Berserker?

Started 5 Nov 2019
by Valdarr
in Midgard
So I just started playing this week-end and I started my berserker (the class I was playing on normal servers before). However I just realized that many things that made the berserker good in the old days are not here anymore:
- We don't have charge anymore which one one of the main advantage over the Savage.
- There is no Duellist reflex RA to increase our damages.

So that doesn't seem like much but compared to other light tanks we lack stun (2 second stun on hammer is a joke)
Savage has rear stun and side chain stun for 9s
All other light tanks have 9s stun with Slam or positional stun on dual wield spec

I mean Why would anyone play berserker instead of savage now?
Is there any plan to make them more useful? Will there be class specific RA to make classes more unique or wanted?

I mean I'll probably still finish my lvl 50 and try to RvR but it really feels lackluster and underwhelming compared to similar classes.
What are your thoughts about it, am I missing something?
Tue 5 Nov 2019 3:18 PM by Razur Ur
Berserker do most melee dmg with vendo mode and you QQ?
Tue 5 Nov 2019 3:38 PM by Valdarr
I am actually asking how players playing the class in RvR at 50 feel about it, it's not QQ as I mentioned I haven't played in RvR yet on this server.
No need to respond if you are only here to be a disagreeable.
Tue 5 Nov 2019 3:42 PM by Razur Ur
Than looking herald ;-) for see how many people playing berserker and how you know to play berserker use search funktion from forum, give enough
smart threads over Berserker playstyle and specs.

And your opening post ist only QQ if you say no charge or have not nice 9 sec stun how another light tanks.

https://herald.playphoenix.online/characters/realmpoints?time-frame=last-week&filter=berserker
Tue 5 Nov 2019 4:56 PM by Mavella
Duelist reflexes is baked into the dual wield lines on
this server. DW and CD get +0.86% offhand swing chance per point and LA gets its penalty reduced by 0.86% combined between main and offhand. This is increased from the old 0.72ish% per point scaling I believe.

LA also starts out at about 76%mh/52%oh base damage here rather than the classic 62.5%/62.5% which is a bit of a buff since a majority of their damage comes from styled mainhand hits rather than the unstyled offhand attacks.

At about r10 with 50+20 LA your mainhand will no longer suffer a penalty while gaining the benefit of your offhand always swinging.

Do you want stuns and slot machine damage or heavier sustained damage with snare potential. Every tank in the game is in the same boat when it comes to reaching a target. Berserkers best damage also comes from its rear chain when every other light tanks best comes from a side chain which is often overlooked.

I think ultimately a bersker+savage is > Sav x2 or bers x2 when assisting for what it's worth.
Tue 5 Nov 2019 6:22 PM by Valdarr
Mavella wrote:
Tue 5 Nov 2019 4:56 PM
Duelist reflexes is baked into the dual wield lines on
this server. DW and CD get +0.86% offhand swing chance per point and LA gets its penalty reduced by 0.86% combined between main and offhand. This is increased from the old 0.72ish% per point scaling I believe.

LA also starts out at about 76%mh/52%oh base damage here rather than the classic 62.5%/62.5% which is a bit of a buff since a majority of their damage comes from styled mainhand hits rather than the unstyled offhand attacks.

At about r10 with 50+20 LA your mainhand will no longer suffer a penalty while gaining the benefit of your offhand always swinging.

Do you want stuns and slot machine damage or heavier sustained damage with snare potential. Every tank in the game is in the same boat when it comes to reaching a target. Berserkers best damage also comes from its rear chain when every other light tanks best comes from a side chain which is often overlooked.

I think ultimately a bersker+savage is > Sav x2 or bers x2 when assisting for what it's worth.

Thank you for your reply, knowing the LA uses the recent mechanics instead of the Classic one is actually an amazing damage buff, I wasn't aware of that.
I'll have to finish leveling up and get a temp and see for myself, but thank you for the clarification this makes me more willing to finish this characted instead of rolling a different one.
Wed 6 Nov 2019 12:24 AM by Dadbodosteel
Berserker will hit harder than a Savage unless a quad hit lands and you don't have to sacrifice health to do more damage. A friend of mine constantly or comes close to one shotting casters. I've only managed to do this a few times with my Savage with a lucky quad hit. While you don't have slam like the other light tanks you are also doing different jobs. Melee trains on hib and alb are rare , so they mostly are in the backfield peeling and they have nowhere near the capacity to burst like you will. Sure u will have a harder time 1v1 them if your purge is down but the game is built around group and zerg balance not 1v1 balance.
Wed 6 Nov 2019 5:55 AM by majky666
Valdarr wrote:
Tue 5 Nov 2019 3:15 PM
So I just started playing this week-end and I started my berserker (the class I was playing on normal servers before). However I just realized that many things that made the berserker good in the old days are not here anymore:
- We don't have charge anymore which one one of the main advantage over the Savage.
- There is no Duellist reflex RA to increase our damages.

So that doesn't seem like much but compared to other light tanks we lack stun (2 second stun on hammer is a joke)
Savage has rear stun and side chain stun for 9s
All other light tanks have 9s stun with Slam or positional stun on dual wield spec

I mean Why would anyone play berserker instead of savage now?
Is there any plan to make them more useful? Will there be class specific RA to make classes more unique or wanted?

I mean I'll probably still finish my lvl 50 and try to RvR but it really feels lackluster and underwhelming compared to similar classes.
What are your thoughts about it, am I missing something?
You can try do more than spam doublefrost as each every dumb Troll.
Wed 6 Nov 2019 12:34 PM by Valdarr
majky666 wrote:
Wed 6 Nov 2019 5:55 AM
You can try do more than spam doublefrost as each every dumb Troll.

I have played zerker in a 8 man for several years on official servers, I do more than spamming double frost.

But you can try to be more than just a troll on forums.
Wed 6 Nov 2019 10:21 PM by bigne88
Savage all the way, since there is no stun. With savage you can select your damage type. Hurrr durrrr
Wed 6 Nov 2019 11:31 PM by ExcretusMaximus
bigne88 wrote:
Wed 6 Nov 2019 10:21 PM
With savage you can select your damage type. Hurrr durrrr

You can with Berserker as well.
Sat 16 Nov 2019 8:56 AM by Noleran
Berserker are fine and a little more easy to handle and spam dmg. As Backup with Hammer the backstyle for nice snare, to stay on your target. You can time your great burst with your Crit CD (Zerkmode). With Celerity from ya AugH it feels...... awesome.

As Svg you can go simple and do fine dmg. But as Svg you can do way more than only spam taunt style for dmg... as backup sidechain with big stun, or backstyle for little stun. You are harder to peal from enemy Tanks, thanks to your crazy Evadeskill. You can get very lucky hits on your target with a nice triple or quadhit and some crits.
You have your own Celerity, if you you are out of range from ya AugH, its never a problem.

Both are perfect viable! With Stoicism Det9 and purge 3++ (against slam) you cant be stopped, if you dont get godmode peeled.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics