Hunter Specs

Started 7 Feb 2019
by Pirhana7
in Midgard
Just curious how people are speccing their Hunters and why.

I was looking at 43 Beast, 39 melee, 37 bow, 35 stealth. Should I drop bow to 30 and raise melee to 44? does it matter?
Fri 8 Feb 2019 12:16 AM by Niget
That spec you have seems good!
More melee will do little for you on this server.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 7:52 AM by Durgrim
so, facts n figures wise...

how many damage in numbers as difference would you have between 37 archery and 50 archery?
Mon 11 Feb 2019 9:07 AM by inoeth
Durgrim wrote:
Mon 11 Feb 2019 7:52 AM

how many damage in numbers as difference would you have between 37 archery and 50 archery?

The difference is close to zero. Also 37 is too much. 27 or 35 but never more than 35.
43 bc? What do you get there? 42 should be the highest you go there.
Imo 44+ spear is a must for hunters
Mon 11 Feb 2019 9:09 AM by Durgrim
inoeth wrote:
Mon 11 Feb 2019 9:07 AM
Durgrim wrote:

The difference is close to zero. Also 37 is too much. 27 or 35 but never more than 35.

can we have a dev explain on this?
IMO there should be a significant dmg difference between 35 and 50 archery
Mon 11 Feb 2019 9:13 AM by inoeth
Durgrim wrote:
Mon 11 Feb 2019 9:09 AM
inoeth wrote:
Mon 11 Feb 2019 9:07 AM
Durgrim wrote:

can we have a dev explain on this?
IMO there should be a significant dmg difference between 35 and 50 archery

I wont explain because there are alrdy many many threads about it. Use the search function plz
Tue 12 Feb 2019 11:36 AM by Durgrim
from what I understood, only unstyled bow attacks are getting minor increase in dmg when more than 35, etc.
But what about styled dmg like Rapid Shot and Crit Shot, Volley and Longshot?
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:44 PM by HelloPancake
Hello.

Difference between 27 archery and 49 archery (free respecs at 49 so I tested a LOT of builds) was 95 damage for Crit and 48 damage for standard shot with 215 base dex. I endorse lower bow 27 or 35, and higher melee-- especially for hunters who can crank their melee without worrying about dual wield or shield-- the more WS the less the assassin evades. Get a red dex click buff item and the combined forces potion-- they add more damage and weaponskill than raw archery does. Volley is fun but I haven't noticed any damage difference with it, I did not pay attention to rapid shot since I only use it for rupts, I expect that to be the same.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 2:36 PM by Ardri
Pirhana7 wrote:
Thu 7 Feb 2019 6:55 PM
Just curious how people are speccing their Hunters and why.

I was looking at 43 Beast, 39 melee, 37 bow, 35 stealth. Should I drop bow to 30 and raise melee to 44? does it matter?

RR4 spec: 36 stealth (composite 50), 35 bow (extensive testing, trust me), 32 bc (lvl 50 pet, nothing else useful), 49 spear. Easily the best spec.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 10:09 PM by Cohkka
hey,

what is with following speccs for low rr hunters?

stealth 40 (mos7)
spear 44
bow 37
bc 32

37 steatlh (or 40 for mos7 and spear 27) ?!
31 spear
45 bow (rapid fire / penetrating arrow 2)
40 bc (yellow D/C)

iam now 40.5 and cant decide which spec will be my finale one -.-"
some ppl says 35+ in bow isnt worth it?!
whats with mos7? is it worth?

please let me know
Mon 18 Feb 2019 11:57 AM by Durgrim
what about the run speed and stealth detection by other classes from 39+11 compared to 50+11 ?
What is about MoS I-IX?
Mon 18 Feb 2019 12:13 PM by jelzinga_EU
For fresh level 50 RR1 :
39 Stealth, 35 Archery, 32 Beast, 46 Spear and when you start gaining RR you drop Stealth in favor of more Spear.

It is possible to spec differently (e.g. more BC / Archery) but this is the basic spec which gives you the best returns imo.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 1:39 PM by Durgrim
We had that conversation on different threads already. But yet I have no idea, whats coming with Dex.
So Dex is not only increasing your Bow Damage, also reducing your draw time? (cast time) ?
Where is the cap here and where is the breaking point?
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:45 PM by Ardri
Durgrim wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 1:39 PM
We had that conversation on different threads already. But yet I have no idea, whats coming with Dex.
So Dex is not only increasing your Bow Damage, also reducing your draw time? (cast time) ?

No dex cap and no break point. Every point of dex helps. Use a d/q charge at all times (red d/q). That being said, 1.5s attack speed is a hard cap. You won't hit it unless you use a fast weapon. Google a daoc weapon speed calc to figure out what you need.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 7:41 AM by Durgrim
Ardri wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:45 PM
Durgrim wrote:
Mon 18 Feb 2019 1:39 PM

No dex cap and no break point. Every point of dex helps. Use a d/q charge at all times (red d/q). That being said, 1.5s attack speed is a hard cap. You won't hit it unless you use a fast weapon. Google a daoc weapon speed calc to figure out what you need.

which buffs/clickies do stack? The red dex quick pot is seen as spec buff? can I apply a base buff from anywhere?

thanks for the hint with the speed calc. currently with 5.0 bow I have 1.7s draw time for rapid shot.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 11:41 AM by tsteken
For a fresh dinged Hunter I suggest this spec and using charges of str/con and dex/qui (from malmo or TG)
50 Spear
37 Bow
38 Stealth
25 BC (mostly for third speed and lvl 23 spec af until your charges are ready)
Wed 27 Feb 2019 1:13 PM by stinsfire
I wonder why so many people spec high spear on a hunter. I mean,, foremost you chose an archer class and yes it's nice being able to do some damage at melee, but from my experence during i50 testing even with full spear spec I lost nearly all of my fights to assassins and any non stealthed melees.

I really dont understand what you need it for. If an assassin catches you or a non visible melee gets to you, you are dead anyway. If we had PD on hunters this would be different, But right now I am thinking about doing a full sniper spec and not engage in 1on1 at all. Stealth groups or sniping casters out of zergs would be my activities.

But if anyone can convinve me that high spear is worth it I am willing to change my plans.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 1:19 PM by tsteken
stinsfire wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 1:13 PM
I wonder why so many people spec high spear on a hunter. I mean,, foremost you chose an archer class and yes it's nice being able to do some damage at melee, but from my experence during i50 testing even with full spear spec I lost nearly all of my fights to assassins and any non stealthed melees.

I really dont understand what you need it for. If an assassin catches you or a non visible melee gets to you, you are dead anyway. If we had PD on hunters this would be different, But right now I am thinking about doing a full sniper spec and not engage in 1on1 at all. Stealth groups or sniping casters out of zergs would be my activities.

But if anyone can convinve me that high spear is worth it I am willing to change my plans.
Its because Archery is crap on Phoenix atm. Devs are currently investigating buffing all archer classes.
If you spec sniper you are gonna lose more than high spear. Im not saying full Spear is a superb insane spec. But archery doesnt cut it atm. And is probably due to the phoenix code. If/when they buff archery people will probably have a decent mix of the two (melee/archery)
Wed 27 Feb 2019 1:52 PM by stinsfire
Oh nice.. did the staff already mention what they are planning to do? Straight buff to bow dmg?
Wed 27 Feb 2019 2:07 PM by Dominus
Durgrim wrote:

check out my post from beta on the comparison

https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?p=17189#p17189
Wed 27 Feb 2019 2:15 PM by stinsfire
Oof I really hope they do something about this. Seems like speccing high bow doesnt really add any significant dmg
Wed 27 Feb 2019 2:25 PM by Ashenspire
I want to see the difference in defense penetration on the different bow specs. I've not seen that test yet.

Same thing with left axe SBs people crying foul.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics