Savage leveling help

Started 26 Feb 2019
by Quik
in Midgard
Ok so I made a savage for the first time yesterday and got him to 17 I think. I first tried keeping savagery maxed and rest into HtH but I found myself losing to yellow mobs, so then I went all HtH with enough in savagery for taunt and rest in parry and now I can easily take yellows.

Anyone got any tips for a troll savage on how to use my savagery buffs to help me lvl? What am I doing wrong? How should I spec for leveling only at this point?

Also I have been cheesing RP's when I can and I think I have Tireless1/LW1/MoP3or4...should I change these up? Should I keep working on MoP or should I work on some other RA's as I get more RP's?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 5:50 AM by Afuldan
For pve ignore pain, and mopain. Dont go higher than 2L9 or loose your free respecs.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:01 AM by Dabrixmgp
slight hijack but also have a new bie Savage and didnt want to make another topic above this one. I was wondering which h2h Syles I should keep on my bar. The class doesnt seem to have a spammable anytime like a lot of other melee DPS have and I doubt I will see much use of off parry/dodge chains unless Im soloing.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:04 AM by Afuldan
Dabrixmgp wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:01 AM
slight hijack but also have a new bie Savage and didnt want to make another topic above this one. I was wondering which h2h Syles I should keep on my bar. The class doesnt seem to have a spammable anytime like a lot of other melee DPS have and I doubt I will see much use of off parry/dodge chains unless Im soloing.

Taunt for solo pve or rvr, side stun chain is highest damage.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 4:43 PM by DinoTriz
The best way to level a Savage is max (equal with your level) Hand to Hand and rest Savagery.

Use all four main buffs when soloing (Evade/Parry/Damage/Haste)

Use Wild Call as your anytime and Evade and Parry styles when Soloing.

When Grouping (PVE), use rear and side styles (preferably Side) and I suppose you could only use your offensive buffs if you wanted to.

At 50, I'm specced 50 H2H/ 40 Savagery (for last Slash resist, as we're vulnerable)/ 15 Parry.

You may see 44 H2H/ 49 Savagery, but you get more quad hits with 50 H2H.

My bars are setup like this (for PVE/RVR/ General Purpose):

1. Wild Call (Anytime style, for Solo PVE or RVR)
2. Clan's Call (Rear stun to chase down runners in RVR)
3. Kelgor's Fist (Side opener, for Group PVE/RVR - Aim to use this chain when possible)
4. Kelgor's Wrath (Side stun follow-up, for Group PVE/RVR)
5. Totemic Fear (Evade style opener, for Solo PVE/RVR)
6. Totemic Wrath (Evade style follow-up, for Solo PVE/RVR)
7. Tribal Rage (Parry style opener, for Solo PVE/RVR)
8. Tribal Assault (Parry style follow-up, for Solo PVE/RVR)

Then I have my main four buffs macroed to a mouse button for easy reapplication.

It's not perfect, but it's the most convenient.
Thu 11 Apr 2019 5:35 PM by Kappu
There is no substantial data that proves you get higher quads when going 50 HTH vs. 44 HTH.

Sorry, this has been tested debunked numerous times.

If you are solo leveling don't use evade and parry buff (you need to conserve health lost) just use your evade buff since you have a higher chance to evade than parry. If you're using follow up format even if you parry instead of the evade style you'll have time to get the parry style off typically (when your haste is up).

Wild Call is your anytime style and it does suck. If you have a duo partner let them tank and chain from the back or side styles.
Thu 11 Apr 2019 5:55 PM by RiffRaff
Dabrixmgp wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:01 AM

I run taunt on 1 side chain 2 and 3 and rear on 4.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:04 AM by Numatic
Kappu wrote:
Thu 11 Apr 2019 5:35 PM
There is no substantial data that proves you get higher quads when going 50 HTH vs. 44 HTH.

Sorry, this has been tested debunked numerous times.

If you are solo leveling don't use evade and parry buff (you need to conserve health lost) just use your evade buff since you have a higher chance to evade than parry. If you're using follow up format even if you parry instead of the evade style you'll have time to get the parry style off typically (when your haste is up).

Wild Call is your anytime style and it does suck. If you have a duo partner let them tank and chain from the back or side styles.

I dont know how different it is here, but IIRC on live savages have a breakpoint at 70 h2h which requires rr10 and 50 h2h spec. At that point you will see a very large increase in quad and triple hits. Otherwise the 44h2h and 49 sav is the go to spec before that. The increase in buffs seems to outweigh the minor loss of 6 points in h2h.

Again, it could be completely different here. That would need to be confirmed by a dev or a rr10 savage.

Edit: just realized someone necro'd this post from 2 months ago :/
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics