Template for thane

Started 13 Feb 2019
by bossan
in Midgard
Hi!
Hit 50 a few days ago with my thane and now its time to start on the template. I know its one of the more expensive classes to temp.
My question is this: do i need to cap all my skills? Does going higher then 50 with +items and rr increase my dmg with hammer and sc? Does it increase my block and parry chance? What use do i have of quickness?
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:05 PM by Draeil
I am wondering the same.. also are there no public templates?
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:17 PM by Centaurus
Most templates will use ROG (random object generator) jewelry, which makes the template difficult/impossible to duplicate. The best way to template is to farm/buy high utility ROGs, add /use items that you want, then spellcraft your armor to fill in the gaps. Use Loki 1.4 for best results.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:21 PM by Mura
Public templates would be 100% useless to you here. It is impossible to recreate rogs and temping with all feather jewelry would be stupidly expensive and difficult for no real benefit.

As far as spellcrafting, +SC, +power, +parry and piety are luxuries. If you can cap them, great, but I wouldn't beat youself up if you can't.

Focus on str, con, dex, hammer, shield, hits, and resists. Personally, I like to temp quick, but you'll get mixed responses on it, due to alpha strike damage.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 4:43 AM by Schett
You can cap everything as Thane with rog, but I would leave power out and if you are having problems you don’t have to cap sc, 1 point of sc = 1dmg, you want to cap everything else, even piety...

Remember that you don’t really need dex when you are in 2h, but you want to make sure you can swap to 2h without losing to much stats.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 12:21 PM by dudis
I created my thanes template the other day

It has one 75 util rog, rest are 55 ish i believe.

TG torso, 2x MP crafted, rest 99%.

Caps str/con/dex/qui/pie/hits, 11 power, meh...
Caps all resists
Caps hammer/shield/stormcalling, 6 parry

Even if +SC doesnt do all that much, it's something. Even a 2% increase in damage is what it is.

My template is not weaponless though, I run the healer TG hammer with D/Q debuff and a crafted 2H with Energy DD proc that matches the 1h stats.

Wasnt that hard
Thu 14 Feb 2019 1:02 PM by bossan
dudis wrote:
Thu 14 Feb 2019 12:21 PM
I created my thanes template the other day

It has one 75 util rog, rest are 55 ish i believe.

TG torso, 2x MP crafted, rest 99%.

Caps str/con/dex/qui/pie/hits, 11 power, meh...
Caps all resists
Caps hammer/shield/stormcalling, 6 parry

Even if +SC doesnt do all that much, it's something. Even a 2% increase in damage is what it is.

My template is not weaponless though, I run the healer TG hammer with D/Q debuff and a crafted 2H with Energy DD proc that matches the 1h stats.

Wasnt that hard

Been looking at that hammer aswell.
Thanks for all the help lads.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 1:12 PM by mik
For anyone who is reading this and aiming for weaponless, you want at least 65 utility on every single accessory, and even then you can't cap everything if you don't want a full mp set.
My average utility for accs is at around ~70 and I'm weapon&shieldless. While it's really convenient you also have to neglect something like quickness and/or parry.
Fri 15 Mar 2019 5:30 PM by LedriTheThane
Got my temp near max. 198/200 hits, 18/26 power, 10/11 magic skill are the holes. Still kicking myself over the 10/11 magic skill.

Most of my rogs are around 70-80 total utility. I also use the SI neck, dragonscale bracer, TG chest, and dragon weps/shield. 100% quality crafted items with epic reactive tinctures. I can handle quite a bit solo so I'm pretty happy about it regardless. Some day in the future I will redo it and cap everything, but that won't be for a while.
Fri 15 Mar 2019 6:03 PM by toaky
one of the problems i had was finding high enough utility ROGs that didnt over cap things a lot. all of my ROGs are between 60-70 util, use SI neck and 60k in feather items (dragon vest, TG jewel, TG shield, TG hammer which can be replaced with a 99% qual for pve etc.) im only missing 20 power but also did not try and include a 2h swap to save time /money (that can come later for me)

anyways, as others have said, because of the ROGs on this server posting templates isnt going to be of much help. just try and get as many 70 or so util ROGs as you can and put that puzzle together. dont forget that in some cases a lower utility item may be more useful if a higher utility item is overcapping something by more than a few points.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics