Weaponless Shadowblade Templates

Started 12 Feb 2019
by Hyjinxxx
in Midgard
I know it’s possible, but it’s hard coming by 70+ RoGs for an SB. Anyone have any pointers? Perhaps even an old template that’s collecting dust some place? Would be much appreciated.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:46 AM by Sepplord
As you have said yourself, the pointers here would be several very high UT ROGs.
Completely weaponless is very hard, but since (in tehory) you could fill every jewelry slot with 90+ ROGs it is doable.

Besides that, look through the feather item merchants for high UT jewelry to use.

With about 110k feathers and luck in raids for two 70-75 UT Rings my friend managed to squeeze out a template that is not weaponless completely, but utilizes featheritem-weapons and one crafted Leftaxe while allowing to respecc from sword into axe without rebuilding the Template.

May i ask why you want to go weaponless? Cheap-MP ROGs? Are there some ROG's with OP and otherwise unatainable proccs?
Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:18 AM by Durgrim
just keep looking for 61-64 util armor ROGs, which you can buy cheap on market.
Take the TG vest and get yourself some 60+ util jewelry beside the SI Necklace and your done.
stick to 60+ util and you can easily go for weaponless full temp with around 8-10 plat.
and prices will drop, because there will be more ROG farmed and lesser twinks to be outfitted.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:44 AM by Sepplord
Durgrim wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:18 AM
Take the TG vest and get yourself some 60+ util jewelry beside the SI Necklace and your done.
stick to 60+ util and you can easily go for weaponless full temp with around 8-10 plat.
and prices will drop, because there will be more ROG farmed and lesser twinks to be outfitted.

Huh?

Using ROG armor in temps means when one breaks eventually you need to redo the whole template because you cannot replace them. Also good luck on finding ROG's that fit perfectly together to achieve a template in the first place.

And i am quite sure 60UT on average is not enough to make a weaponless SB temp (it might be possible since crafted items are slightly under...most of the time, but again, good luck finding perfectly fitting ROGs). I wouldn't want to build a Temp of ROGs only, even if someone gave me several accountvaults full of 70+ ROGs, since you WILL run into the problem of only needing a few specific stats on your last items
Wed 13 Feb 2019 11:49 AM by Durgrim
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:44 AM
Durgrim wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:18 AM

Huh?

Using ROG armor in temps means when one breaks eventually you need to redo the whole template because you cannot replace them. Also good luck on finding ROG's that fit perfectly together to achieve a template in the first place.

And i am quite sure 60UT on average is not enough to make a weaponless SB temp (it might be possible since crafted items are slightly under...most of the time, but again, good luck finding perfectly fitting ROGs). I wouldn't want to build a Temp of ROGs only, even if someone gave me several accountvaults full of 70+ ROGs, since you WILL run into the problem of only needing a few specific stats on your last items

Seppel, I do agree - I did not take into account the long-term solution for armor...true - furthermore also well pointed out by you is the fact that SB needs a bit more IP than other classes. 100% legit. I draw back a couple of my points
Instead regarding ROG:
Running 2-5x TG a week will have you have the opportunity to come across a 70+ UTIL jewelry ROG easily. Having 2x 90+ util jewelry in your temp (and 90+ will be very common in 4 weeks) together with other high util stuff from feathers, you will surely be able to manage weaponless temp.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 2:20 PM by Hyjinxxx
well! guess I'll just have to get lucky on some raids and just keep farming plat on the SM.. wish i'd have made a Sham instead sometimes. lol

thanks for the help =)
Sun 17 Feb 2019 5:35 PM by Falken
Weaponless fully capped SB template will require 80-90 util accessories. I just finished my SB template (only missing 3 matter resist) and my accessories average out to be around 65 utility, with using the dragon-shadow sword (very low utility due to having parry and charisma on it) and a 99% crafted left axe which are cheap to craft/SC about 400g per sword. I only used MP gloves/boots/sleeves in my template. Could have capped matter resist if I cared to add either MP legs or helm, but it didn't matter enough to me I just wanted it done and to stop getting dead so fast.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 9:49 PM by joe2887
MHI, crafted OH with same stats on 2h'er is doable.

My temp currently is MHI and has +11 all skills, capped str/con/quick/hits and 25+ resists all
Sun 17 Feb 2019 10:41 PM by Hyjinxxx
Well damn. Where the hell am I supposed to get 80-90 utility RoGs?? xD I have such shitty rolls in TG.. if I had just 80-90 rings and bracers.. would it be possible then?? Or does it have to be ALL jewelry..?
Wed 20 Feb 2019 3:47 PM by Monkies
A fully capped SB template needs a total of 993 utility. To go weaponless, you need to average 71 utility per item with no overlaps (993/14). Not impossible but certainly a challenge. MP armor, depending on how it’s imbued typically ranges between low 60’s to low 70’s. If you assume an average of 65 per armor piece that leaves 603 utility to distribute across 8 items meaning you need ~75.4 utility per jewelry slot with no overlaps to cap.

Monkeys/Dogbyte
Fri 22 Feb 2019 4:55 PM by Padatoo
Can go lower after trashing part of the DEX - sb needs dex just for evade.A sb valkyn only needs 12 dex from items after applying buffs/charge
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics