LH speed for SB

Started 26 Jan 2020
by Hangel
in Midgard
Sorry but I try to uderstand what is the better weapon speed/dmg. I know all try to go with a 2.4 LH weapon but why use a slower weapon + weapon speed RA doesn't work like live server?

Thank you!
Mon 27 Jan 2020 9:08 AM by Wolfir666
Hangel wrote:
Sun 26 Jan 2020 6:47 PM
Sorry but I try to uderstand what is the better weapon speed/dmg. I know all try to go with a 2.4 LH weapon but why use a slower weapon + weapon speed RA doesn't work like live server?

Thank you!

Usually that is done to have a faster Swing-speed, as swingspeed is calculated as middle of MainHand and Offhand. And as Midgard has a 100% OH-Swing, that effect comes into play with every swing, while on Hib/Alb it doesn't happen if OH doesnt swing in the style.
So for that you usually take a slow MH and a fast OH.
Interesting to know there is, that from what i understood procs have a higher chance to fire on a slower weapon than on a faster weapon, not sure if thats true.
Due to that i've heard, that especially SBs, who like to switch through weapons to apply as many proccs/poisons as possible, still sometimes use a slow OH as well for that reason.
There even sometimes were discussions about that in /advice, so i am sure that discussion also might come up here, sooner or later.

For Zerkers it is more common though to use a fast OH, as long as they aren't guaranteed in a group with AugHealer/Cele.
Tue 28 Jan 2020 2:19 PM by Mavella
Because on live you have access to higher stats, ToA haste bonus, and celerity procs. With access to those I can imagine it's fairly reasonable to get a slow offhand set up swinging close to cap speed. Unfortunately there's no access to most of that here.

The best you can do is a haste proc that is only 6% more than a potion buff then add on MoArms and Aug qui till 250. You're going to have to heavily invest in those RAs to get your swing speed down and are pretty vulnerable to ASR debuffs and D/Q debuffs that other stealthers can run. When you get both of them on you expect to swing extremly slowly which isn't too conducive to 1v1 fighting.
Sun 22 Mar 2020 8:13 AM by Validric
Mavella wrote:
Tue 28 Jan 2020 2:19 PM
Because on live you have access to higher stats, ToA haste bonus, and celerity procs. With access to those I can imagine it's fairly reasonable to get a slow offhand set up swinging close to cap speed. Unfortunately there's no access to most of that here.

The best you can do is a haste proc that is only 6% more than a potion buff then add on MoArms and Aug qui till 250. You're going to have to heavily invest in those RAs to get your swing speed down and are pretty vulnerable to ASR debuffs and D/Q debuffs that other stealthers can run. When you get both of them on you expect to swing extremly slowly which isn't too conducive to 1v1 fighting.

What are all the different ASR debuffs available to sneaks?
Sun 22 Mar 2020 10:56 AM by Hangel
combo from garrote, axe anytimer
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics