Spiritmaster Pets?

Started 19 Feb 2019
by ceto287
in Midgard
Hiya folks,

I'm looking to try a SM because they seem interesting, but I'm curious about the pets. I tried an Enchanter in Hib, and I was very unimpressed with the pets, they couldn't keep aggro at all. I heard in game that the SM pets are far superior than Ench pets and they greatly improve with each upgrade. Can any exprienced SM's confirm that?

Thanks!
Tue 19 Feb 2019 11:36 PM by Afuldan
Sm pets are different than enchanters, rather than better. All sm pets are melee type, and each new pet brings new abilities and keeps the ones from the lower level pets.

At level 32, the pet has Defensive Proc: Bladeturn, casts bladeturn on itself, Offensive Proc: Stun, Offensive Proc: Lifetap, Offensive Proc: DD, and Intercept that stacks with a melee Intercept.
Sat 8 Jun 2019 12:17 AM by gotwqqd
So always summon the highest level ?
Sat 8 Jun 2019 4:05 AM by vxr
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 8 Jun 2019 12:17 AM

Always highest always kobol. /release all others
Sun 9 Jun 2019 6:47 AM by Rhox
vxr wrote:
Sat 8 Jun 2019 4:05 AM
gotwqqd wrote:

Agree to disagree here ;-)
Mon 10 Jun 2019 5:01 PM by vxr
Rhox wrote:
Sun 9 Jun 2019 6:47 AM
vxr wrote:
Sat 8 Jun 2019 4:05 AM
gotwqqd wrote:

Agree to disagree here ;-)

reported!
Wed 19 Jun 2019 8:23 AM by dstrmberg
What do you guys think about the stun proc?
Wed 19 Jun 2019 1:57 PM by Mura
It's a 2s stun with no immunity.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 10:52 PM by Kohi
Depending on what u do with, u might want to cast a specific race pet. For a bit more dmg, use a troll, for a farm grp where u get often hit (i.e. hulks), chose a dwarf as they last longer (higher con) considering they get hit for you when intercepting. Wish they would have implemented the /whisper niflheim command as it's pretty annoying to cast/kill ur pet till u get the one u want...

This being said, OP post was more about the aggro from ench's pet being disappointing which is either related to Phoenix's in house nerf to focus shield i guess.
One of my sms was specifically built for solo farm purpose and is 50 summoning specced (focus shield/buffs line). This line became just weak after the nerf as u don't have anything except focus shield and buffs, no spec nuke/bomb as hib/alb counterparts and even the baseline dd is on another line, so we were the most hit by this nerf. The mana cost (focus shield + heals) and time spent to kill the mobs has nearly doubled. Regarding its aggro, despite having max focus shield i noticed in several occasions that i'd lose the aggro from time to time (even with non 50 grp mates, never happened before) which is i guess due to the missing dmg generated thanks to this nerf.

My advice to OP : if u want a sm to farm -but in group- go suppression. Summoning will disappointing u as well as by ench, and maybe even more as u don't have neither the bomb nor the stun.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:05 PM by ExcretusMaximus
I've never seen any evidence that pet race has any impact on anything.
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:13 PM by Kohi
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 19 Jun 2019 11:05 PM

I don't need evidence as i tested it. ;-) Had something like 20-25 dmg more with troll vs norseman/dwarf. Regarding the dwarf longlasting, i saw it too as i did A LOT of hulks farming, those who know my bomb Kotoko will confirm, and it's definitely worth summoning a dwarf as not all seers use grp heal (spread doesn't heal pets).
Mon 24 Jun 2019 2:20 PM by The Maddog
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

It did. Not sure about now / on Pheonix

Once upon a time SM pets had weapons and various class / weapon combo's mad a difference. This even applied to BD pets as commanders had weapons.

If you wanted to hit hard, keep summoning till you got a troll. If you wanted thrust damage, keep going till your pet had a spear. etc etc. I always preferred a troll pet with 2h weapon or spear. etc etc etc.

Of course this was on live and it's been about 10 years since i was on the live server. No idea how long ago they changed it or if it's just a change on phoenix. My point being, I think some people still think pet type makes a huge difference but it's probably a carry over from old live play rather than anything applicable to this server.
Mon 24 Jun 2019 2:31 PM by Kohi
The Maddog wrote:
Mon 24 Jun 2019 2:20 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

It did. Not sure about now / on Pheonix

Once upon a time SM pets had weapons and various class / weapon combo's mad a difference. This even applied to BD pets as commanders had weapons.

If you wanted to hit hard, keep summoning till you got a troll. If you wanted thrust damage, keep going till your pet had a spear. etc etc. I always preferred a troll pet with 2h weapon or spear. etc etc etc.

Of course this was on live and it's been about 10 years since i was on the live server. No idea how long ago they changed it or if it's just a change on phoenix. My point being, I think some people still think pet type makes a huge difference but it's probably a carry over from old live play rather than anything applicable to this server.

You are right. Later on, commands where added (niflheim) etc. But i'm strictly speaking of Phoenix in this case, and as i farmed A LOT with my summoner the same mobs, i could notice the difference in terms of dmg (troll) as well as longer lasting life (dwarf ), it's not subjective, only fact. For sure, the difference is not huger, i made something like 15-20 dmg more iirc with troll pet vs norseman for example, and i use on regulary basis dwarves by hulks on my bomb and usually never have to recast my pet while the other sms in grp have to (and i generally get most of the aggro = more hits to me and my pet).
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics