lfg. Sometimes i go with my guild if they got a slot over. Playing EU times.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:43 PM by cere2
I would suggest making a solo/duo type toon that you can find action within an hours time.
SB/hunter combo is nasty. Can choose your battles...
Or if you like playing visi, BD/Healer combo is nasty too. Harder to choose battles, will get insta amnesia from bards and be hosed but still can have a good time if you can get away from MG's etc.

This is all assuming you mean for RvR. If your talking leveling up?
I'd just make a plan each night on what kill task mobs you'll do each night etc.
Shouldn't take more than a few weeks playin an hour a night to hit 50 if planned well.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:56 PM by Nesnahoj
cere2 wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:43 PM
I would suggest making a solo/duo type toon that you can find action within an hours time.
Or if you like playing visi, BD/Healer combo is nasty too. Harder to choose battles, will get insta amnesia from bards and be hosed but still can have a good time if you can get away from MG's etc.

I'd just make a plan each night on what kill task mobs you'll do each night etc.
Shouldn't take more than a few weeks playin an hour a night to hit 50 if planned well.

Yeah I'm talking about leveling.

I just feel lame for not leveling a group took, dig? Like, I have my bd and my sb (sub lvl 20) but i feel lame for not grouping in that optimal setting. But then again, given my non-optimal hours of availability i should just shut up and take what I can get.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 5:03 PM by cere2
Nesnahoj wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:56 PM
cere2 wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 4:43 PM

Yeah I'm talking about leveling.

I just feel lame for not leveling a group took, dig? Like, I have my bd and my sb (sub lvl 20) but i feel lame for not grouping in that optimal setting. But then again, given my non-optimal hours of availability i should just shut up and take what I can get.

I haven't leveled one of my toons grouped. I tried with Ani, but honestly felt like solo was faster. Up to 30 I did kill tasks/phoenix eggs. After 30, say I'm playin hib, If realm task was invade alb or mid, Id port there, die. Release and back to next kill task. went quite fast for me. Even after hitting 40 I would get atleast half a level in an hour.
40+ I would try to get 3 of the 4 realm task bonuses in the hour. Just faster than trying to farm at that point imo. Good time to work on crafting in the 15 min windows
Fri 5 Apr 2019 6:16 PM by Dreldan
Sounds like we're in a similar situation. I am also PST time zone and i get up for work at 4 am which means by the time the kids are going to bed i'm also dozing off. I also share my computer with my 12 year old so i am very limited on time i get to play so it is very frustrating when you can't find a group or you get one but it takes for ever to get started and then as you all get to your location someone suddenly needs to go. I've just learned to live with it and i never get my hopes up. I've made a 50 SB (tebui) and a 50 SM (Drella) so far and I'm working on getting my SB temped. I would enjoy it if i could find some other stealthers to rvr with regularly as i'm still learning and without being temped have a tough time soloing. Doesn't seem like anyone runs solo out in the frontiers so i'm always outmatched by groups.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 10:20 PM by woody
i thought this was going to be a new guild name haha
Fri 5 Apr 2019 10:38 PM by Nesnahoj
woody wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 10:20 PM
i thought this was going to be a new guild name haha

I mean if I ever ding 50 I'll get right on it haha
Sat 6 Apr 2019 1:38 AM by Hodge
Here I thought this was a new guild! I would join if so. I play only at nights EST.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 5:51 AM by Kampfar
For leveling its also good to check xp-items in phoenix wiki. Nice boost and while getting the Items u automatically fill personal tasks.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 7:22 AM by Clartiex
Dreldan wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 6:16 PM
Sounds like we're in a similar situation. I am also PST time zone and i get up for work at 4 am which means by the time the kids are going to bed i'm also dozing off. I also share my computer with my 12 year old so i am very limited on time i get to play so it is very frustrating when you can't find a group or you get one but it takes for ever to get started and then as you all get to your location someone suddenly needs to go. I've just learned to live with it and i never get my hopes up. I've made a 50 SB (tebui) and a 50 SM (Drella) so far and I'm working on getting my SB temped. I would enjoy it if i could find some other stealthers to rvr with regularly as i'm still learning and without being temped have a tough time soloing. Doesn't seem like anyone runs solo out in the frontiers so i'm always outmatched by groups.

I wont be on today until after 6 PM central time, but Monday hit me up man. I'll group with you, and I know a lot of sneaks on mid that run groups that wouldnt mind helping you out. Just gotta get in the right /as ^.^
Sat 6 Apr 2019 7:18 PM by reptar
I'm in the same situation. I don't have trouble leveling - they have a great system here. My main trouble is at 50. I can't commit in good faith to joining a TG raid (or any other) because my kids wake up and sometimes I have to fix things for work. So I'm featherless and missing out on some great armor. Trying to figure out a way around that but haven't had any luck.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 8:03 AM by randomeclipse
You have to make that guild - or even Parents of Midgard 👌.

I’m in the same boat though, but we wouldn’t have it any other way would we? Sure I’d like more time to game and less wife aggro for gaming but that’s life - we’re not 21 any longer. I also bought the wife an XBO, which has helped 😬.

My main problem is TG raids atm as they tend to run at the time I’m putting the small person to bed, or in the early hours of the morning. It’d be really useful if there was a calendar of sorts on the website.... 🤔.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 2:46 PM by reptar
I saw a guild called "Dad Bod" earlier.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 5:02 PM by randomeclipse
reptar wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 2:46 PM
I saw a guild called "Dad Bod" earlier.

Are they recruiting? 😬
Sat 13 Apr 2019 2:59 PM by Shadowblade1
What class are you maining?
Sat 20 Apr 2019 8:09 PM by randomeclipse
Shadowblade1 wrote:
Sat 13 Apr 2019 2:59 PM
What class are you maining?

Maining a Sham, but already guilded....for now 😕.
Thu 25 Apr 2019 2:06 PM by brewtus23
Hey there I am a single father of 12 and 13 yr old boys. Between taking care of them and work I try to get in as much play time as I can. Luckily my 12 yr old loves the game and actually plays a pac healer. I am currently the GM of the guild Rampage. Any of you dads or moms of midgard that need a guild please hit me up in game on my main toon Bain lvl 50 skald. We are actively recruiting and we are also in the process of lvling up stealthers. We are a laid back group of old time players who love this game and looking to meet new and old players to have as much fun as we can while this game is still active. We are active in RvR and we are able to run all pve events as a guild. We have dropped the dragon, Legion and Nosdoden with 3 groups. We are running the new instance dungeon also for feathers as well. Hit me up let's have some fun!!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics