Re: TG (Tuscaran Glacier) Raid Leader's guide

Started 4 Feb 2019
by Mac
in Midgard
It takes ~ 200 people to do TG in ~ 2 hours. With fewer people it takes longer, so advertize your event in Advice chat & Alliance chat for a few hours prior to the raid.
An Example: /advice TG raid on Gil today 2 Feb, 11 AM PST, 2 PM EST, 20:00 CET. Meet in Hagall A full clear of TG yeilds ~ 12K Feathers to each member plus some nice drops.

Each group should have 1 healer and 1 shammy. It's very important that the pulls in TG are very controlled. You need a designated puller and NO ONE is allowed to get in front of the puller. This is how raids get wiped. You also need a named Main Assist and all damage dealers assist on the MA. People should make a macro:
/macro MA /assist Gil

Run North from Hagall to Delling Crater then East to the zone wall, then north to the entrance. Once inside allow a couple minutes for all to rebuff. Then head west into the Ice Skel tunnel which curves south. Go thru the Dragon's beak and at the dragons tail jump down to the east. Clear mobs to the tunnel and follow it East & SE to the big room. Here we find our first bosses. We kill the first Bird boss Hurika. All Melee must stack on the MA and puller pulls to us. Ignore the minions and melt down the boss. Then we clear some skelly trash and pull the Big Skel, Issorden. Now it's time for the second Bird boss, Torst. Again all Melee must stack on the MA, The puller climbs up the glacier and pulls Torst down to the main floor. Then we head north to another tunnel at the end we find Fornfrusenen, All on Frorfru, ignore the shards. After killing her we retrace our steps to the Dragon room where we clear to the south, then west, then north and then into a tunnel to the west.

We follow this tunnel to the south and then go east. Here we will kill Hord, then Ozur. Rez the dead and we head further east, at the fork we clear South and Kill Otrygg, then north where we find Vagn & Nokkvi. Try to keep them seperated and kill Vagn first, then Nokkvi. Rez and rebuff and we go back west to the main tunnel We go south to the big room where we encounter Icelord Agmundr. We tank & Spank but avoid the staves he summons. Rez, rebuff and clear to the south of the big room where we enter a tunnel to the east to kill the Jailer Vifil. Now we go back to the big room and clear north along the east side to another tunnel to the east where we find Kvasir. Then we continue east. At the T we turn west and then south to kill Hakr, then back to the T where we go east then North where we find Skuf & Steinvor. Try to keep them seperated and kill Skuf then Steiner. Rez & rebuff then south to Xroad, then east to Suttung & Hjalmar. Suttung first then Hjalmar. Next come the area where we see the most raids get wipped. The King, Queen and 2 elder Councils are close together. Keep the raid well back from them and have the puller bring Guthlac and Birghir back away from the King & Queen. Kill Guthlac and then Birghir. Rez & rebuff, purge rez sickness, and pull King Tuscar. After we kill the king we enter the throne room and kill Queen Kula.

Gratz! It's time to do the random and distribute the loot! I'm assuming the raid leader has been using the loot chest system. You start that by doing '/bg loot chest enable' before we enter the Dungeon. Now the raid leader hops up on the ledge on east side of throne room and does '/bg loot chest spawn'. This drops a chest at his feet and we allow a few minutes for people to look inside.

Now it's time to random for loot! Do a '/random record 1000' and then '/yell'. Allow a couple minutes for all to do '/random 1000'. then '/yell' again and do '/random stop'. Next you do a '/random list' and you get a high to low sorted list of all the randoms between the record and stop! Pick up the chest and spawn it again in the center of the ice circle. Tell all of the raiders to remain outside the circle and come forward one at a time when their name is called. Call out the first name from the top of the list. target that player and do '/bg loot chest grant' to authorize them to remove 1 item. Continue till all items have been selected. Now do '/bg loot chest withdraw' to take the gold as a fee for organizing the raid, It will be 1 or 2 Plat.

I hope you enjoyed this guide and have fun raiding TG!

Gil
Mon 4 Feb 2019 2:49 PM by Afuldan
Thankee sai! Will there be any TG raids led by you this week?
Mon 4 Feb 2019 3:05 PM by Mac
Afuldan wrote:
Mon 4 Feb 2019 2:49 PM
I see you very well Sai and say Thankee BIG BIG!

Cercei is leading TG today 19:30 CET. Typically, we have 2 TG raids every day, 1 at a time more convenient for EU and 1 at a time more convenient for America. I like to lead on the weekends at a time that works for both America AND EU.

BTW, IMO Cercei is the best TG raid leader ever!
Mon 4 Feb 2019 3:45 PM by Afuldan
I won’t be able to make the 19:30 (thats in just under 3 hours?)

I was stuck leveling during the raids for my time all last week. Cant seem to find any when its best for me since I dinged 50 on first toon. 19:30 PST is generally when its the best for me (work, kids)

Thankee.
Mon 4 Feb 2019 6:31 PM by Mac
If your PC is laggy in 200+ raids, set effects to None and Names off.
Tue 5 Feb 2019 8:44 AM by darad0
Mac wrote:
Mon 4 Feb 2019 3:05 PM
Afuldan wrote:
Mon 4 Feb 2019 2:49 PM
I see you very well Sai and say Thankee BIG BIG!

Cercei is leading TG today 19:30 CET. Typically, we have 2 TG raids every day, 1 at a time more convenient for EU and 1 at a time more convenient for America. I like to lead on the weekends at a time that works for both America AND EU.

BTW, IMO Cercei is the best TG raid leader ever!

Cercei #1 EU Raid leader!
Tue 5 Feb 2019 10:24 AM by Taishan
Very well written & thanks Gil!

As mentioned above, might advice players to use /effects none, turn cloaks & names off and look down when experiencing latency issues / LD.
Might anyone know other ways to limit these problems (e.g. I have an high end pc, can't be that)?

Hoping on CET evening runs 20.00 +
Cheers!

Sylver
Tue 5 Feb 2019 2:29 PM by Mac
Taishan wrote:
Tue 5 Feb 2019 10:24 AM
Very well written & thanks Gil!

As mentioned above, might advice players to use /effects none, turn cloaks & names off and look down when experiencing latency issues / LD.
Might anyone know other ways to limit these problems (e.g. I have an high end pc, can't be that)?

Hoping on CET evening runs 20.00 +
Cheers!

Sylver
If you have a good PC and yet you get LDs in large raids, it MIGHT be your internet connection. The server is in Germany, if you are connecting from America, Asia, or Oceania you have to go thru many hops to the server. Each hop adds a bit of delay and some nodes add a LOT of delay. To see if your connection has problems, I like to use WinMTR (Win Meter) which can be found here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/

If WinMTR shows that you have lag due to your pathing, how many hops you have between your PC and the server and if there are any bad nodes in that path. I would recommend using a VPN to eliminate most of your hops and to bypass any black hole nodes. Most ISPs (*cough* Comcast *cough*) won't do it on the behalf of a few gamers, they are focused on business customers.

Give WTFast a try, they have a free trial so if it doesn't solve your issue you don't pay for it.

https://www.wtfast.com/?ads_cmpid=44827 ... gK7jfD_BwE
Sun 10 Feb 2019 3:50 PM by Mac
TG raid today Sunday 10 Feb @ 20:00 CET / 2 PM EST / 11 AM PST. BG on Gil one hour prior. Meet in Hagall.

All are welcome 40 or higher. You must be 45 or higher to random for drops. ALL ITEMS are randomed, I reserve no items for my guild. We do keep the chest gold as an organization fee. Hope to see you there.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 9:42 PM by Luluko
Would be cool if a raid leader would do a df/summoners hall run once a while in mid, I havent seen anyone do that yet and some people prlly could still use the encounters.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 8:32 AM by Mac
Luluko wrote:
Mon 11 Feb 2019 9:42 PM
Would be cool if a raid leader would do a df/summoners hall run once a while in mid, I havent seen anyone do that yet and some people prlly could still use the encounters.

Grumpy did SH on Sunday 10 Feb. Sadly we dont have a good system of informing people realm wide about planned raids.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 12:32 PM by Sepplord
Luluko wrote:

Last saturday there was a huge raidmarathon, that also included legion/wormraid

The thing with Raids in PvP zones, is that you usually don't want to announce them too big, otherwise you risk the other realms intercepting
Tue 12 Feb 2019 4:51 PM by Luluko
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 12:32 PM
Luluko wrote:

The thing with Raids in PvP zones, is that you usually don't want to announce them too big, otherwise you risk the other realms intercepting

yeah I get that but I am not online 24/7 even tho I was online on the weekend those raids were either during US times or I just missed it in chat if it was announced there
Wed 13 Feb 2019 6:46 AM by Sepplord
Luluko wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 4:51 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 12:32 PM
Luluko wrote:

yeah I get that but I am not online 24/7 even tho I was online on the weekend those raids were either during US times or I just missed it in chat if it was announced there

Yeah it is easy to miss it, even if it is announced a few times in chat. The DF raid was actually around 17 o'clock CET iirr. I have a few connections ingame and do this myself: whenever we see raid announcements we repeat them into our guild discord and our whatsapp-daoc grp. That way everyone has more eyes on the lookout for raid announcements.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 11:09 AM by Durgrim
Thanks for putting this together.
What I would like to read from the more experienced players are the mechanics that come to place in this Raid.
g.e. why are the tunnels so dangerous, whats the mechanic behind curse/poison/aoe in terms of front aoe, 360 aoe, LoS based, etc.
Furthermore a breakdown of all bosses, what their special skills are.

This allows some other people to determine, whether they can do this raid in ally with lesser amount of people or not.

Having constantly more than 400 players each TG raid, leads to lesser feather gain for the majority of the raiders. May it be due to LD or dmg not done on mobs/mobs being initialized by people not in raid (and there are a couple of people...) so the majority of the raiders ends with 10-11k feathers.

Thank you again for putting the overall direction of this raid together and I am looking forward to a nice breakdown/explanation in detail.

M.
Sun 5 May 2019 12:24 PM by Vkejai
Just curious , heard not to use Bonedancer pets on a few bosses , is it ok to have suppression heal pets out tho , with commander on passive throughout the raid ?
Sun 5 May 2019 4:11 PM by Mavella
Vkejai wrote:
Sun 5 May 2019 12:24 PM
Just curious , heard not to use Bonedancer pets on a few bosses , is it ok to have suppression heal pets out tho , with commander on passive throughout the raid ?

Leaders request no pets to help reduce lag and keep them from clipping through walls/floors and pulling extra mobs which could potentially cause a wipe. Join a group and you shouldn't need the heal pets.
Mon 6 May 2019 5:54 AM by Durgrim
Vkejai wrote:
Sun 5 May 2019 12:24 PM

Basically, pets` pathing is difficult to foresee. Whilst moving, especially on the bridge in TG, they clip downstairs and pull several mobs, which causes the raid to loose time due to unprepared INC.
At bosses, they dont really stand a chance. It is a waste of power to cast them since they are dead after the first AOE. Even at trash, they are not worth their power, because of their instant death at AOE.

Some may say after the bridges and close to throne room there could be pets, thats true - they wont clip any longer but again, they (subpets) die anyways in the tunnel before the queen whilst pulling but they still put the raid in harms way since they naturally attack everything which affects the owner if not on passive.
And the danger coming with this ability by owners not being focused or properly controlliing them can cause mispull when the pets are body pulling throne room.

thats why, at least for me, it is easier to lead the raid successfully without pets than the advantage the raid would gain by allowing pets.

Mon 6 May 2019 8:36 AM by Druth
I've tried TG runs in groups with no sham/healer (others running 4 heals...), and decided that my only chance of not dying constantly was heal pets and keep commanding "stay" + "follow" so their range to mobs were my Lifetap Range (1500) + Pet heal range, so maybe around 2500 range, which seemed enough to not have them die to often.

When crossing the 2 bridges (especially the first one), I ditched them and resummoned when having passed.
Pets get a bad rep, but most TG's I've been on, pulls on bridges have been made by people falling (or jumping), not hard to see when you reach bottom and see dead people down there.

But I don't summon pets when I ran in groups with healers, to much micro management.
Mon 6 May 2019 11:01 AM by Vkejai
Ok thanks for the replies /salute
Mon 3 Jun 2019 1:02 PM by Bentleyzsht
Nice, thank you for the guide.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics