deciding on which hammer to buy for skald

Started 17 Mar 2019
by Icykoz
in Midgard
Shld i get dragon storm or dragon shadow 2h hammer for skald?

Also which anytime style to use for rvr?

Thanks in advance, hugs
Sun 17 Mar 2019 2:07 PM by Mura
I can't remember which hammer is which, but you'll want to avoid the dot procs on your hammer, and typically provoke is the anytime I use if I can't get behind somebody to spam conquer / sledgehammer.
Sun 17 Mar 2019 4:00 PM by dreenk317
Dragon Shadow Greathammer. Has lifetap proc.
Mon 18 Mar 2019 7:56 AM by dudis
Get the Dragon-Shadow 2H.

Dragonstorm will do the highest dmg per swing as it is the slowest, but the DOT proc will just mean free CC immunity for anyone it procs on. It's a solid option for solo though.

You could also just run a crafted 2h with any proc you prefer.

Use Provoke as your anytime style but try to land your positional snares as often as possible.
Thu 21 Mar 2019 1:46 AM by Frostburn
Good choices for skald 1H and shield combo?
Thu 21 Mar 2019 8:42 AM by dudis
I used to run the healer TG hammer with the dex/quick debuff, but have since switched to a quicker crafted hammer.

Fast melee speed is key for interrupting and peeling. I havn't been able to find a hammer that's quicker than the 3.1 spd crafted.

I opted for a crafted shield with a DD /use.
Sun 7 Jul 2019 4:31 AM by bliskin
Why would you guys use Provoke as an anytime style in RvR when it's Low dmg and is just taunt used for PvE when Ruiner has high dmg and it's follow up Crumble also does high dmg with med hit bonus???
Sun 7 Jul 2019 11:10 AM by inoeth
bliskin wrote:
Sun 7 Jul 2019 4:31 AM
Why would you guys use Provoke as an anytime style in RvR when it's Low dmg and is just taunt used for PvE when Ruiner has high dmg and it's follow up Crumble also does high dmg with med hit bonus???

ruiner has .41 gr
crumble has .76 gr
provoke has .58 gr

.041+.76=1.17
2x.58=1.16
provoke does nearly same dmg dmg and is more easy to pull off since its not a combo
Sun 7 Jul 2019 12:20 PM by ExcretusMaximus
inoeth wrote:
Sun 7 Jul 2019 11:10 AM
bliskin wrote:

ruiner has .41 gr
crumble has .76 gr
provoke has .58 gr

.041+.76=1.17
2x.58=1.16
provoke does nearly same dmg dmg and is more easy to pull off since its not a combo

Also, you shouldn't be using an anytime style in a group anyway. Conquer + Frost Hammer are what you use 100% of the time as a Skald. If they face you and you miss your style, it doesn't matter; they're still interrupted, which is your job; if they don't face you they're snared and interrupted. Either way, you've done your job.
Sun 7 Jul 2019 1:20 PM by inoeth
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sun 7 Jul 2019 12:20 PM
inoeth wrote:
bliskin wrote:

ruiner has .41 gr
crumble has .76 gr
provoke has .58 gr

.041+.76=1.17
2x.58=1.16

Also, you shouldn't be using an anytime style in a group anyway. Conquer + Frost Hammer are what you use 100% of the time as a Skald. If they face you and you miss your style, it doesn't matter; they're still interrupted, which is your job; if they don't face you they're snared and interrupted. Either way, you've done your job.

? that makes zero sense
Sun 7 Jul 2019 2:18 PM by gotwqqd
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
inoeth wrote:
bliskin wrote:

ruiner has .41 gr
crumble has .76 gr
provoke has .58 gr

.041+.76=1.17
2x.58=1.16

How about backing up your attackbwith one of the two anytime choices presented above?
Mon 8 Jul 2019 9:34 AM by Sepplord
gotwqqd wrote:
Sun 7 Jul 2019 2:18 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
inoeth wrote:
ruiner has .41 gr
crumble has .76 gr
provoke has .58 gr

.041+.76=1.17
2x.58=1.16

How about backing up your attackbwith one of the two anytime choices presented above?

He says that you use the backsnare and back it up with the sidesnare. Can't back those up with a third option.

I do the same on my warrior when engaged with targets that will probably try and run away/strafe wildly. You (often) don't want to use follow-up styles on those styles, since they would break snare
Mon 8 Jul 2019 5:11 PM by LedriTheThane
Frostburn wrote:
Thu 21 Mar 2019 1:46 AM
Good choices for skald 1H and shield combo?

Frozen blackhearted hammer for d/q debuff proc, if you have a weaponless temp then any shield with a lifedrain would be fine, but if not, have the shield match the 2 hander's stats.
Mon 8 Jul 2019 5:14 PM by LedriTheThane
Icykoz wrote:
Sun 17 Mar 2019 6:40 AM

Thanks in advance, hugs

Dragon shadow 2h hammer.

Dragon storm is technically better dps wise, but the poison will fuck up your mezz/snare.
Tue 9 Jul 2019 5:48 AM by Stoertebecker
LedriTheThane wrote:
Mon 8 Jul 2019 5:14 PM
Icykoz wrote:
Sun 17 Mar 2019 6:40 AM

Thanks in advance, hugs

Dragon storm is technically better dps wise, but the poison will fuck up your mezz/snare.

Thats correct, but each damage after mezz/snare will fuck it up, or did they changed that?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics