Interrupt mechanics (SM pet)

Started 16 Mar 2020
by joshisanonymous
in Midgard
I fought an inf two times on my SM and both times I couldn't seem to cast regardless of whether my pet was intercepting or not. I haven't noticed those when fighting any other assassins and I've fought a decent number solo. So I have two questions:

[list=]
  • How many ticks will DoT poisons interrpt for?
  • Is it possible for one hand only to get intercepted, and relatedly, is there a style that infs can use to increase the chances of this?
  • [/list]

For the second question I noticed in the log that he often seemed to hit both me and my pet at the same time. I'm not completely sure if they're poison ticks or regular attacks, but it seemed like regular attacks in the moment. (They hit for ~60 each and I have full resists.)
    Tue 17 Mar 2020 3:34 AM by gotwqqd
    joshisanonymous wrote:
    Mon 16 Mar 2020 11:09 PM
    I fought an inf two times on my SM and both times I couldn't seem to cast regardless of whether my pet was intercepting or not. I haven't noticed those when fighting any other assassins and I've fought a decent number solo. So I have two questions:

[list=]
  • Is it possible for one hand only to get intercepted, and relatedly, is there a style that infs can use to increase the chances of this?
  • [/list]

For the second question I noticed in the log that he often seemed to hit both me and my pet at the same time. I'm not completely sure if they're poison ticks or regular attacks, but it seemed like regular attacks in the moment. (They hit for ~60 each and I have full resists.)
    Likely one hand hit you and pet intercepted other
    Tue 17 Mar 2020 3:03 PM by vxr
    joshisanonymous wrote:
    Mon 16 Mar 2020 11:09 PM

[list=]
  • [/list]

Macro D/Q and Dex debuff to one button and Str/Con and Str on another button.
    Make sure your as close to the pet as possible.
    Debuff ASAP: ASR and D/Q + Dex first - the slower they swing the less likely they will interrupt you.
    When debuffs are off cool down do the strength debuffs unless the D/Q was resisted.
    Don't sprint, pet doesn't sprint in combat and once it is out of range it wont intercept.
    Save quick cast to resummon pet if possible.
    Don't panic.
    Spam lifetap.
    Collect RPs.

Not sure exactly how many ticks the DoT will interrupt for, but I think it is only the first tick.
    Yes, it is possible for one hand to get intercepted and the other one to land on the SM.
    No, there is no styles that infs can use to increase this.
    Tue 17 Mar 2020 4:02 PM by Sepplord
    vxr wrote:
    Tue 17 Mar 2020 3:03 PM
    Debuff ASAP: ASR and D/Q + Dex first - the slower they swing the less likely they will interrupt you.
    When debuffs are off cool down do the strength debuffs unless the D/Q was resisted.
    Don't sprint, pet doesn't sprint in combat and once it is out of range it wont intercept.
    Don't panic.
    Spam lifetap.
    Collect RPs.

Not sure exactly how many ticks the DoT will interrupt for, but I think it is only the first tick.
    Yes, it is possible for one hand to get intercepted and the other one to land on the SM.

Why don't you str-debuff when D/Q-debuff got resisted?
    Tue 17 Mar 2020 6:08 PM by joshisanonymous
    vxr wrote:
    Don't panic.
    Spam lifetap.
    Collect RPs.

Sounds like it was just bad luck on my case since I did all of those things, which is fair since being able to cast through attacks is just bad luck for enemies.

The one thing I do differently is sprint, though I'm assuming that this suggestion is for situations when there's nothing else you can do other than hope for a stun from your pet, in which case I'd just be standing still, unless we're talking about intercepting archers. OR, are you saying that the pet will actually intercept a melee who's stuck behind you if you're not sprinting?
    Tue 17 Mar 2020 7:23 PM by vxr
    Sepplord wrote:
    Tue 17 Mar 2020 4:02 PM
    vxr wrote:
    Don't panic.
    Spam lifetap.
    Collect RPs.

Why don't you str-debuff when D/Q-debuff got resisted?

That would be optimal, but I have D/Q and Dex on one button and Str/con and Str on another button. It's hard to tell which one of those was resisted so I just recast the macro if I see there was a resist.
    Tue 17 Mar 2020 7:40 PM by vxr
    joshisanonymous wrote:
    Tue 17 Mar 2020 6:08 PM
    vxr wrote:
    Don't panic.
    Spam lifetap.
    Collect RPs.

Sounds like it was just bad luck on my case since I did all of those things, which is fair since being able to cast through attacks is just bad luck for enemies.

The one thing I do differently is sprint, though I'm assuming that this suggestion is for situations when there's nothing else you can do other than hope for a stun from your pet, in which case I'd just be standing still, unless we're talking about intercepting archers. OR, are you saying that the pet will actually intercept a melee who's stuck behind you if you're not sprinting?

If you sprint and get PAed or shot at, your pet will lose sprint and lag behind and will have a harder chance of intercepting.
    Yes, the pet can intercept with someone stuck behind you, but it's less likely. Especially since pet pathing is not so good. If your sprinting it's even less likely.
    Thu 9 Apr 2020 11:10 AM by genova
    Hi there !

% for Interrupt mechanics ?? Rumor says 70% on passif. Difference between Passif / Defensif ?? Here / Follow ??
    Or always the same % interrupt but with defensif pet can stun.
    Thu 9 Apr 2020 4:06 PM by joshisanonymous
    genova wrote:
    Thu 9 Apr 2020 11:10 AM
    Hi there !

% for Interrupt mechanics ?? Rumor says 70% on passif. Difference between Passif / Defensif ?? Here / Follow ??
    Or always the same % interrupt but with defensif pet can stun.

I only tested on passive and only against blue mobs. Rate was about 66%. I'm guessing it's 50% against players. (Believe this is the intended rate?)
    This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics